UK UK - Jack O'Sullivan, 22, left friends after night out, last seen Brunel Lock Road/Brunel Way, Bristol at 3.15am, 2 Mar 2024

New cctv of a potential witness they wish to speak with

Hopefully this person comes forward and has some information

In the last week or so I feel the police are stepping up their work on this case.

I still think the likely outcome is that he fell into the river but with his phone being elsewhere on the findmyphone app it does raise some doubts & questions

I hope his family get answers soon

Thread 'UK - Bodies in Avon spark 'Bristol Pusher' fears'
UK - UK - Bodies in Avon spark 'Bristol Pusher' fears
Just saw this caught my eye from 2017 I wonder if anything ever came of this theory

Versions of the pusher urban legend have circulated for years in different locations. It's good tabloid fodder.

People who go missing in Cardiff almost always seem to turn up in the River Taff - it happens at least twice a year - but no such rumours circulate here.

A body of water makes everything worse - a trip turns into a drowning, and then a massive, well publicised missing persons case before they're eventually found. If they'd tripped, hit their head on the pavement and died then there wouldn't be any real publicity at all.

These claims of a pusher never seem to be accompanied by stories of people being deliberately pushed but surviving - you'd expect at least some to be strong enough swimmers to escape.

Versions of the pusher urban legend have circulated for years in different locations. It's good tabloid fodder.

People who go missing in Cardiff almost always seem to turn up in the River Taff - it happens at least twice a year - but no such rumours circulate here.

A body of water makes everything worse - a trip turns into a drowning, and then a massive, well publicised missing persons case before they're eventually found. If they'd tripped, hit their head on the pavement and died then there wouldn't be any real publicity at all.

These claims of a pusher never seem to be accompanied by stories of people being deliberately pushed but surviving - you'd expect at least some to be strong enough swimmers to escape.
I think this “theory” has been in the forefront following the death of Nicola Bulley, which coincided with a few other bodies being found in rivers elsewhere. I think naturally some are quick to make links but there is little evidence to support the idea of a pusher other than circumstantial.

We’ve also had a few in Bristol in the months before Jack went missing:
Vincent Le Goascoz - last seen 2nd December 2023 on Redcliff Street, found Redcliffe Quay 6th December 2023
Keith Marsden- Missing since 4th December 2023 from Blaise Woods, found in the River Avon 31st January 2024
Sean Teddy - last seen 6th December in Henbury, found in a stream in Hartcliffe 14th March 2024

I’m in no way suggesting there is a link, there are numerous incidents of people falling in or bodies being found in Bristol Habour and the Avon over many years. On the face of it links could be drawn but I think two of the deaths I’ve mentioned above are more than likely accidental. However, Sean’s death seemed odd to me (but I won’t go into that as it will detract from this thread).

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back