Deceased/Not Found UK - Lisa Dorrian, 25, Bangor Northern Ireland, 28 Feb 2005

BREAKING: A police search is underway in Co. Down for murdered Bangor woman Lisa Dorrian. It's taking place near a caravan park from where she vanished 14 years ago. Specially trained officers arrived at an abandoned airfield near Ballywalter on the Ards peninsula this morning.

854D8090-A992-4463-B24A-20F1E73DD5AC.jpeg

Q Radio News on Twitter

I think this was the first missing persons case I took a real interest in, this was long before I joined websleuths. Poor Lisa it's pretty obvious what likely happened to her. I hope her family get closure some day soon.

Chris Sherrard‏Verified account @cdsherrard

Today's Daily Mirror NI leads with hope that Lisa Dorrian's family are a step closer to getting her back plus #Jagger, #sleeptips and a bumper @MatchOnTuesday #valueformoney

D3INatwXcAATXp-.jpg

Chris Sherrard on Twitter

Fresh hope for Dorrian family as major search begins close to where Lisa disappeared in 2005

2019-04-02_new_49224286_I1.JPG

"The purpose of the search operation is two-fold: firstly, I want to recover Lisa's body and allow the Dorrian family to finally put Lisa to rest.

"And, secondly, I am looking for evidence relating to her disappearance."

The senior officer described the relationship between police and Lisa's family as very positive and confirmed that they were notified in advance of the planned search and have been updated on the current position of the investigation.

Police believe Lisa was secretly buried by two men known to each other, only one of whom was known to Lisa.

Earlier this year DS Murphy revealed that he believes the killer and his accomplice share a close "bond" which is why they have not given each other up.

Extensive air, water and land searches around Ballyhalbert, including the use of underwater search teams, failed to yield results in 2005.

Lisa's father John and sisters Joanne and Michelle have always vowed to never give up looking for her and renewed their resolve following the death of her mum Patricia, in 2015. "We are confident in the investigation and its ability to find Lisa," they previously said.

"The people responsible for hiding my sister's body should know that we will never give up on Lisa, she is too precious.

"We will campaign until the day she is found and can be laid to rest with our mum."

Last night the Dorrian family said they had no comment to make at this time.

Belfast Telegraph

Fresh hope for Dorrian family as major search begins close to where Lisa disappeared in 2005 - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Just stumbled across this thread when nosing through the page , very strange really as I was thinking about this case last week - I’d seen on the news human remains had been found in portavogie harbour and it had made me think could it of been those of the girl that went missing

Just watched it , heartbreaking can’t even imagine what her family has gone through -somebody knows something .: just wish the family could have closure .
Is it ballyhalbert they are searching again ?

Just watched it , heartbreaking can’t even imagine what her family has gone through -somebody knows something .: just wish the family could have closure .
Is it ballyhalbert they are searching again ?

Yes Ballyhalbert, caravan park where she was last seen alive and a disused airfield

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Never Seen Again
Back