GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bf has been all but cleared in this case - he has been repeatedly called not a suspect. But, if by some colossal wizardry he has fooled the authorities and he was involved, I think it could only have been via a second party, who was the physical perpetrator of the act. All signs point to bf's having gone to Sheffield.

That means Greg posted his credit cards and mobile phone to an accomplice in Sheffield or the accomplice drove down and picked them up.

It would also mean that Greg had malice aforethought and it was all pre - meditated.

Seems unlikely to me - would you post these items? Or would someone come and collect them? Too risky - what if they had an accident in the bad weather on the way down or back?

I suppose the accomplice could have text / phoned Greg and said they were safely in Sheffield so alibi complete so now you can murder your girlfriend.

That would mean Greg has another mobile unless he took the call on the landline - I'm sure the pollice would have checked the landline calls.

Plus there would be no reason to plan to kill Jo - why not just end the relationship if he was unhappy or she was cheating on him?

They were not married, had no mortgage so Jo was unlikely to have life assurance so Greg would not have benefited financially from killing Jo.

She may have had death in service benefit from a company pension fund but would she have nominated Greg as her beneficiary if there was no joint mortgage?

If he did kill her (I have my doubts) I think it would have been an impluse killing so not planned and not involving a 3rd party.

If it was on impulse, and after 9pm, his phone signal would have shown him still being in Clifton.

The point isn't simply that the card was used in Sheffield -- it's said also to have been used for petrol along the way.
And the claim re the mobile phone isn't simply that it registered a signal in Sheffield -- rather that it is seen to travel from Bristol to Sheffield.
Posting just wouldn't get round this, either.
The idea of Greg's card going cross-country and being used in garages etc without him is, it strikes me, completely absurd however one tries to back it up.

Yes, I was wondering about the rowing club Sgt Jones, they would all be new friends for Jo, I'm sure they would all have made a great fuss of her as she was a pretty young lady, she liked sports, so she must have been quite a strong young lady, so it makes you wonder why she was unable to fight her attacker.

Agree about the novelty factor with the PYT and also about the strength issue.

The bf has been all but cleared in this case - he has been repeatedly called not a suspect. But, if by some colossal wizardry he has fooled the authorities and he was involved, I think it could only have been via a second party, who was the physical perpetrator of the act. All signs point to bf's having gone to Sheffield.

I would not, myself, be so sure that the boyfriend is out of the frame.
But I would bet every penny I have against him having commissioned somebody else to undertake the killing.

The Mirror has a new article about the police presence and questioning this evening:

Jo Yeates murder police blitz pub drinkers and motorists in bid for more clues

Jo Yeates murder police swamped the streets last night in a secret operation to quiz hundreds of people.

Plain-clothes officers caught pub-goers, pedestrians and motorists unaware as they hit three key locations linked to her final hours.

News groups were asked not to report the major blitz in advance so the public got no warning. Police said last night: “This operation is vital. It’s a chance to talk to people in the vicinity on Jo’s final night.”
---
Officers hit the streets of Bristol at 4.30pm and spent about two hours interviewing customers inside the Ram pub.
---
The operation then moved to the area around Jo’s home one mile away in Canynge Road, Clifton.

Police hit the affluent street at 8pm and spent two hours quizzing passers-by and motorists in stop-checks.
---
The final location police carried out checks last night was three miles away in Longwood Lane where Jo’s body was found on a snow-covered roadside verge on Christmas Day two weeks ago today.

more at link

Re: Scottybail
Equally, we've seen the pictures of the lane. How narrow is that road? There's hardly the space for a person to lie down on the verge. YEs it snowed, but the snow wouldn't have covered the body like a taboggan run
In fact, 18 inches of snow would have been needed, perhaps 12. A body is irregular in shape. People walk their dogs even in snow. A dog wouldn't miss a dead body even if it was frozen.
It does seem inclrasingly likely that she was placed there.

I agree with Scotty....
My gut instinct has always been that Joanna was placed at the scene after the fact. I think L/E know this too, but again they are not 'sharing'. Those regular dog walkers would surely have noticed if the body had been there since 12-17th-19thish???? My feeling is that it was Christmas Eve... because of the witness who saw the guy racing accross the road from where the body was found on that evening... It appeared that he had been 'surprised' and took off in a hurry?
Also, whoever was in that 4x4 that they are trying to find.. it was reported that the vehicle pulled up 'some days after' the day Jo disappeared.. again Christmas Eve? Was she stored somewhere, covered in snow hoping that she could be popped over that Quarry Wall never to be found?

I think G/R loved Jo, and that would be his only motive for killing her, she may have told him she wanted to end the relationship, they did meet for lunch on the fri, and later Jo went alone to meet up with work mates in the pub, and G/R went on his way to Sheffield, he may have returned to try and talk her out of it, but she has made up her mind to end it all, if this did happen I think it could tip him over the edge, but he is being treated as a witness.

Hi. Thank you. I hope I haven't got backs up already.
Anyhow, some of the discussion here looked quite interesting, hence my decision to join.

As long as one attacks the post and not the poster and is polite about it as possible - they're very big on politesse here - all is well.

This is a terrific thread full of wondrous posters. All threads get a bit touchy at times - at least all the good ones do.

I would not, myself, be so sure that the boyfriend is out of the frame.
But I would bet every penny I have against him having commissioned somebody else to undertake the killing.

I agree - in a relationship, it is at one's own peril, when one of the persons involved is murdered, ever totally to dismiss the other one; and I agree to disagree about the possibility of a second party.

The point isn't simply that the card was used in Sheffield -- it's said also to have been used for petrol along the way.
And the claim re the mobile phone isn't simply that it registered a signal in Sheffield -- rather that it is seen to travel from Bristol to Sheffield.
Posting just wouldn't get round this, either.
The idea of Greg's card going cross-country and being used in garages etc without him is, it strikes me, completely absurd however one tries to back it up.

LOL - I did say that but you chopped some of my post off!

I thought I was going mad for a mo!

Greg would have to have planned the murder meticously to have his phone and cards in use without him.

I can't see him doing that. Plus why involve the neighbours in helping to get his car started? They would then know that he was planning to leave at 7pm for a long journey so if he did commit the murder he ran the risk of being seen in the area / taking her body from the flat and that would have blown his cover straight away.

I hope it is not something as flimsy as "could not have doubled back". Do they know the time of death?

Also, the same article says of GR:

To those who know this genial, good-natured outdoorsman — an ace skier and surfer — the suggestion that he might be involved was wildly implausible.

Joanna was his first serious girlfriend, one of his friends told me, and their happiness was plain to see. There was no surprise, therefore, when police quickly eliminated him from the inquiry.

There is simply no way that the police aren't still looking at GR, in my opinion.
The police have come out with a whole number of untrue statements. And the statement that they aren't considering GR as a suspect is one of them.
And if they are honest in their statement that they don't know for sure when Jo died, they *have* to be looking at him.

In reguards to GR and his credit card there are many places along his route to sheffield which would have CCTV most petrol stations have them if someone else was using it i am sure that the police would have discovered that very quickly.

The Sun's atypically slow about publishing its "Jo's last text" story online tonight. I think they're hoping that all you guys over there will run out and buy a copy.

LOL - I did say that but you chopped some of my post off!

I thought I was going mad for a mo!

Greg would have to have planned the murder meticously to have his phone and cards in use without him.

I can't see him doing that. Plus why involve the neighbours in helping to get his car started? They would then know that he was planning to leave at 7pm for a long journey so if he did commit the murder he ran the risk of being seen in the area / taking her body from the flat and that would have blown his cover straight away.

Sorry, I must have got the quote tags wrong.
We're in agreement about the unlikeliness of Greg planning such a complicated thing.
*But* the idea of getting your car jumpstarted at the time you're saying you're leaving the area isn't necessarily such a bad thing if, in a relatively unplanned way, you want to carry the act out. Yes, you risk being seen again, but if you manage not to then you've a very handy "timestamp" for your alibi. I happen not to believe that, but I think it's got a bit of worth to it.

In reguards to GR and his credit card there are many places along his route to sheffield which would have CCTV most petrol stations have them if someone else was using it i am sure that the police would have discovered that very quickly.

Agreed.

The images of Jo show how prevalent CCTV is in the UK and how useful it is.

The Sun's atypically slow about publishing its "Jo's last text" story online tonight. I think they're hoping that all you guys over there will run out and buy a copy.

It's that she texted a friend saying she was at a loose end, and wondering whether they fancied meeting for a drink.

It's that she texted a friend saying she was at a loose end, and wondering whether they fancied meeting for a drink.

Yes, caught that much. I'm hoping for some speculation by a retired officer as to where this puts the investigation now. Though I suppose I could guess. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member