GUILTY UK - Mikaeel Kular, 3, Edinburgh, Scotland, 15 Jan 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 of my kids have asthma, so in winter they get alot of colds/chest infections, it makes them lethargic to the point they just lie in bed or on the couch and sleep, the deffinitely don't eat anything when they are like this...i struggle to get fluids in to them.

I find it very hard to believe, that if Mikaael was so sick he was not at nursery since December, that he would be out eating pizza and drinking hot chocolate Moo

Forensics officers walked in the garden and the wooded area where they appeared to investigate an unidentified blue van, which was parked on the cordoned-off track and flanked by police vehicles.

Daily Mail

Social workers under fire for losing track of tragic Mikaeel: Mother of dead boy, three, to appear in court today as friends turn home into a shrine with toys and flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-searching-missing-toddler-Mikaeel-Kular.html

My feeling here is that most families with x amount of children under a certain age, especially being cared for by a single parent, are 'known' to social services. I think the DM are trying to rouse up the idea that RK was known to be abusive to children when actually there is no evidence of that whatsoever. Plenty of families are 'known' to social services for many reasons, most innocent.

The majority of the story though is anecdotes from those that knew/knew of the Kulars and has further made me feel this was an accident. I really hope for those people's sake that it doesn't turn out to be the opposite.

Mikaeel Kular's Mother Due In Edinburgh Court

http://news.sky.com/story/1197702/mikaeel-kulars-mother-due-in-edinburgh-court

No word as to what time. I will see what I can find on Twitter.

Sky News on TV this morning said they can't give a time because the court just takes them when they can fit them into the list of people waiting to be heard. Also they said there will be no press or public at the hearing and they will only be able to tell us what is recorded as the charges after the hearing.

martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt 40m
#missing Mikaeel's mum Rosdeep 'Rosie' Kular to appear at Edinburgh sheriff's court where her charge should be revealed.

It is worth noting that you are forced by Instagram to crop your picture to a square. So quite often the ends of the picture do have to be cropped out. If someone could send me a link to the original image, I can see what is cropped out when you try to load it to Instagram.

I imagine she wanted to be in the pic herself, so poor Mikaeel had to go. You are right, Instrgram does force you to crop the photo to a square.

I imagine she wanted to be in the pic herself, so poor Mikaeel had to go. You are right, Instrgram does force you to crop the photo to a square.

It's pretty obvious to me that the focus of the photo and the whole reason for the photo being taken was the rabbit. It would have been pointless to crop the photo from the other end!

James Matthews ‏@jamesmatthewsky · 3m
Rosdeep Kular court appearance due at 2pm. Should get details of charge, which is "in connection" with death of son, #MikaeelKular

Folks please don't post up the instagram photos...especially those that contain Mikaeel's siblings. They are minors.

Also, if you're going to post a photo from a media report you'll need to include the relevant link in your post.

While some illnesses manifest with fever, she said a "cold" and then "lung infection". Respiratory illnesses, especially colds in young children manifest with runny nose, watery eyes and a certain look on the face.

Snipped by me, but I have one kid who looks ill for weeks after even a minor cold, and one kid who has to run an incredibly high fever before even beginning to look sick. He also rarely has a runny nose with his colds, just a chesty cough. Neither kid runs a fever unless they are incredibly ill, seems to be once every couple of years for about 12 hours. Good for them, but a pain for having a "valid" reason to miss school. I think Mikaeel likely was sick and off for a week or so (school only went back on the 7th, and they haven't said how long he was ill during the break) with a perfectly boring illness, and after having the kids all home and likely squabbling over Christmas holiday it pushed RK to the end of her rope. She snapped, Mikaeel dies, she covers it up.

It will be interesting to see whether or not she had the chest infection diagnosed, but not necessarily indicative of anything by itself. My general guidelines for taking the kids in for a nasty cough is (1) if it lasts more than two weeks, (2) if there is wheezing, or (3) my mommy sense says there's something off. MY GP said those are good guidelines, because most respiratory illnesses are viral and there's nothing to do but wait for it to run it's course. Even going out for dinner doesn't surprise me, because my own kids tend to go from ill to perky to ill again in the blink of an eye with that sort of illness- just before Christmas both kids were exhausted and too lethargic for school, slept for another hour, and woke up feeling peachy keen. I took the little monsters to school late that day, because I can only listen to so much arguing over who touched whose Lego. :facepalm: That was in the middle of the Three Weeks of Plague, when one or both of the school-aged kids were sick every day, and a lot of school was missed. Running around nursery always made them feel worse while they were on the mend (exercise led to coughing), so I'd keep them out until they recovered; I can't really do that now they are in school, and their recovery time is a lot longer because of it.

As an aside, was the rumoured visit (reported by a neighbour, I believe) from the police on Sunday (when the older kids' father went to see them and found RK out) ever confirmed? I wonder if Mikaeel was seen then? Child Services likely would have gotten involved after an incident like that as well, so it might have played a role in RK's state of mind.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...face-court-over-death-of-her-son-9071229.html

What is implied by the following? Body or remains? To me there is a difference

Officers found remains, subsequently identified as those of Mikaeel, in Kirkcaldy shortly before midnight on Friday.
The body was later removed from a wooded area behind a property in Dunvegan Avenue

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I'm assuming body, and remains was used to avoid repetition since the sentences were right after one another. That said, I highly doubt the journalists have any details about the state of Mikaeel's body at this point in time.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...face-court-over-death-of-her-son-9071229.html

Officers found remains, subsequently identified as those of Mikaeel, in Kirkcaldy shortly before midnight on Friday.
The body was later removed from a wooded area behind a property in Dunvegan Avenue

A skeleton is described as remains, or body in more than one piece. But a whole body can be described like that too just not as frequently as the former artefacts mentioned.

IMO

I have read several reports now - some have talked of the body being removed others have mentioned remains.
The first time I saw the word 'remains' it made me think that Mikaeel had been there for a while, but I have now come to the conclusion that it is simply reporters using a variety of words.
I suppose technically they are right, it is the remains of a person, but the word always has a different connotation to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back