GUILTY UK - Louise Smith, 16, Havant, Hampshire, 8 May 2020 *Arrest*

A MAN has today been arrested on suspicion of the murder of 16-year-old Louise Smith whose body was found in woodland.

Shane Mays, 29, is being quizzed by cops after the teen's body was found 14 days after she vanished from her home in Havant, Hants, on May 8.

Hampshire Constabulary confirmed last week they were treating her death as a homicide and today confirmed they had made an arrest.

Mr Mays, who had previously been detained on suspicion of kidnap, has been re-arrested on suspicion of murder.

His wife, 29-year-old Cjay - who had also previously been arrested for kidnap - has been re-arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.

A Hampshire police spokesman said both suspects were in custody.

It is understood Louise had been staying with the couple at their flat in Havant for a week before her disappearance after she had fallen out with her mum.

Man, 29, arrested on suspicion of the murder of 16-year-old Louise Smith whose body was found in woodland

reminds me of the Rebecca Reusch case, but they haven't found her body and almost zero evidence so they had to let her brother-in-law go, the circumstantial evidence was not enough.
I'm still kind of baffled by this case, my brain won't settle on it until I hear the evidence. It's strange when some cases you just "get a feeling" whether someones innocent or not and I'm having a hard time believing that her cousin and her husband are guilty.. just waiting for those tidbits to come through (sorry if I've missed something) is there a media thread for this case?

I'm still kind of baffled by this case, my brain won't settle on it until I hear the evidence. It's strange when some cases you just "get a feeling" whether someones innocent or not and I'm having a hard time believing that her cousin and her husband are guilty.. just waiting for those tidbits to come through (sorry if I've missed something) is there a media thread for this case?

The scene of crime unit has been at the flat all week removing items, so I'd guess they have enough evidence MOO

No I believe the carparks have been open throughout lockdown, but I’m only going on what I remember on Wednesday last week when I drove past! I’m sure you can enter on foot in quite a few places via Leigh Park Gardens but it’s been a while since I’ve been up there, a friend hung himself up there a few years back and the place just creeps me out! @magicslipper do you know how many entrances there are on foot and road?!
Evening :) Lots happened today , didn't expect the arrests !!
You can enter the thicket through Leigh Park Gardens,main entrance is on Middle Park Way or via the cow field in Winterslow Drive or along Swanmore Road in several places all on foot.
A lot of people ride trials bikes around it , during the summer the residents are plagued with kids on scramblers.

Is there any more info on Louise's boyfriend who was suppose to be coming to stay with her at her mum's?

Earlier on in the thread someone mentioned an online boyfriend, could it be possible this boyfriend is the red van driver?
Maybe CJ wouldn't let him visit at the flat?
Maybe he is alot older than Louise if he is an online "boyfriend"?
I have not heard anything or seen anything about a boyfriend at all not even a name .
I would have thought if there was one he would be doing appeals, in fact come to think of it, nobody did an appeal at all :(

No surprise whatsoever.
Once again a couple of idiots think they can pull off the ‘report them missing, worried friend’ act and must genuinely believe they can out think and out manoeuvre intelligent trained officers.
Groundhog Day.
Rest easy Louise, and some justice at the absolute least for RJC we hope

Read this on a memorial page for Louise - comments from teachers - there were several more. They give a real feel for the sort of girl Louise was (they are talking to her dad who is on there)

You should be so proud of louise, she was the most polite loving kind sweetheart of a girl, I had the pleasure of teaching Louise at Frontlawn who always wanted to please everyone and seeing her out and about she would always go out of her way to saying hello and chat, sending lots of love to you and your family xxxx

I have to agree with everything you have just said Davina. A pupil that we will never forget.

I too worked alongside Davina and Chris and Louise was a beautiful , polite , sweet girl.
Louise was in my choir for four years and was so gentle and sweet when she sang. I’ll never forget her solo for her audition for the ACE talent show. She sang Rule the world. For two years of her time in the choir she came back every Monday night from Havant academy to help me take the register and helping the younger members. She always brought friends with her . Her shoulders back and her little head held high with pride . Louise loved to sing.
We’re all so broken .
God bless sweetheart. You’ll always have a big part in our hearts . *advertiser censored*

I am still not convinced there were any valid sightings of Louise after Thursday evening (7th). The neighbour of Stuart Hazell 'saw' Tia Sharp setting off on her shopping trip even though the poor child was already dead and dumped in the attic. People can misremember even when they are trying to help.

My theory is that either something had been going on or an inappropriate advance had been made and one or both of the arrested couple panicked that she would tell the boyfriend when he visited.

No surprise whatsoever.
Once again a couple of idiots think they can pull off the ‘report them missing, worried friend’ act and must genuinely believe they can out think and out manoeuvre intelligent trained officers.
Groundhog Day.
Rest easy Louise, and some justice at the absolute least for RJC we hope

I’m still waiting for a statement to say other people have been arrested, I completely agree with what you’re saying, those that shout the loudest and all that! However something is just niggling away at me about the whole thing and I can’t shake it!

I do find it very odd noone can say what she was wearing on the 8th. Did she text anyone (friends/family) on the 8th? There would be proof on their phones. Although I guess someone else could be texting pretending to be her. No personal public press appeals televised to find a missing relative (apart from on FB). Strong denial on FB that the body found 2 weeks later saying there's NO EVIDENCE that it could be poor Louise. Which is factually true but the emphasis on no evidence, implying no proof/prosecution at a future date. If Louise's body was burnt then the person/s motive in doing so WOULD be to make ID impossible and destroy evidence. All these things (and more) points to some sort of coverup by some of the family. I guess that's why the police's two arrests for kidnap then murder are prefixed by 'on suspicion of' ? Thoughts please

I do find it very odd noone can say what she was wearing on the 8th. Did she text anyone (friends/family) on the 8th? There would be proof on their phones. Although I guess someone else could be texting pretending to be her. No personal public press appeals televised to find a missing relative (apart from on FB). Strong denial on FB that the body found 2 weeks later saying there's NO EVIDENCE that it could be poor Louise. Which is factually true but the emphasis on no evidence, implying no proof/prosecution at a future date. If Louise's body was burnt then the person/s motive in doing so WOULD be to make ID impossible and destroy evidence. All these things (and more) points to some sort of coverup by some of the family. I guess that's why the police's two arrests for kidnap then murder are prefixed by 'on suspicion of' ? Thoughts please

Scorp IMO I don’t think she had been seen on the 8th! I think Cjay and Shane posted on FB to make it look like she had disappeared that day! The phone ping in Emsworth skate park (which the police said about) did one of them take her phone there to make it look like she was there? Where is her phone? Do the police have it? I know there is hearsay regarding it but it’s only that, hearsay! Would they be stupid enough to keep her phone? As Pimlipo said, were they deluded enough to think they could outsmart trained officers? I honestly believe the reason for no public appeal/telling mum she couldn’t go to two particular spots to search/telling mum and family that NO posters could be put up or shared it all suggests the police knew exactly what they were looking for and where they were looking! Did the forensic search give it a way? Did it give them all the clues and they pieced it together and worked out exactly what had happened? BUT the biggest thing bugging me and someone else mentioned it, how did she get to the thicket? Was she alive at that point? And I agree Scorp it certainly does feel as if there is a cover up of sorts by family.

Also odd is apart from Police asking public did they see her etc. Usually a description of what a missing person has on them like phone, and what make of phone, clothes, type of bag/purse, glasses if they were worn etc. No detail, apart from photographs of Louise etc.
I believe the police were told Louise had only gone out for a short while to get some things (food, or other items), so presumably she took a bag, handbag/purse .
So can we assume that as these have not been mentioned that Police have them already implying she didn't go out on the 8th as they were found 'at home'/indoors somewhere?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73
Back