GUILTY UK - Leiland Corkhill, 13 Months, murdered - died in Hospital 7 Jan 2021, Foster parents on trial.

Sorry everyone I’ve had some technical issues and haven’t been on since Monday!

I’m so glad she’s been found guilty of murder. I’m surprised SC got found not guilty, he is extremely lucky.

I don’t believe there is a fee to return a child to the LA. There are fees to apply for court orders but not for return, as far as I am aware.

Sorry everyone I’ve had some technical issues and haven’t been on since Monday!

I’m so glad she’s been found guilty of murder. I’m surprised SC got found not guilty, he is extremely lucky.

I don’t believe there is a fee to return a child to the LA. There are fees to apply for court orders but not for return, as far as I am aware.

Thank you for this, that makes sense to me. It would certainly be fair and logical for there to be no fee to return a child in case it did dissuade anyone who really couldn’t cope, from giving the baby back.

It seems likely to me that the couple had misunderstood that monies were payable, or would need to pay that fee if they wanted to start the fostering or adoption process again with a new child, and were referring to that. Would be helpful if the reporting on this could be clearer but perhaps the court didn’t examine whether the fee really applies.

This woman is so weird, and certainly a murderer. I have no doubt she deliberately hurt this baby.

I know it’s hard to tell from one set of videos but it’s striking how miserable L-J looks compared to the apparently happy young chap in the main press photo that’s been out.

You can also see from the videos how overweight the baby is. Absent a medical condition that I don’t think we have heard anything about like Prader-Willi for example, L-J’s size at that age can only have been his foster parents’ fault IMO. One look at the child’s size would have suggested to me something was wrong and the foster parents were not coping (again IMO), I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a child of that age at that size.

I’m just staggered that SC was found not guilty. He knew damn well she was abusing that poor baby and he did absolutely nothing. If that doesn’t fit the definition of “allowing” then what does??

I’m also profoundly saddened by the fact that this case hasn’t got the levels of publicity that it deserves. A so-called “looked-after child” who was anything but. Removed from his biological mother for whatever reason, yet not kept any safer by the state that was supposed to protect him. This should be a national scandal on the level of Baby Peter Connolly. Still, no doubt ”lessons will be learned” <eye roll>

I’m just staggered that SC was found not guilty. He knew damn well she was abusing that poor baby and he did absolutely nothing. If that doesn’t fit the definition of “allowing” then what does??

I’m also profoundly saddened by the fact that this case hasn’t got the levels of publicity that it deserves. A so-called “looked-after child” who was anything but. Removed from his biological mother for whatever reason, yet not kept any safer by the state that was supposed to protect him. This should be a national scandal on the level of Baby Peter Connolly. Still, no doubt ”lessons will be learned” <eye roll>
It seems SC has been believed in saying he didn’t know what was going on until his wife changed her plea to guilty of manslaughter on the first day of the trial. The jury heard all the evidence but it’s a surprising verdict to me too, SC was also meant to be a parent after all.

They had quite clear text messages between the two of them. If I read that someone had “absolutely leathered” a baby, it would be clear to me that the baby had been violently assaulted and I’d be pretty horrified. I can’t imagine not immediately turning my spouse / partner into the authorities for that, at very least I would insist that social services take the child back and I’d dump this awful person sharpish, but honestly I think I’d call the police on her myself. However this is a couple who are so stupid and cruel that they wanted a baby but don’t seem to know anything about what babies actually do. The way in one of those videos the woman just doesn’t pick Leiland-James up and show him some love… an evil cow to be honest. What a very sad day when these two were approved as potential adopters.

If I read that someone had “absolutely leathered” a baby, it would be clear to me that the baby had been violently assaulted and I’d be pretty horrified.
Exactly. As far as I‘m aware, it’s a NE expression - my southern DH had never heard it before, but even he knew damn well what it meant :(.

Exactly. As far as I‘m aware, it’s a NE expression - my southern DH had never heard it before, but even he knew damn well what it meant :(.

I’ve heard it in NW England too and I agree in any case that SC will have 100% understood the meaning — and indeed what else could it mean?!

Poor Leiland-James looks so unhappy with those people. Respect in peace, poor mite.

You can also see from the videos how overweight the baby is. Absent a medical condition that I don’t think we have heard anything about like Prader-Willi for example, L-J’s size at that age can only have been his foster parents’ fault IMO

Does he appear on video somewhere? I only see a video that shows her at the end and a still photo of him?

They were horrifically abusive foster "parents," and I will judge them for their abusive words and treatment of Leiland.
But I do want to speak up and say that overweight babies and children can have a genetic tendency or various underlying medical reasons.

Does he appear on video somewhere? I only see a video that shows her at the end and a still photo of him?

They were horrifically abusive foster "parents," and I will judge them for their abusive words and treatment of Leiland.
But I do want to speak up and say that overweight babies and children can have a genetic tendency or various underlying medical reasons.

The video I saw is about halfway down this page and while it doesn’t show L-J being attacked or anything, I feel there’s something callous about how the foster mother was acting: Harrowing footage shows killer foster mother 'shushing' baby

I take your point about medical reasons but I believe neglect and/or abuse was the primary issue here.

This is true. I do also think SC calling the baby “fat” was all part of bullying him.
Which is shocking or surprising when you look at the video of her. Hypocritical much.
I didn’t realise she’d been a care worker too. Makes you wonder how she treated the service users she “cared” for.
I’ve said it before on a different thread but care work is one of the easiest to get into. There are few, if any, qualification requirements. Staff shortages mean that employers are always in need to staff. Not all carers care. For some it is a pay check and nothing more.

Which is shocking or surprising when you look at the video of her. Hypocritical much.

I’ve already made the point in this thread but I’ll say it again, yes indeed, given images we saw today, in which she’s more significantly overweight than previous social media pictures, it’s really quite something she felt able to say that about Leiland-James. Something tells me she will be one of those who “dishes it out but can’t take it.”

I’ve said it before on a different thread but care work is one of the easiest to get into. There are few, if any, qualification requirements. Staff shortages mean that employers are always in need to staff. Not all carers care. For some it is a pay check and nothing more.

I’ve already made the point in this thread but I’ll say it again, yes indeed, given the images we saw today, in which she’s more significantly overweight than previous social media pictures, it’s really quite something SC felt able to say what she did about Leiland-James’s weight. Mind-boggling actually. I don’t think it’s that she doesn’t like herself very much, projecting internalised negativity etc etc — more that she will be one of those who “dishes it out but can’t take it.”

Depressing reality about some carers, yes also.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loveland
Back