GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is difficuilt to say when the body was left there, but i agree with you the quarry was the intended place for the body. No murderer wants a body to be discovered do they surely? Until there is a body, there is no murder. It's still a missing persons case (I think) there are only a handful of murderers ever jailed without a body.

An example of successful prosecution without a body was the conviction of Stuart Campbell for both the abduction and murder of Danielle Jones in 2001, in Essex. You're right, they are rare though.

The Mirror has an interesting look at the case:

Who did Joanna Yeates share pizza with?
By Dai Davies, former Metropolitan Police Detective Chief Superintendant

Retired detective Dai Davies spent 42 years investigating murders and other high-profile cases. He retraced Jo Yeates’ final steps and here gives his verdict on how her killer could be caught

It just doesn’t make sense. If Jo was strangled in her home, as the police’s forensic investigations suggest, why did her killer move her body to a site three miles away? And why choose that site?
---
The answer could be that Joanna’s murderer was nearby or staying in the Redwood Hotel, a few metres from the site and the main building nearby, with its host of CCTV cameras.

But this is not the only question which occurred to me as I spent a day following Jo Yeates’s route, and that of her killer.

I find it strange Jo left the pub so early on a Friday night when all she was going back to was an empty flat.

And when I walked into the Bargain Booze where she stopped, I wondered why she bought TWO small bottles of cider.

That strikes me as something she would do if she had made last-minute plans to meet another person.

A builder would have seen Joanna coming and going each day through December and I hope anyone working on the house has been questioned.

Much more at link above.

More from the Daily Mirror.

Police hunting Jo Yeates’ killer may have missed vital clues by failing to carry out basic checks on the nearest CCTV cameras to where her body was found, it was claimed last night.

Why haven't cops viewed CCTV near the Joanna Yeates murder scene?

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...s-murder-scene-115875-22835722/#ixzz1AUZtX6QD

I bet they've discounted all routes apart from the Clifton suspension bridge route, in so doing loosing any incriminating evidence.
Looking how things are going, I can't help but feel Inspector Clouseau would do better.

Meanwhile, the Express works the DNA and Carruthers angles:

JOANNA YEATES: DNA TEST FOR ALL MEN

An MP led the call for all men living in the same city as the landscape architect to give saliva samples to the police as their investigation makes slow progress. Kerry McCarthy, Labour MP for Bristol East, said the need to catch Joanna’s killer overrides the questions of intrusion and invasion of privacy in a mass screening.

A tiny forensic trace of Joanna’s suspected killer is believed to have been recovered by crime scene investigators when her body was found in a remote lane on Christmas Day.
This week a team of cold case detectives will comb through 24 boxes of evidence on the strangling of 20-year-old student teacher Glenis Carruthers.

Some of the 70 men arrested after her murder 37 years ago may be interviewed and DNA samples taken.

In the huge task, more than 3,000 statements from 16,000 people will be examined to determine if there is a serial killer at large.

more here:
http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/222007

A tiny forensic trace of Joanna’s suspected killer is believed to have been recovered by crime scene investigators when her body was found in a remote lane on Christmas Day.

Do they mean a tiny piece of DNA?
Would that be of any use with today's technology?
I know of one cold case where it isn't.

If the police really do have DNA why isn't it being used to eliminate suspects they have in their sights like the landlord?

Do they mean a tiny piece of DNA?
Would that be of any use with today's technology?
I know of one cold case where it isn't.

If the police really do have DNA why isn't it being used to eliminate suspects they have in their sights like the landlord?

I'm assuming it must be DNA, just based on the clamor of late for swabbing the Bristol population; surely the Bristol East Labour MP McCarthy wouldn't call for action unless privately informed by police that DNA testing could be effective, ergo, they do have evidence containing DNA.

Now as what they mean by "tiny," I don't know.

I'm assuming it must be DNA, just based on the clamor of late for swabbing the Bristol population; surely the Bristol East Labour MP McCarthy wouldn't call for action unless privately informed by police that DNA testing could be effective, ergo, they do have evidence containing DNA.

Now as what they mean by "tiny," I don't know.

Just been looking up DNA, so if they found a tiny cell of DNA, it could be a flake of dandruff?, it could have fallen off someone onto Jo in the pub, I expect it depends where they found it.

http://resources.schoolscience.co.uk/abpi/genome/dna.htm

Just been looking up DNA, so if they found a tiny cell of DNA, it could be a flake of dandruff?, it could have fallen off someone onto Jo in the pub, I expect it depends where they found it.

http://resources.schoolscience.co.uk/abpi/genome/dna.htm

Yes, it could be that, or maybe it could be just a smudge, a bit of oil left by skin on skin contact, I guess. Surely if they had, say, a hair, that's not tiny when it comes to DNA.

Yes, it could be that, or maybe it could be just a smudge, a bit of oil left by skin on skin contact, I guess. Surely if they had, say, a hair, that's not tiny when it comes to DNA.

They say they have some DNA, and they are saying all men living in Bristol should be tested, but it would'nt be much good if the DNA had dropped onto her when she was out in the pub, or someone handed her a glass of wine, it could come from a lot of places.

But if it did come from the perpetrator, I expect he would have to have a good alibi.

They say they have some DNA, and they are saying all men living in Bristol should be tested, but it would'nt be much good if the DNA had dropped onto her when she was out in the pub, or someone handed her a glass of wine, it could come from a lot of places.

But if it did come from the perpetrator, I expect he would have to have a good alibi.

A very good alibi. I think I read - perhaps not, but I think I did - that those with Joanna in the gathering at the Ram had given DNA samples. I'm not sure if they can have tested the "tiny" bit of DNA they evidently have, and already cleared her co-workers, so soon, particularly since the condition of her body (and I would assume everything on it) was so frozen.

What they have must be, to the reckoning of experts, particularly unique to that period after she left the pub. (Well, maybe! I confess I don't know.) As to what its source may be - no idea there either, really.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Did Joanna Yeates think she was being followed on walk home?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (Express)

At 8.30pm she made a telephone call on her mobile phone to her friend Rebecca Scott but the duration of the call is not being disclosed by the police.

Wonder why the police are not disclosing the duration of the phone call?[/FONT]

I wondered that too. For some reason it appears the police don't want to enable others to create a completely accurate timeline.

I wondered that too. For some reason it appears the police don't want to enable others to create a completely accurate timeline.

I'm sure I read somewhere it was 15 minutes , maybe newspapers making it up.

I'm sure I read somewhere it was 15 minutes , maybe newspapers making it up.

Here it is, only place I could find it, Small World News Service, evidently directly quoting friend Rebecca Scott:

Rebecca, 25, said: ”I was the last person believed to have spoken to Jo. She rang me at 8.30pm on Friday as she walked back from the pub.

”We spoke for about 15 minutes – and she was totally normal."

http://swns.com/last-person-to-spea...ng-bristol-womans-christmas-plans-221230.html

Just to summarise Professor wilson:-

1 A young man;
2 A man known to Jo (not a Stranger)
3 Someone with access (I.e. Jo is on his radar as opposed to not being)
4 Someone with opportunity (someone she would open the door to)
5 Someone acting alone (unlike Fred and Rosemary!)
6 Someone in Bristol
7 Someone who is likely to have returned to the scene.

Professor Wilson may not be advising the police, but he sure as hell knows the people who are. The police must by now know who did it.

CJ knows all the neighbours. He is landlord to many and friends of the landlords of others. The police have IMO used him as a media distraction while they plough him for information on more likely suspects. We will not have heard about the person they do eventually charge thus assuring a better chance of conviction.

The Express article is interesting , it gives a timeline based on the cctv :

1. Jo went into Bargain Booze at 8:24pm

2. Jo calls her friend R. at 8:30 pm

3. Jo goes into Tesco -- 50 yards away -- at 8 :37pm.

Now,here's what I find really interesting : LE is refusing to disclose the length of time Jo spent talking to R. Now,why would they do that ? And,based on LE's refusal to disclose the amount of time Jo and R spoke on the phone, I feel sure that LE hasn't disclosed the real nature of their conversation either.... Fascinating. I can think of one huge topic that 20 something female best friends discuss : relationship problems/endings. OMG...

Here it is, only place I could find it, Small World News Service, evidently directly quoting friend Rebecca Scott:

Oh good find, I knew I had read it somewhere, we'r getting quite smart, wonder if the police scan through this forum lol.

I always thoght CJ did it.

But now?

CAG?

Why?

He thought he was on a promise.

Enough said.

Not sure why the thread has to close after so many posts.

Sorry, missed this. Like whitedove suggested, it circumvents slow loading, especially for those with antiquated equipment.

As this is the first thread I've started which ran over 500 posts, I'm doing it also as a means of organizing, like inserting a paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea