UK - Nicholas Billingham, 42, body found buried in garden, Northampton, Mar 2022 *arrest*

I’m not surprised she was diagnosed with depression and PTSD - she knew she was facing a very long stretch in prison.
The gig was up.

Why are people stuck in such dysfunctional, toxic relationships?
IMO any "on and off" relationships are travesty.
Why to start again if the first time was hellish?
Better part ways and seek happiness with someone else.
They surely were not meant for each other.
Senseless tragedy.
JMO

Why are people stuck in such dysfunctional, toxic relationships?
IMO any "on and off" relationships are travesty.
Why to start again if the first time was hellish?
Better part ways and seek happiness with someone else.
They surely were not meant for each other.
Senseless tragedy.
JMO
I've not been in one but I'm guessing it is not as easy as just walking away, else all these toxic relationships would just not exist.

I've not been in one but I'm guessing it is not as easy as just walking away, else all these toxic relationships would just not exist.

Everything is easy if there is will to change.
Life is too short to live in torment.
Not to mention the fate of children in such relationships.
What role models have they got?
Women are no more totally dependent on men in today's world.
There are organisations helping victims of abuse.
One has to help oneself.
And fight.
And ask for help.

JMO

I’m not surprised she was diagnosed with depression and PTSD - she knew she was facing a very long stretch in prison.
The gig was up.
If you read what the expert witness clinical psychologist observed and professionals really do know better than us @ www.northamptonchron.co.uk
you will see that she had a long history of low mood and depression and reasons why.

Is there actually any evidence that she was abused?
Can you link to this please?
Apart from her saying so, I could not find any evidence to back this up?
Well, there is evidence that he had a child with another woman during their relationship. It was reported that he lied to both women, so there is that.

One has to help oneself.
And fight.
And ask for help.

JMO
These type of relationships don't start off as toxic. Or, at least, they don't appear that way to the one being abused.

This is partly because people with abusive personality types are adept at targeting those who are vulnerable through low self esteem or, perhaps because they themselves grew up in an abusive family so know no different.

The abusive, dominant , one then slowly chips away at the other's sense of self worth: they're stupid, unattractive, fat, lazy etc. No-one else would ever love them... until the weaker partner doesn't believe they can survive on their own.

They may still continue to see family and friends but there will be a pay-off to be made. Accusations of infidelity (while the abuser is themselves cheating), going through phones, destruction of private property and so on. There is also often financial abuse ... taking all the weaker partner's money and using it for gambling or drink or drugs. Its much harder to leave someone if you have no money.

I say none of this in defence of FB per se ... I just wanted to offer a little insight into how people get sucked into toxic relationships and why they stay, even though it seems incomprehensible (and immensely frustrating) to outsiders.

Disclaimer, in the interests of transparency: I have a close female relative who was in an abusive relationship for 12 years. She managed to separate 4 times and then get sucked back in. The 5th time was the charm - the average for abused women is 8.

"Moment killer teacher Fiona Beal dances in front of pupils months before she stabbed 'cheating' partner to death and buried his mummified body."

Last edited:
One has to help oneself.
And fight.
And ask for help.

JMO
Sorry - that absolutely does not work. The more someone belittles everything about you, the more they tell you that you are worthless, the more they isolate you, the more they *destroy* you - the more you believe it.
There is also something called 'Trauma bonding'.

Honestly, I was in the position of counselling and supporting victims of domestic abuse, but couldn't sort my own car crash out .....

She had a Christmas drink with his mum while he was buried outside in the garden. That's really really cold.
He might have been horrible but what she did is not excusable.

Did she really think she would get away with it?
With a corpse buried in HER back garden??? :oops:
Words fail me.
IMO she "lost contact with reality".

Did she really think she would get away with it?
With a corpse buried in HER back garden??? :oops:
Words fail me.
IMO she "lost contact with reality".
Barely even buried at that - more just covered over with compost - and in a tiny terraced row with the neighbours' back door only a few feet and flimsy wooden fence away :oops:

Without igniting WWIII I can see both sides of this conversation.
IF they had a child together yes it does make things more traumatic if you are splitting up but it’s certainly preferable for the child to have mum and dad separated but still ALIVE.
At the moment her mother is in prison awaiting a very long sentence and her father is dead.
Again if he was controlling and belittling then that must of been incredibly difficult if he’s chipping away at her self esteem and if the reports are correct he has left her once and fathered a child with someone else, she’s clearly had enough.
However she had a job and a house and no doubt friends.
She chose to kill him in cold blood and bury his body in the garden.
I have no sympathy I am afraid.
JMO

I think FB 'cracked up' after committing the murder; she must have realised that she would not avoid detection for long, especially with her method of hiding the body and the prospect of questions 'Where is Nick?' being asked. Expert witnesses said that she was suffering PTSD but thought this may have been a result of murdering her long term partner.
Regarding earlier comments about NB's behaviour, It seems that he was irresponsible over money and an unfaithful partner but their was no hard evidence that he 'gaslighted' her, in the abandoned trial FB's family gave weak evidence that was negated in cross examination. There were rumours of the couple having a child together, does anyone know if this was true?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back