GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been no suggestion of sexual involvement from the prosecution anyway, so I don't know why the defence would want to introduce the idea.[/QUOTE]

That is true but I'm sure there'll be questions as to how saliva ended up on her midriff & surely the question has to be answered at some point as to what VT was doing when her & JY's paths crossed that night. Again, there has been internet speculation in the past that VT made some kind of pass & was rebuffed,resulting in anger/struggle.

It's not difficult to visualise ways in which saliva might find its way on to the body, given what has been shown already. Saliva does not in itself imply anything sexual. Now if it had been semen, that would be a different matter.

It's not difficult to visualise ways in which saliva might find its way on to the body, given what has been shown already. Saliva does not in itself imply anything sexual. Now if it had been semen, that would be a different matter.

I do agree with you; it may be that the defence & prosecution have differing explanations which they'd like the jury to consider to strengthen their own case.

I do agree with you; it may be that the defence & prosecution have differing explanations which they'd like the jury to consider to strengthen their own case.

the prosecution case is a simple narrative ..based on the fact that he has admitted killing her.....as the barrister said they have to consider his state of mind

the defence have to show that a terrible mistake caused this / he was not in his normal state of mind / or that he is a multiple personality

in any case hes going away for a very long time...probably to a secure mental health unit after a stint in prison

VT is always wiping his mouth, you can see him do it on the ASDA cctv, it's possible it got onto Jo via his hands when he lifted her.

the prosecution case is a simple narrative ..based on the fact that he has admitted killing her.....as the barrister said they have to consider his state of mind

the defence have to show that a terrible mistake caused this / he was not in his normal state of mind / or that he is a multiple personality

in any case hes going away for a very long time...probably to a secure mental health unit after a stint in prison

The burden of proof is on the defence if the defence are claiming manslaughter as diminished responsibility. The prosecution does not have to 'prove' his guilt, as such even though they do provide evidence to that... it is assumed by them he's already guilty of murder as they have charged him with that and he has already admitted to the killing, which he would have done in order to claim manslaughter.

There's been no suggestion of sexual involvement from the prosecution anyway, so I don't know why the defence would want to introduce the idea.

Other than him looking up terms such as 'sexual assault' and 'sexual conduct' after the killing.

I'm looking for the exact wording of the text VT sent TM at 7.13, December 17th. My recall is that he referenced having had a drink with Nic. Or else I am confusing a text TM sent VT saying the same thing.
Anyone have it?

I've just been looking back to see what the prosecution said in the opening statement, at least according to the press - we do not have a court transcript.

This is what The Telegraph reported:

Mr Lickley said Miss Yeates, whose boyfriend was visiting relatives, returned home to her flat in Clifton, Bristol, at about 8.45pm on Dec 17. She had bought cider and pizza on the way home, but shortly after getting back “she was interrupted by Vincent Tabak,” who lived in the next-door flat on the ground floor but did not know her name.

“After what may only have been a few minutes,” said Mr Lickley, “there were screams heard by people attending a party. Those screams were of Joanna Yeates as Vincent Tabak attacked her.”

So she was interrupted by him shortly after her arrival. That's about as much as we know.

GR (and possibly some of Joanna's closest friends - her parents have already commented about that, according to press) should be able to throw light on the prior level of their knowledge of the occupants of the adjoining flat and the state of relations, if any, between them. I would expect they will want to call GR at some point, especially if it becomes necessary to counter something that the defence tries to concoct as to the possible actions of Joanna and the events of that night.

I'm looking for the exact wording of the text VT sent TM at 7.13, December 17th. My recall is that he referenced having had a drink with Nic. Or else I am confusing a text TM sent VT saying the same thing.
Anyone have it?

that was a text from tanja she was on the coach with nic going to the party ...she was telling vt that the coach was quiet

Anyone have it?

Is this what you are looking for?

Early that evening Miss Morson texted Tabak and said: "Love you. Bus is very quiet and tame only me and Nic drinking".

When Tabak arrived home from work at around 7.15pm, he replied: "Love you too. Hopefully party is more lively. Just got home. Missing you Vxx".

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...-picture-of-night-of-killing-115875-23479638/

Anyone have it?

TM- 'love you, bus is very quiet and tame only me and nic drinking'

VT: Love you too, hopefully party is more lively, just got home. Missing you *advertiser censored*

Sorry, I see it has been already answered above!!

I've just been looking back to see what the prosecution said in the opening statement, at least according to the press - we do not have a court transcript....

It all makes me wish for The Times of years gone by, when it regarded itself as the 'newspaper of record', and would print what were essentially verbatim accounts of trials.

rupertevelyn
Jo Yeates was found to have consumed "Between one and a half and two and a half pints of cider".

rupertevelyn
Jo Yeates was found to have consumed "Between one and a half and two and a half pints of cider".

Probably in the pub though. We still don't know if this was the bottles she bought or not. Her friend stated she was drinking cider in the The Ram.

rupertevelyn
Vincent Tabak wept in the dock as photos of Joanna Yeates' dead, clothed body, were shown to the court.

Now he chooses to show emotion! As if anybody's going to buy that the tears aren't for himself...

I think the extent of the bruises (and suffering) are a clue to why Tabak's defense want to change the timeline and refute the screams that were heard.. Tabak wants there to have been TIME so that the escalation of his anger into brutality will cover for whatever the real motive was.

I agree that either Jo unwittingly was a witness to some behavior of his that would mortify him if revealed...or he burst in and tried to rape his defenseless neighbor. This all happened in a matter of minutes.

I think Tabak will say anything to cover his REAL shame...the shame he killed Jo to hide.

Probably in the pub though. We still don't know if this was the bottles she bought or not. Her friend stated she was drinking cider in the The Ram.

If they can only tell to this degree of accuracy and she was drinking cider in the pub, maybe they can't tell if she drank cider at home, especially as there was only a small amount missing from the open bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhoule