UK - Michael Wheatley, 'The Skullcracker', goes on the run in London

Unbelievable. It's been revealed prison and probation staff questioned whether Wheatley should be allowed day release to go into town, because the guy had a whole history of absconding.

He committed 9 robberies one time he absconded, and several on a second occasion. Only last December he was put back into a closed prison because of concerns aout his behaviour both inside and outside the open prison. And someone had even written on his file 'Do you really want to do this?' where this latest day release was being discussed.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...abscond-warning-prison-staff-michael-wheatley

There is another person involved, but their case won't be tried until June or July, I think. I'll have to find the link. Hopefully they won't be dumb enough to continue on the path skullcracker's followed. He's really not much of a guiding light, unless you fancy spending your life behind bars......

What really annoys me about this person.......he has messed things up for other criminals who really would benefit from day release, open conditions and a gradual reintroduction into society.

It's really not a good idea for people to be released from a closed prison environment, straight onto the street, to fend for themselves. Numbskull would be a better nickname, I think.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back