Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
rbbm
''Officers previously said the woman, who was captured on CCTV at about 08:50 on Allotment Lane, close to where Ms Bulley was last seen, might have information to help the investigation.
A major search involving police divers, drones, helicopter and sniffer dogs has been continuing, but no trace has been found.''
Presentational grey line
Timeline of events
  • 08:43 - Ms Bulley walked along the path by the River Wyre, having dropped her children off at school
  • 08:50 - A dog-walker who knows Ms Bulley saw her walking along the lower field. Their two dogs interacted briefly
  • 08:53 - Ms Bulley sent an email to her boss
  • 09:01 - She logged into a Teams call
  • About 09:10 - A witness who knows Ms Bulley saw her on the upper field walking her dog, Willow
  • 09:30 - The Teams call ended but she stayed logged on
  • About 09:35 - Ms Bulley's mobile phone and dog Willow were found at a bench by the river
Presentational grey line

Speaking to Sky News, Ms Bulley's sister Louise Cunningham, said it felt like they were "just stuck in a nightmare".
"We're going round and round in circles trying to piece together what could have possibly happened," she said.
"It's like she's just vanished into thin air.''

''Another woman in the area told the BBC she had seen the dog moments after it was found.
She recognised the spaniel and knew who it belonged to, adding that it was "bone dry" and showed no signs of having been in the river that morning.''

This gets even more contradictory… it claims the dog was ‘dragging the lead’

The police update didn’t state finding the lead at the bench.

Oh I have a headache.

I’m going round and round with this…

- Too small window for abduction/attack - around 20 minutes - and how on earth would someone get her away without being seen unless to a nearby dwelling or car.

- Why didn’t Willow follow her into the water, why hasn’t she been found.

- Highly unlikely it was a willing disappearance from what we’ve been told.

- Could a small boat of some kind be involved? Lured her down? Far fetched but nothing is making sense so who knows?

JMO
Maybe I need to take a step back!

This case feels too close to home for me, as I am similar age, height, build to NB and also walk my spaniel daily along our local river path, albeit in a different part of the uk.

My thoughts/questions: (All MOO)

1. Did she do the same route each time or did she vary it depending on what she had on later that day? I have a short/medium/long route. What were her plans for later, was she supposed to be working or was it her day off and she was logging into the meeting to keep abreast of things? I don’t work on a Monday but often listen in on work meetings to show willing, often on mute with camera off while going about my day. Sometimes the meeting will finish and I forget to leave if I’m distracted by something else at the time. Was she even supposed to be going as far as the river or just doing a few laps of the field to get home and start work? Did she go near the river at all? Did she usually listen via headphones? Where are they now? Did the witness she spoke to confirm she was on a call/meeting? I presume the witnesse confirmed 100% it was her? I wondered if she wasn’t wearing a hat(like normal) if she only planned to be out for 10 mins or so? This time of year I would never do a long walk hat-free. How long would it take to walk to the bench from the field?

2. Is there any chance she could have been picked up by a car for some reason on her route? Either planned or not?

3. Dogs tend not to like jump in off steep banks that they know they can get out easily from. The dog would know the route well and it’s unusual to stop and let them swim in a tricky / steep area. I find it pretty unlikely that she just fell in the river, unless trying to retrieve a dog who couldn’t get out. (Or possibly trying to retrieve a ball) But I’d be surprised if the dog went in in the first place, especially as reported to be dry. My spaniel is often wet on walks as she dives in wet bushes and long grass though, not from swimming.

4. Did she have a smart watch which could provide valuable heart rate data etc or show last known location?

5. If I feel uncomfortable on a walk, eg if I meet an unaccompanied male in a secluded place, I will automatically get my phone out and either phone my husband or pretend to. I sometimes take a picture of the man if I’m very uncomfortable and delete it later.

6. My spaniel will run miles on a familiar walk but is always aware of where I am and would never run off.

7. I find it a bit odd that the lady who found the dog loose tied it to the bench but didn’t apparently see the phone?

8. Is it normal for the police to just presume there is no 3rd party involved just because there is an absence of any evidence to support this, when there is solid evidence of a woman going missing for no apparent reason? It seems odd not to cover all possible bases?

9. I can’t shake the feeling that the phone was planted/ placed on the bench by someone else and can’t think of many reasons why she’d leave it on the bench intentionally, especially still logged into the meeting? I suppose if her partner came to the area he may have known the code to unlock it.
Glad to see I'm not the only fake phone maker on dog walks but haven't resorted to taking a sneaky pic yet !

Presentational grey line
Timeline of events
  • About 09:10 - A witness who knows Ms Bulley saw her on the upper field walking her dog, Willow
  • 09:30 - The Teams call ended but she stayed logged on
I’m going round and round with this…

- Too small window for abduction/attack - around 20 minutes - and how on earth would someone get her away without being seen unless to a nearby dwelling or car.
Well, quite. Last seen safe at 9.10 and whatever happened did so before the call ended and everyone dropped off, so a maximum of 20 minutes.

Does anyone know the accuracy of triangulating a mobile phone's position? Is it feasible to establish where the handset was throughout those 20 minutes?

You'd be looking at every nearby building or interior space. She cannot have been moved far in the time.

I can’t help wondering whether she had arranged to meet someone on this walk .. related to the zoom meeting regarding the mortgage. Maybe she required documents that needed to be handed over.
She was ‘upbeat’ after the meeting…

I suppose I’m relating the case back to Mr Kipper and Suzy Lamplugh. She’s such an attractive lady and I imagine many would be attracted to her. She is also lovely natured, according to reports, therefore would probably bend over backwards to be obliging.

If there was a perpetrator who met up with her I’m guessing he/she popped the dog back through the gate in order to stop it giving any game away and placed everything on the bench. I’m thinking this was related to her work and the nature of her job was meeting people snd selling them mortgages. The meeting with her boss the evening before followed by the zoom meeting and her excitement at this … then the next morning she disappears. Not a coincidence imo

I can’t help wondering whether she had arranged to meet someone on this walk .. related to the zoom meeting regarding the mortgage. Maybe she required documents that needed to be handed over.
She was ‘upbeat’ after the meeting…

I suppose I’m relating the case back to Mr Kipper and Suzy Lamplugh. She’s such an attractive lady and I imagine many would be attracted to her. She is also lovely natured, according to reports, therefore would probably bend over backwards to be obliging.

If there was a perpetrator who met up with her I’m guessing he/she popped the dog back through the gate in order to stop it giving any game away and placed everything on the bench. I’m thinking this was related to her work and the nature of her job was meeting people snd selling them mortgages. The meeting with her boss the evening before followed by the zoom meeting and her excitement at this … then the next morning she disappears. Not a coincidence imo
Agree,definite significant of Thurs meeting with boss or another individual

First time poster here.

My first thought when I heard about this case was 100% that she had followed her dog in to rescue it or something similar. I now fully think there was some foul play here. The photos on her FB show the dog was happy in the water and used to the water so I can't see any scenario where the dog wouldn't have tried to go in after her, even if it had to find a different entry point.

The last sighting of her wasn't where the phone and dog were found, so I really wonder if she was ever there.

For those saying that 20 minutes is too small a time frame for foul play

Remember Poor Sarah Payne, who was out of her siblings sight for less than a minute and got snatched away. Yes she was a child but principle being it takes no time at all. There is no set amount of time. Isn't NB quite petite also, which would make it easier for her to be overpowered.

How long is foul play supposed to take?

MOO of course.

Newer model car keys/fobs can be tracked can’t they? I’m not tech savvy enough to know, I’ll have to Google it

For those saying that 20 minutes is too small a time frame for foul play

Remember Poor Sarah Payne, who was out of her siblings sight for less than a minute and got snatched away. Yes she was a child but principle being it takes no time at all. There is no set amount of time. Isn't NB quite petite also, which would make it easier for her to be overpowered.

How long is foul play supposed to take?

MOO of course.

That's true but it was right by a road IIRC (Sarah's abduction i mean)

Glad to see I'm not the only fake phone maker on dog walks but haven't resorted to taking a sneaky pic yet !
I’m another one. I also havent taken a pic but it’s a good idea. Sometimes I get really scared if I encounter a lone male when I’m dog walking … but only line males without dogs.. as I wonder why they would be out walking. Sometimes I engage with them and say things like ‘ there are some police back there(pointing behind me) .. Dyou know if somethings going on? ‘
I say that to deter them from doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jensy