GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I know that VT was never actually charged with manslaughter, but offered his guilty plea of his own accord.

Sorry for yet another correction, but VT was first asked in court how he pleaded to a charge of murder, to which he replied "not guilty". He was then asked how he pleaded to a charge of manslaughter, to which he replied "guilty".

badhorsie snip
Mrs V and I had a Tesco Finest mozzarella, tomato and basil pesto pizza last night. It's our favourite pizza by a long way, but I can never eat one now without thinking of poor JY. Do others find the same, or am I just being sentimental?

I totally agree, that was badhorsie and badfoals favourite pizza since long before the case and now I cannot eat it without remembering

It's great to see this thread so lively. We'll be needing a new one soon, at this rate.

It is pretty obvious that VT initiated some sort of "contact" with JY that "went bad" resulting in JY's death and VT's arrest. We may very well never know what really happened since VT is certain to give an accounting of events in terms consistent with what would warrant the most lenient sentence. This could have been a planned rape or perhaps VT simply mis-interpreted JY's "friendliness

For me, the bigger mystery is the handling of CJ. The legal process is a little different in the UK than in the US, but I can't fathom treating CJ the way they did unless they were pretty convinced he was their guy. Apparently, in the UK it is easier to arrest someone and require the posting of bail without the filing of charges than it would be in the US. Still, the consequences of a "bad arrest" would be the same; particularly if the person had a good standing in the community and could afford legal consul. The only thing that makes sense is that something very significant came up in the early days of the investigation that strongly pointed towards CJ. I am wondering if CJ might have been caught in a lie; perhaps "innocently" covering for VT.

Brit govt far too darn soft on criminals ... look where it's got us! [/I]

Abolutely PSA, it has become a farce, where the so called human rights of the offender take precedence over the rights of the poor victims.

Kemo I am wondering if CJ might have been caught in a lie; perhaps "innocently" covering for VT.

I believe CJ was still held for some time after VT was arrested so were they still trying to tie the suspects together in the crime otherwise why still hold him if they were sure they now had their man, VT. So it will always remain a mystery to me.

Kemo I am wondering if CJ might have been caught in a lie; perhaps "innocently" covering for VT.

I believe CJ was still held for some time after VT was arrested so were they still trying to tie the suspects together in the crime otherwise why still hold him if they were sure they now had their man, VT. So it will always remain a mystery to me.

Timeline:

30 December - Chris Jefferies arrested
01 January - Chris Jefferies released from custody
20 January - Vincent Tabak arrested
04 March - Chris Jefferies released from police bail

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8270913/Joanna-Yeates-murder-timeline.html
and
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/mar/07/joanna-yeates-landlord-released-bail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members