UK - Jean Campbell, 53, Glasgow, Scotland, 13 Dec 2013

I live not too far from this and can tell you there has not been much info on the local news which I think is odd.

I also thought it was strange no one found her till the morning as Cranhill is a housing scheme and has many people coming and going so wonder why it took till the morning to find her

I live not too far from this and can tell you there has not been much info on the local news which I think is odd.

I'm in the UK but not local. Is what has been reported locally pretty much what has been reported in the UK news in general? It struck me as odd too, especially as they've suggested there is no clear motive and are doing DNA testing in the way they are.

Usually on this forum people often suggest that when the police aren't giving too much away, it means the police may have a lot more to go on than what they're stating they have. But in that instance the police are still collecting DNA from a large amount of people in the local area which would seem a waste of resources. Unless of course, they have someone in mind but little to tie them to the crime scene. Maybe the police are attempting to create an environment where the perp is aware they can't refuse to give their DNA and so knows they either have to give DNA (without knowing if the police have much), refuse to give DNA (and know that could make police suspicious) or flee the area (and draw attention to themselves).

I'm not sure, I get frustrated when we're not given much information about the crime. Has the COD been released? All I've read states 'particularly violent' or 'brutal' but without giving an indication of what happened to her.

I'm in the UK but not local. Is what has been reported locally pretty much what has been reported in the UK news in general? It struck me as odd too, especially as they've suggested there is no clear motive and are doing DNA testing in the way they are.

Usually on this forum people often suggest that when the police aren't giving too much away, it means the police may have a lot more to go on than what they're stating they have. But in that instance the police are still collecting DNA from a large amount of people in the local area which would seem a waste of resources. Unless of course, they have someone in mind but little to tie them to the crime scene. Maybe the police are attempting to create an environment where the perp is aware they can't refuse to give their DNA and so knows they either have to give DNA (without knowing if the police have much), refuse to give DNA (and know that could make police suspicious) or flee the area (and draw attention to themselves).

I'm not sure, I get frustrated when we're not given much information about the crime. Has the COD been released? All I've read states 'particularly violent' or 'brutal' but without giving an indication of what happened to her.
I am new to this so never thought of that but it makes sense as there as been no extra details given locally . I'm about 30 minutes away from this area but know it well from years ago and they are quite a close knit community so I'm sure someone knows something

The article linked above is shocking in how close it shows Jean's flat was to the park where she was killed. Many people would have been awake at 10pm when she walked the dog, and heaven knows why no-one saw and reported her body there.

Her grief-stricken husband has moved out, Kai the dog was being forensically tested but has been returned home, and it also reveals Jean lost her youngest son through alcohol related illness four years ago. At 24 years old.

This is just a heartbreaking case. Please let the person who did this be caught soon.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/heartbroken-husband-murdered-dog-walker-2990234

This could be related:-

Woman, 51 assaulted in city park
Published on 6 January 2014

Rebecca Gray

POLICE are hunting a man who attacked a woman in a Glasgow park.

The 51-year-old was assaulted as she made her way to work yesterday at about 5.45am.

Her ordeal began as she walked through the Green Park area of Glasgow Green. The man approached her and assaulted her, before she managed to run away.
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/mobile/news/woman-51-assaulted-in-city-park-147319n.23101867

The dog was seemingly a 6 or 7 month old pup. Poor thing would have been terrified. :(

Sorry, maybe I'm looking too far into this, but the day/date is Friday the 13th 2013. I'm not superstitious but maybe this is relevant in some way? Idk just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, maybe I'm looking too far into this, but the day/date is Friday the 13th 2013. I'm not superstitious but maybe this is relevant in some way? Idk just a thought.

There has been very little information given out about her murder, but nothing that has been said seems to suggest that so far.

The dog was seemingly a 6 or 7 month old pup. Poor thing would have been terrified. :(

Very sad. I think the dog was returned to Jean's husband before he moved, wasn't it? It had been taken away for forensic testing. They probably hoped for DNA.

Police are doing a FB thingy. Has anyone seen it on their page? I'm not on FB so am not sure what it means. I hope it generates some leads, anyhow. This is a horrible case.

http://www.scotland.police.uk/whats...update-murder-jean-campbell-cranhill-glasgow/

I can see a post on https://www.facebook.com/PoliceScotland in relation to Jean although it's been pushed down the page with the sad news of Mikaeel Kular in the past few days. There were a lot of likes/shares/comments so it seems the information is getting out there. Hopefully it'll generate some tips.

I considered that. I made the date obvious in the thread title, partly for that reason. Partly because it's also memorable as well, and might help people recall something.

MURDER OF JEAN CAMPBELL IN CRANHILL, GLASGOW – APPEAL FOR INFORMATION

***£5000 REWARD FOR INFORMATION***

Were you in the Cranhill area of the east end of Glasgow on the evening of Friday 13 December or early hours of Saturday 14 December 2013?

Police Scotland detectives launched a murder inquiry one month ago after 53-year-old Jean Campbell’s body was found in Cranhill Park, Bellrock Street, Glasgow, at 0740 hours on Saturday 14 December. She had been walking her German Shepherd dog in the park. She is pictured below.

Did you see anyone in the area at the times mentioned? Please get in touch with us on 101 if you have any information, regardless of how insignificant you think it is, or email the dedicated address: cranhillparkinquiry@scotland.pnn.police.uk.

Crimestoppers, which is offering the £5000 reward for info, can also be contacted anonymously on 0800 555 111 or www.crimestoppers-uk.org.

https://www.facebook.com/PoliceScotland

Police Scotland Detective Chief Inspector Colin Carey said: “The murderer may have sustained minor injuries to their face or body during the attack and it is possible that their clothing might have been stained with mud or grass. If you know anyone who came home late on the evening of Friday 13 December or early hours of Saturday 14 December with unexplained injuries, dirt stained clothing, or was acting strangely, then please contact us.

“I really do believe that there is someone out there who is either harbouring the person responsible or knows who is responsible but has not come forward to police. If you have any information whatsoever I would urge you to please contact the police or Crimestoppers anonymously.”

For more information about this incident, the reward from Crimestoppers, and further comment from DCI Carey please visit our website:

http://www.scotland.police.uk/whats...update-murder-jean-campbell-cranhill-glasgow/

Thank you marlywings! I was worrying about things being so quite but not doing anything to help get the word out......duh.

I wonder if police have looked through cctv of previous nights her husband has been on the nightshift, to see Jean walking the dog. It's possible she would pop back out later on.

I haven't read anything about friends or family commenting about the kind of woman she was or appealing for info. Not that they have to, but there isn't much police or media promotion or appeals. I live on the outskirts of Glasgow, and the case isn't as big as what it should be. Looking at the photos of her flat RIGHT beside where she was found. It's possible she disturbed a junkie or a homeless person on a Friday night. The dog being that close to the flats though, you'd think it would be barking and jumping around, even when locked in the park.

It's so strange this case.

A couple of things -

It is very common for someone to take the dog out in their PJs...especially last thing at night when its a very quick toilet visit for the dog and maybe a cig for the owner.

Its freezing over there right? Who else would be out in the cold? Even serial kilers like to stay warm. Maybe another dog walker or cigarette smoker?

Also, most dog owners grossly over estimate the likelihood of their pets defending them or their property in a crisis or invasion. I used to work with animal inspectors and even the fiercest dogs usually bound over wagging their tails when they come through the gate. Defensive attacks are actually quite rare.

They are more effective than a cat but usually not by much, at least you can throw a cat.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back