GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Joely. You've made me feel better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darling - if I did nothing else worthwhile today - I am happy to know you feel a little better for my appreciation of YOU. We must always take care of ourselves, but be able to speak our thoughts along the way - and nobody must take this from another. Bless you and stay safe and lovely x

attachment.php

Something for The Book of Loveliness

Isn't she fabulous - and full of loveliness x

Today I bought some Lily of the Valley which I think someone said was a flower which Helen liked. I've got a small corner or my little garden which I plant in memory of loved ones and pets.
Having lost a much loved cat recently I bought a beautiful rose today named "Faithful Friend" because my cat was exactly that. At the same time I saw some beautiful Lily of the Valley plants just starting off with a few flowers. So bought one of those in memory of Helen.
I didn't know her personally but her book touched me when I read it and I was shocked when she went missing.
I hope she would approve.

Loving the rose named 'faithful friend' and sad for you in your loss of your Cat, Florrie. I can't plant Lily of the Valley because of my dogs nibbling plants in the garden. But I am writing a poem about Broadstairs - inspired by Helen Bailey.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your furry friend. I remember all mine (3) and live with a lovely ginger c

I guess there is no news yet on the investigation on Diane's death.
Feeling very conscious that it is such a short time away until 11th April, 2017 - and wondering what we shall do together in memory of the dark anniversary of Helen and Boris's death.
Beyond our love and condolence for family and friends, it would be lovely if each of us add our individual token of commemoration from the WS. x

I've just realised that I do not know anything about the rules for appeal in the UK.
If IS wants to appeal this sentence, can he do so?
On what grounds? Is there a time limit?

:thinking:

I am not sure if it is against the rule here. But I remember in the news report that GGHW looked at his son Jamie before he left the court room, but J did not meet his eyes. I could imagine GGHW thought it is all his son's fault that on the arrest day the garage door was open and finally the story unfold. And he probably blamed his sons not covering up for him during hearing. But I thumb up for his two sons for what they did. They have to clear cut their dad's evil action in order for them to have a fresh start in their lives. Plus their mom's death of cause must also be so confusing and doubtful for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another nasty domestic abuse one I think.

Indeed. He's still doing his job if blatantly guilty people get convicted despite his defence though, his job is to make sure they get a fair trial, not make sure they get off.

I still don't like his methods though.

Lit Up, I came on just now to ask the very same question!

I've just realised that I do not know anything about the rules for appeal in the UK.
If IS wants to appeal this sentence, can he do so?
On what grounds? Is there a time limit?

:thinking:

Appeal a Crown Court verdict

You can appeal against your conviction, sentence or both. It doesn’t matter if you pleaded guilty or not guilty.
Ask for permission to appeal
You must first apply for permission to appeal. A judge will look at your application and decide whether to give you permission.
Talk to your legal representative (if you have one) or get help from a legal adviser before you apply.
Send a notice and grounds (NG) form to the Crown Court where you were convicted or sentenced.
If you’re in prison, you might have to give it to the prison officer instead.

You must apply within 28 days of either:
the date you were convicted (even if you were sentenced at a later date) if you’re appealing against your conviction
the date you were sentenced if you’re appealing against your sentence

You might be able to ask for an extension if there’s a good reason why you couldn’t send your application in on time. The form tells you how to do this.

If you get permission to appeal
Your appeal will be heard by the Court of Appeal Criminal Division.
You’ll get a letter before the hearing to let you know when and where it’ll take place.
Your legal representative (for example, your barrister) will present your case to the judges.

If you’re appealing a conviction, representatives from the prosecution will present the case against you.
This won’t always happen if you appeal against a sentence.

If you don’t get permission to appeal
You’ll get a letter to let you know you haven’t been given permission. It’ll explain how the judge made their decision.

You have the right to renew your application and ask a ‘full court’ of 2 or 3 judges to give you permission. The letter will tell you how to do this.

If you win your appeal
Your conviction may be overturned or your sentence may be reduced (or both).

If you lose your appeal
Your original sentence or conviction won’t change but you might have to:
restart your sentence from the beginning
pay the court costs

https://www.gov.uk/appeal-against-sentence-conviction/crown-court-verdict

So by my calculations, looking at the info above

IS would have had to apply for permission to appeal by Wednesday March 22 if he is appealing the conviction
and if he is appealing the Sentence, then he would have to have applied by Thursday March 23

So, if he has applied, then I expect we will hear something in perhaps a month or so, when the Judge has decided whether or not he will allow an appeal.

Re the prison - I have not heard anything else so assume he is still at Bedford. Again, if we hear news about an appeal, then it is likely that msm will also mention which prison he is in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lola21