UK UK - Jack the Ripper, London 1888, East End, in and around Whitechapel District UNSOLVED

Eight words: Robert Donston Stephenson, also known as Roslyn D'onston.

Has Francis Tumblety been thoroughly investigated? I remember at one time he was a prime suspect.

The FBI profiled the case in the 80's however unlike most murders they were given a suspect list and had to match who they felt best fit the profile

Their feeling was that Aaron Kosmenski (aka David Cohen) was most like the ripper behaviorally, though they couldn't say whether or not Kosmenski was the Ripper, they could say without any hesitation that the Ripper was a lot like Kosmenski.

While Kosmenski was held in a local asylum the killings mysteriously stopped.

ONE of the greatest murder mysteries of all time – the identity of Jack the Ripper – may soon be revealed by DNA technology developed in Australia.

Scientist Ian Findlay was to use the new test on saliva the notorious serial killer could have left behind if he licked the stamps on the envelopes of letters he sent to London police.

Prof Findlay's method, called Cell Track-ID, is able to extract and compile a DNA fingerprint from a single cell or strand of hair up to 160 years old.

Hair believed to be from Catherine Eddowes – one of at least five prostitutes Jack the Ripper was known to have butchered in London's East End during his reign of terror in 1888 – will also be tested. Prof Findlay, based at Queensland's Griffith University, said if DNA was found intact on the stamps, it could be compared to DNA from the descendants of suspects.

More: No Cookies | The Courier Mail
Very interesting. To finally solve this case

Lipski IS the writing on the wall!
Israel Swartz was JTR and committed his crimes out of revenge for the hanging of Israel Lipski. Swartz believed he’d been witnessed murdering Elizabeth Stride and concluded a lynch mob were hunting him down. That’s why he killed again that night he wanted his full pound of flesh, It’s also why he wrote on the wall placing the blame for his crimes at the feet of his pursuers.

"The Juwes are The men That Will not be Blamed for nothing.”
Referring to Israel Lipski.

Even though the lynch mob didn’t eventuate, Swartz couldn’t presume that an identification hadn’t been made. That’s why he had to came forward and give a witness statement directing suspicion away from himself and toward those Swartz believed to be his accusers- Louis Diemschutz and Isaac Kozebrodski. With a story involving 2 men attacking a woman yelling Lipski, Swartz was attempting to connect these men with both the murder of Elizabeth Stride and also the writing on the wall(and therefore the murder of Catherine Eddowes).
No connection was made because only Swartz knew what the writing on the wall referred to.

Neither was a statement ever given against Swartz.
Whilst Swartz could see Louis Diemschutz and Isaac Kozebrodski looking in his direction their faces illuminated by candlelight, all they could see was the darkness of night as they were blinded by the same candlelight which made them so visible to Swartz(a ballpark synopsis).

This is that of which I am convinced, I’m not a JTR expert so my facts mightn’t be entirely accurate, however i do believe my theory holds merit and that’s why I’m sharing it.

Thanks.

gggumdrops, it's interesting the things you said. It largely matches what I have written in my manuscript, except I have a different suspect.

Whitechapel, the seamy underbelly of Victorian society, was marked by almost unimaginable poverty, human desperation and crime. The influx of poor Jewish immigrants to the area from Europe, who were “foreign” in their ways and who increased competition for the all-but nonexistent jobs, did not endear them to the local population, which already was notoriously antisemitic, and it is perhaps not surprising that the broad belief was that the Ripper was a Jew. One Jew, John Pizer, who had a reputation for violence against prostitutes and was nicknamed “Leather Apron” from his trade as a bootmaker, was arrested for the murders, but he was released after his alibis were corroborated.

When Constable Alfred Long of the Metropolitan Police Force searched the area near two Ripper murders that took place in the early morning hours of September 30, 1888, he discovered a dirty, bloodstained piece of an apron in the stairwell of a tenement at Goulston Street, which was later confirmed as belonging to one of the victims. Above it was a graffito written in white chalk: “The Juwes [sic] are the men that will not be blamed for nothing.” Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Charles Warren attached a copy of the message to a report to the Home Office (see exhibit) but, fearing massive attacks against Jews and acting with great altruism, Arnold ordered that the writing be erased immediately:
… knowing in consequence of suspicion having fallen upon a Jew named “John Pizer” alias “Leather Apron” having committed a murder in Hanbury Street a short time previously, a strong feeling existed against the Jews generally, and as the Building upon which the writing was found was situated in the midst of a locality inhabited principally by that Sect, I was apprehensive that if the writing were left it would be the means of causing a riot and therefore considered it desirable that it should be removed …

Other than none of the letters having come from the canonical Jack - interesting. (Also: Cornwell's Sickert book is horrible.)
I absolutely loved Cornwell’s
book. Upon turning a page of her book ,to come face to face with a photo of Walter Sickert, I felt the blood drain from my head! I saw those dead eyes of Sickert’s and was chilled to the bone. I think Sickert could be JTR.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back