UK- London Nine injured in suspected acid attack, children among injured 01/31/24

Posted at 17:24

How to help the victim of a chemical attack​

The NHS has guidance on how to help anyone suffering with burns caused by acid, alkaline or caustic chemicals - it goes as follows:
  • After calling 999 urgently, your first move should be to wash the burnt area with lots of water
  • Rinse the affected area continuously, making sure the water can run off the wound rather than pool on the skin
  • It’s important not to wipe the skin as this can embed the contaminant into the pores - if the chemical is a dry powder, gently brush it off
  • You should then try to remove as much contaminated clothing as you can - using something like gloves to protect your hands. If possible, you should avoid pulling clothing over the head, as this can transfer the substance
  • Stay on the phone until the ambulance arrives and follow any other advice given by the 999 call handler to avoid further injury
Read more about this on the NHS website here.

Posted at 17:24

How to help the victim of a chemical attack​

The NHS has guidance on how to help anyone suffering with burns caused by acid, alkaline or caustic chemicals - it goes as follows:
  • After calling 999 urgently, your first move should be to wash the burnt area with lots of water
  • Rinse the affected area continuously, making sure the water can run off the wound rather than pool on the skin
  • It’s important not to wipe the skin as this can embed the contaminant into the pores - if the chemical is a dry powder, gently brush it off
  • You should then try to remove as much contaminated clothing as you can - using something like gloves to protect your hands. If possible, you should avoid pulling clothing over the head, as this can transfer the substance
  • Stay on the phone until the ambulance arrives and follow any other advice given by the 999 call handler to avoid further injury
Read more about this on the NHS website here.

So sad that we need to know this! But glad of the info incase I could ever assist anyone

Posted at 18:06

Police release new image of Abdul Shokoor Ezedi

1706812987613.jpeg

Metropolitan PoliceCopyright: Metropolitan Police
New image released of Abdul Shokoor Ezedi

The Metropolitan Police have released an image of Abdul Shokoor Ezedi.

The image shows an injury on Ezedi's face, which the police say "makes him distinctive".

They add that it was taken on 31 January in a Tesco store on Caledonian Road, north London, where Ezedi is believed to have purchased a bottle of water.

Abdul Shokoor Ezedi

Abdul Shokoor Ezedi Photograph: Metropolitan Police/Communication & Engagement

Last edited:

Police have today shared a new photo of the suspected chemical attacker who left a 'vulnerable' young mother and her three-year-old daughter with 'life-changing injuries' after dousing them with an alkaline substance in Clapham last night.

The Met Police said that the image of Abdul Shokoor Ezedi was taken at 20:48pm on January 31 at a Tesco on Caledonian Road, understood to be the branch by King's Cross Station.

'We are now releasing an image of the last known sighting of Abdul Shokoor Ezedi, which was on Caledonian Road, N1 at 20:48hrs on January 31.'

'The image is taken from the Tesco store, where Ezedi is believed to have purchased a bottle of water. He left the shop and turned right.

'The image shows Ezedi with what appears to be significant injuries to the right side of his face. This makes him distinctive.'

Ezedi, seen in the latest image with a severe injury to his right eye, was revealed to be a convicted sex offender.

Police have today shared a new photo of the suspected chemical attacker who left a 'vulnerable' young mother and her three-year-old daughter with 'life-changing injuries' after dousing them with an alkaline substance in Clapham last night.

Ezedi, seen in the latest image with a severe injury to his right eye, was revealed to be a convicted sex offender.

A disgusting, evil individual. I hope he's caught up with soon! He cannot be allowed to attack anyone else, in any way. MOO
Utterly appalling.

This poor young woman and her children, it's heartbreaking.

There's always something else, isn't there? Blimey. MOO but I am hoping this is not relevant to how the accused is known to the victims.
It will be interesting to see the connection. She was in London living in an asylum hotel and he had been living in Newcastle for quite a few years. (From the mail article I posted above)

Abdul Shokoor Ezedi has not been seen at his address in Newcastle for around six months, neighbours told MailOnline.

He was last known to be living in a shared terraced house in Dilston Road in the Arthur's Hill area of the city.

Neighbours said the house had a high turnover of tenants and few remembered him.

However Mohammad Hussain Nazary, 24, who works in his family's food shop said he recalled Ezedi living in the area but assumed he was a single man.

He said: 'I'd see him around the area and he'd come in from time to time.

'He's an Afghan and I assumed he was single because I never saw him with a partner or family, he was always on his own.

'He seemed like an ordinary harmless guy, certainly not someone you'd associate with something like this.

'He was around quite a lot but I haven't seen him in maybe six or seven months.'

A neighbour said: 'There are a lot of long term residents in the street but also a couple of houses where tenants come and go all the time and that house is one of them. There are new people moving in very regularly , you can't keep track of who is living there.'

MailOnline can today reveal that Ezedi has more recently living in the Byker area of Newcastle in a hostel on the city's Wilfred Street.

It is run by Tyne Housing Association which aims to find homes for people who are classed as homeless or vulnerable.

A resident said: 'You'd see him walking around during the day, usually on his own and I don't recall ever seeing him with a wife or partner.'

Garage worker Michael Vinks, 37, works opposite the hostel.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back