GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really puzzles me, too. I was expecting the prosecution to refer to VT's version of events and rip it to shreds. Instead, we have heard nothing about what he claims to have happened that night.

I think it's very hard to believe someone, if as the prosecution is saying that they consistently are non-consistent with their written or verbal statements. That said, we have to wait until the defence speaks, until then it's only one half of the coin. :twocents:

The defence really don't want those screams to be JY's so they clearly have another story that involves her being killed later "events leading up to..." I think Clegg said.

perhaps they want it to happen later because they 'shared' the pizza? and Joanna discarded the packaging in the bins?

Back to the mystery caller:

Will we see her in court as a witness?

If not, will we ever hear the nature of her tip-off?

I wonder if she will be called as a 'hostile witness' - be interesting to know if they are still together?

He already told the police he thought he'd eaten pizza that night but he's not going to say it was that one!

I think that was weird, why did he not say he thought he ate pasta. Seems to me like a sarcastic taunt to the police.

On another forum/blog a friend of the family has said that VT and TM have broken up, TM did the breaking.

I think that was weird, why did he not say he thought he ate pasta. Seems to me like a sarcastic taunt to the police.

Indeed. I wonder if he had some angst towards authority especially the police.

I've seen it many times where a perp has a complete distrust of authority, it's a common feature. Or they have been accused of something in the past which has led to deep hatred of LE.

Then again, the possibility exists that he could have had his 'own' (not Jo's) Pizza.

I doubt it.

Unless he said it when they spoke to him in the early hours of Monday morning (20th) which was before they'd made a public statement saying it was missing.

Something I don't understand - VT told the prison chaplain he was going to plead guilty to manslaughter but did the police know that? Has VT given a statement to them / been interviewed by them since he made that decision or will his defence story be something the police/prosecution haven't heard yet?

He'll have given a statement to his lawyer. That statement will form the basis of his defence. He wouldn't have been re-interviewed by the police after being craged.

*conjecture*
I read today that VT has a very, very thick file which he refers to from time to time during the court sessions. Has he been making personal notes or are these notes from the defense team?

He'll have a copy of the depositions ie the file which is the prosecution's case against him. He may well have personal notes too, or made scribblings on the depositions. I'd expect him to.

Another thing, speaking of being watched and going back to that business of the defence talking about seeing each other through the kitchen window, if she were worried about being in the flat alone, wouldn't she have pulled down the kitchen blind first thing so that no one could look in? I know I would.

Maybe she just didn't have the time, before she was 'interrupted'.

His excuse could be that when CJ told him around 7PM that GR was going away for the week-end he automatically assumed that JY was going too.

When he heard some noise in the flat, being neighbourhood watch conscious and all that is noble, he takes a walk round to check it out.

Seeing a faint light through the kitchen window and the door slightly ajar, concerned he peers in.

As in Deckard's scenario Jo could have been on the loo and spied him and he her. Mortified of how it may have aooeared, he puts his head in the door to try and reassure her that he is not a 'Peeping Tom' :innocent: and the reason why he was there but before he could say 'boo to a goose' she attacked him and it escalated from there.

This guy has had plenty of time to concoct a story before he pled guilty of manslaughter and gave his statement. So what yarn he has come up with is anybodys guess.

His excuse could be that when CJ told him around 7PM that GR was going away for the week-end he automatically assumed that JY was going too.

When he heard some noise in the flat, being neighbourhood watch conscious and all that is noble, he takes a walk round to check it out.

Seeing a faint light through the kitchen window and the door slightly ajar, concerned he peers in.

As in Deckard's scenario Jo could have been on the loo and spied him and he her. Mortified of how it may have aooeared, he puts his head in the door to try and reassure her that he is not a 'Peeping Tom' :innocent: and the reason why he was there but before he could say 'boo to a goose' she attacked him and it escalated from there.

This guy has had plenty of time to concoct a story before he pled guilty of manslaughter and gave his statement. So what yarn he has come up with is anybodys guess.

I'm not buying any of that... unless he comes out and says look I was in there sniffing her panties or whatever :woohoo:. Which is probably a more honest scenario.

It's not as if he killed her with an evil stare, he strangled her to death... it's takes time - according to the pros.

Re: pizza

Just checked and it was in the statement he gave to police on 31st Dec that he told them he'd eaten a pizza on the night she disappeared - I'm thinking he might have said that in case the wrapping turned up in his rubbish bags at the dump.

Well yes, she may not have had much time, although I think she had time to drink some cider. But she may not have got around to the kitchen blind yet.

It's certainly possible that he heard the front door closing as she came in, or perhaps the TV being turned on and knew that someone was home. I've thought of that too.

I don't believe the door was ajar, though.

This really puzzles me, too. I was expecting the prosecution to refer to VT's version of events and rip it to shreds. Instead, we have heard nothing about what he claims to have happened that night.

I don't think they are going to put all their eggs in one basket just yet but later they may come out with all guns blazing, then hopefully we'll see some sparks fly.

Well yes, she may not have had much time, although I think she had time to drink some cider. But she may not have got around to it yet.

It's certainly possible that he heard the front door closing as she came in, or perhaps the TV being turned on and knew that someone was home. I've thought of that too.

I don't believe the door was ajar, though.

In Deckard's scenario she had dropped her coat in the hall and ran to the loo, after drinking around two pints of cider whilst out, she may not have locked the door momentarily in her haste. I don't know if the prosecution ever said that Jo drank the cider just that half of it was consumed. If so, I wonder why that is.

I certainly don't think the door was ajar either or this actually happened just thinking of what lying tale he's could come up with concerning the kitchen window.

That dull thud the neighbours heard "like furniture being moved" might have been the hatstand being knocked over as when GR came home her coat and other jackets were on the floor. If the front door were open at the time then they could have heard that from over the road.

I think the pizza might have got bashed about in the struggle, which is why he took it and a reason to take her sock would be to wipe his finger prints off the door and anything else he thought he might have touched in the flat.

Unless he said it when they spoke to him in the early hours of Monday morning (20th) which was before they'd made a public statement saying it was missing.

But he knew it was missing because he took it. So when police were asking what he ate that night you would think he would put two and two together and keep it under his hat.

if the forensics presentation tomorrow is as weak as the timeline / screams one then I definitely think that VT is wishing he hadnt said / agreed to say it was manslaughter

unless the prosecution are going to return to it and produce CJ, Tanja and anyone else who can ensure their timeline then all we had today was a group of people expressing their opinions...and some of them expressing no opinion at all.....ie the witness who heard nothing at all, but his mate who was stood next to him did and thought it was students...and it was 830 ...when Jo was still in Tesco

however the way the press report it it appears that VT was quaffing champers ..literally dancing on her grave

It will also be interesting to see how the police recovered his internet history ...did they use a software package ?...if so could this be challenged as has occurred in other cases

if the forensics presentation tomorrow is as weak as the timeline / screams one then I definitely think that VT is wishing he hadnt said / agreed to say it was manslaughter

unless the prosecution are going to return to it and produce CJ, Tanja and anyone else who can ensure their timeline then all we had today was a group of people expressing their opinions...and some of them expressing no opinion at all.....ie the witness who heard nothing at all, but his mate who was stood next to him did and thought it was students...and it was 830 ...when Jo was still in Tesco

however the way the press report it it appears that VT was quaffing champers ..literally dancing on her grave

It will also be interesting to see how the police recovered his internet history ...did they use a software package ?...if so could this be challenged as has occurred in other cases

So far the prosecution has been poor in execution or that's the impression I get. I agree totally about the champagne. He was out at the time what did they (media) expect him to drink... water ?

It was social event. He was keeping up appearances. I know the pros are trying to paint a certain picture of him and that's one thing, but the media were a bit off the mark on that. It was more important for me to hear that he seemed distant or not his self.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cordial.sand1418