GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don´t think we see the actual situation of the flat. We have to consider that GR arrived home on the 19th and i guess he stayed couple of days...maybe till they found the body. So for sure he touched the things as well and maybe even moved them.

And let's not forget that it wasn't even being treated as a crime scene in the week up to Christmas - JY's disappearance was being treated as a "missing person" until Christmas Day.

Sterling work on relaying from Twitter folks - especially Robin Hood , thankyou

juliareidsky Julia Reid
#Joannayeates' parents are not in court today
1 minute ago

rupertevelyn Rupert Evelyn
Court hears there were "marks of injury to the front of the neck" #JoYeates
39 seconds ago

Examination halted 10pm Christmas day. Resumed 1pm Boxing day
49 seconds ago

Discolouration on t-shirt "appeared to be blood-staining","there were no visible defects" to Jo's t-shirt says Delaney
1 minute ago

Another tweeter has said the photos are harrowing, I guess thats why the tweets have stopped.

The defence do seem to be struggling today, however I think the fact that VT lied so much, disputed DNA evidence then lied some more is going to go against him. My intital thought when I first read about this case was a sexual game 'gone wrong', however now after following the trial I cannot think of any plausible explanation as to how he forcefully strangled her but not intentionality. Then carefully plotted to dispose of the body and cover his tracks. Obviously there is a key piece of information missing and only VT holds the answers, for the Family of JY I only hope he does the decent thing and explains what actually happened that night, so they can finally try and get some peace and move onwards with the rest of their lives.

Don´t think we see the actual situation of the flat. We have to consider that GR arrived home on the 19th and i guess he stayed couple of days...maybe till they found the body. So for sure he touched the things as well and maybe even moved them.

You are right, of course. He has since removed all his belongings anyway. My comments were only based on theorising that the curtains & blinds may have been deliberately put back the way they were found, for the benefit of the jury. But there is no reason to suppose this.

[QUOTE=Robin Hood; juliareidsky Julia Reid
Joanna's body was lying in a 'foetal' position facing the wall. There were no shoes.
1 minute ago

I think that is so very, very sad .

juliareidsky Julia Reid
Dr Delaney describing bruises and grazes on #Joannayeates' body
3 minutes ago

Asked if injuries to Jo were suffered during life? Delaney responds "Yes". #JoYeates
1 minute ago

rupertevelyn
Asked if injuries to Jo were suffered during life? Delaney responds "Yes". #JoYeates

:(

But there is no reason to suppose this.

Other than the curtains were closed in daylight, in the living room and the bedroom. The blind behind the drawn sheer curtains in the bedroom appear to be up and the kitchen blinds were open. Could be there was a reason, maybe not but who knows for sure that GR didn't remember how he left things and how he found them.

ITVCordelia Cordelia Lynch
Appeared to be 'blood staining on the watch'

Delaney says there were 'apparent marks of injury to Miss Yeates's neck and chin'
30 minutes ago

Delaney says there were abrasions (bruises) but no lacerations (caused by blunt force trauma) #joyeates
8 minutes ago

juliareidsky Julia Reid
Delaney says the injuries to her neck were consistent with force being applied #Joannayeates
1 minute ago

Other than they were closed in daylight, in the bedroom and kitchen yet the kitchen blinds were open. Could be there was a reason, maybe not but who knows for sure that GR didn't remember how he left things and how he found them.

I thought someone said the bedroom blind was not closed, but it really doesn't matter. It's most likely the curtains were drawn to prevent rubberneckers from seeing inside.

I think Tabak had some prediliction that he really didn't want anybody to know about that JY discovered but doubt he's going to admit that in a Court of Law. Given the time between her disappearance & his(VT's) subsequent arrest, he'll have been aware of all the internet speculation about how her & GR's relationship couldn't have been that great if she didn't reply to his texts/accompany him to Sheffield to see his new niece & the fact that she texted a friend of her brother's. I would not be at all surprised if he claims that JY initiated contact/invited him in/made a pass at him/he went along with it for a while but then felt guilty because of TM & it all went wrong from there on in. Basically, I think he'll cast her as some kind of Scarlet woman, rather than admit he was caught performing some kind of sex act(? on the cat??).

evansma Martin Evans
Jury in #joyeates murder trial shown photographs of individual injuries she suffered.
1 minute ago

juliareidsky Julia Reid
break until 1345 #Vincenttabak
38 seconds ago

I also wonder whether the defence will make something of VT's apparently nervous tic seen on the cctv footage at Asda; namely the mouth - wiping with hand to suggest his saliva was transferred from his hand to her body whilst he moved her body, thereby strengthening any claim he makes of non-sexual behaviour.

I would not be at all surprised if he claims that JY initiated contact/invited him in/made a pass at him/he went along with it for a while but then felt guilty because of TM & it all went wrong from there on in. Basically, I think he'll cast her as some kind of Scarlet woman

He will do himself no favours at all if he does that. Casting aspersions on his victim who cannot answer back would not go down at all well, so I can't see the defence going down that route.

I also wonder whether the defence will make something of VT's apparently nervous tic seen on the cctv footage at Asda; namely the mouth - wiping with hand to suggest his saliva was transferred from his hand to her body whilst he moved her body, thereby strengthening any claim he makes of non-sexual behaviour.

There's been no suggestion of sexual involvement from the prosecution anyway, so I don't know why the defence would want to introduce the idea.

would agree with that

I think the defence will be that there was no sexual element to this ..that it was a confrontation of a non sexual nature....

ie did they both think they were intruders ? did he have a 'lost time' episode and she bumped into him and in a trance like state he attacked

even the prosecution do not seem to be saying that a sexual assault was attempted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member