GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is any one up to date with Ancestry.co.uk? I know I have used it before and got the 'date of registration', dependent on how quickly his parents registered [its 42 days now/not sure what it would have been in the 60's] .... just loathe to pay 9.99 for little information

Used to have membership Luna but have let it expire. It's possible to get a free trial with Ancestry isn't it ?

Hello everybody
Several days ago I posted my email of complaint to the Times about their piece on 23 February stating that Helen had stopped IS taking Zoplicone, which as we all knew was a lie of IS's to support his claim that she then took it herself.
I have just received an email from their feedback editor saying:
"Thank you for your email, and for your attention to the detail of our report. We have amended the article online to take your comments into account."
As I haven't got a subscription I can't check that!

Hello everybody
Several days ago I posted my email of complaint to the Times about their piece on 23 February stating that Helen had stopped IS taking Zoplicone, which as we all knew was a lie of IS's to support his claim that she then took it herself.
I have just received an email from their feedback editor saying:
"Thank you for your email, and for your attention to the detail of our report. We have amended the article online to take your comments into account."
As I haven't got a subscription I can't check that!

Well done Moll ! You actually got them to amend the article.. wowee. :happydance:
Behind a paywall for me too, no subscription, but sure an OP will have one.

Thanks Jessie - The Times still has some standards, I see!

The Mail hasn't replied to emails but I see that they've taken out the worst subheading to this article:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ey-s-killer-s-sons-inherit-slice-fortune.html
Previously it said IS would decide who got what from HB's will, bizarrely: now it's changed to 'her executor'. I certainly wasn't the only person to comment on that as there's at least one comment below the line pointing out that he gets nothing and her executor will decide.

Used to have membership Luna but have let it expire. It's possible to get a free trial with Ancestry isn't it ?

Don't want to sign up for 'free trial' as don't want to risk them taking money out of my account after [I will forget to 'cancel'] was considering 'pay as you go' for 9.99 but as hunkerdown has told us he is a Scorpio, I don't need to.

@hunkerdown - can you tell us his birthdate?

Don't want to sign up for 'free trial' as don't want to risk them taking money out of my account after [I will forget to 'cancel'] was considering 'pay as you go' for 9.99 but as hunkerdown has told us he is a Scorpio, I don't need to.

@hunkerdown - can you tell us his birthdate?

Second that - birthday would be useful if possible.

Got a confirmation today that the police have my email. After chasing them up.

What are we going to be able to do with his birthday? :thinking:

Got a confirmation today that the police have my email. After chasing them up.

That's good to hear, but not surprised you had to chase them up Tortoise.
Did you or cottonweaver ever receive a confirmation/acknowledgement from Mr Trimmer QC's chambers during the trial?

That's good to hear, but not surprised you had to chase them up Tortoise.
Did you or cottonweaver ever receive a confirmation from Mr Trimmer QC's chambers during the trial?

I didn't but I believe cotton said she did.

Is any one up to date with Ancestry.co.uk? I know I have used it before and got the 'date of registration', dependent on how quickly his parents registered [its 42 days now/not sure what it would have been in the 60's] .... just loathe to pay 9.99 for little information
Hi I have got an Ancestry subscription. Have recently renewed it. I will have a look. What area was he born in please?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hi I have got an Ancestry subscription. Have recently renewed it. I will have a look. What area was he born in please?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

As a point of interest you will not get a date of birth directly from Ancestry.

You will need to identify hopefully the right Ian Stewart from the registration district and the quarter (ie Jan/Feb/March, etc) which then gives an index reference number for ordering a copy of his birth cert from the GRO (£9.25)

As a point of interest you will not get a date of birth directly from Ancestry.

You will need to identify hopefully the right Ian Stewart from the registration district and the quarter (ie Jan/Feb/March, etc) which then gives an index reference number for ordering a copy of his birth cert from the GRO (£9.25)

Probably a dumb suggestion. If he was christened/baptised there should be parish records and a lot of old ones are now on line. I still think it's likely to be a pay thing plus a huge stab in the dark/dig through a haystack as to where the event would have taken place.

Has anyone checked out old electoral registers? I know a lot of them now have the option to keep personal details private but sometimes old ones (previous address in Bassingbourn) might show something up - although I suspect it would just be the year of birth/age anyhow. Sigh. Not a lot of use really - but I would bake and donate the chocolate pie if you wish! x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769