UK UK - Paul Taylor, 57, left home in in a vehicle Annan Scotland, car abandoned in Langwathby Penrith, Cumbria , 17 October 2023 *arrest*

Thanks for the link @StillDiggin

So, to clarify.. Jack Crawley has been charged for the murder of Paul Taylor (happened some time in October 2023 in Carlisle, cause of death not yet formally ascertained) and Marcus Goodfellow has been charged with assisting an offender (for disposing of victim's car). Jack Crawley has also been charged for 'the attempted murder of a man on January 5 2024; and a second alleges that he unlawfully and maliciously wounded the same man, causing him grievous bodily harm, on the same date' in York. This last bit confuses me - are they 2 separate incidents? just as an example, if he attempted to murder him at 1pm and was unsuccessful, and then maliciously wounded him later at 8pm? or is it 1 incident and he's being charged with 2 offences?

Sorry if I'm sounding stupid here! Just trying to understand it all :)

Jack Crawley has also been charged for 'the attempted murder of a man on January 5 2024; and a second alleges that he unlawfully and maliciously wounded the same man, causing him grievous bodily harm, on the same date' in York. This last bit confuses me - are they 2 separate incidents? just as an example, if he attempted to murder him at 1pm and was unsuccessful, and then maliciously wounded him later at 8pm? or is it 1 incident and he's being charged with 2 offences?

Edited by me for focus.

I get the impression that it is the same incident, and that the police are using the lesser charge as a sort of insurance in case he is acquitted of the attempted murder charge. Attempted murder is probably quite difficult to actually prove, with the risk (to the prosecution) that he could be acquitted by the jury. Unlawful and malicious wounding is probably less difficult to prove.

I am happy to be corrected about any of this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinicole93
Back