GUILTY UK - Mikaeel Kular, 3, Edinburgh, Scotland, 15 Jan 2014 - #3

Look up David McGreavy, he also has a thread here on WS.
45 years ago, he slaughtered three young children and impaled their bodies on an iron fence.
He was convicted to various life sentences, and for some unbelievable reason, he is now eligible for parole. The mother, who is still fighting to survive this horrible loss, fears for her life, but that is of little consideration to the members of the board.

But still. At least he was behind bars for 45 years.

What happened since 1973 that evaporated prison sentences for murderes and child murders alike? Why has the value of a life lost gone down so much, and that of a murderer's life gone up (and climbing)?

Mikaeel, I am so sorry. The parole board agrees with the mother who killed you: your life had amazingly little value.

I hope there is someone who can stop this.

Just 7 years this week, since Mikaeel had his life stolen at the hands of his mother.

She was sentenced to 11 years for 'culpable homicide', out shopping and going to the local library to study after just 4 years and early in 2021 she is expected to be released.

I am not a pitchfork waver or someone who believes that rehabilitation isn't possible etc but, this just doesn't seem like justice for Mikaeel.

I am OK with this kind of sentence for this case - constant inflation doesn't do anything except fill up jails.

This was the first case that I followed properly on here. His little face. How could a mummy do what she did...

Well unfortunately most dead kids go out this way ...

Easier to believe in scary abductors and monsters than dangers closer to home.

Did the father ever get custody of the twin girl?

I don’t know. I had a google and I think she went to her aunt initially (Rosdeeps sister) but her bio dad was trying to get custody. .. .... also her bio dad’s father , who had never met Mikaeel but says his son was not suitable to take custody. So who knows!

She’ll be 10 now. Hope wherever she is she’s safe and loved.

This bit really upsets me. Horrible woman.

Police found that Adekoya had carried out internet searches before the killing, including “I find it hard to love my son”, “I love all of my children except one”, “Get rid of bruises” and “Why am I so aggressive with my son?”.

I agree it's tragic, but i feel like these female domestic cases fall into a different category to other sorts of murder, or even your classic male domestic abusers

It's unlikely the mother poses any ongoing threat so in the overall scheme of things, serving 7 out of 11 feels about right

Of course compared to what she did, that can be hard to understand.

I agree it's tragic, but i feel like these female domestic cases fall into a different category to other sorts of murder, or even your classic male domestic abusers

It's unlikely the mother poses any ongoing threat so in the overall scheme of things, serving 7 out of 11 feels about right

Of course compared to what she did, that can be hard to understand.

I agree (sadly) it's difficult to separate emotion and not want her punished more ... she does seem to have had a particularly easy ride - she's been allowed out of the jail to go shopping and visit the library for at least a year or two ...

This was one if not the case that brought me to Websleuths. From Memory, she was a pretty neglectful mother to all the children but after the twins -Mikaeel & his sister) were returned to her by social services she found it especially difficult to bond with Mikaeel.

I have a very vague recollection that he may have had some behavioural or developmental issues which in my opinion, could well have been caused by having such a distrupted start in his painfully short life and Adekoya claimed he was a 'difficult' child.

This journalist needs a kick up the arse! * He has a name or at the very least a. Pronoun, he's not an 'it' even in death.

Yes it may be grammatically 'correct but it's disrespectful.

"After discovering his lifeless body on the floor of their Edinburgh home, she put *it* in a suitcase and drove around 25 miles to Kirkcaldy, Fife, to hide *it* in woodland behind her sister’s house"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back