UK - Peter Connelly, 17 mos, brutally murdered, London, 3 Aug 2007

Knowing our slack justice system they won't get long. However they will have a hellish time in prison.

God kows how many more of these cases are happening as we speak:furious:

My heart is hurting a great deal atm, I have a 19month old...and ....and .... and ... words truly fail me at this moment :(

I would just like to comment on this

The boy's mother had pleaded guilty to causing the death of the boy, who was seen about 60 times by social workers, doctors and welfare and family groups.

Then why the wasnt he REMOVED.

I have an adoption blog, I blog about the horrors in adoption, I blog about how SOME Children are removed unnecessairily from their parents, ESPECIALLY In the UK At the moment , babies, children are being ripped from their mother because she is single, because they say she is unfit because she IS Single and doesnt have a luxury lifestyle (examples)

Well where the were Child Protection Services with this baby ? THIS BABY SHOULD HAVE Been REMOVED And Adopted.

I am sitting here sobbing, I am so SICK of the brutality that people bestow upon their children, or allow others to do so...

And the worst thing is its not going to stop, every day children are being brutalized.

:(

OMG. That has to be one of the worst stories I have ever read. Time for me to go hug my babies. :(

My heart is hurting a great deal atm, I have a 19month old...and ....and .... and ... words truly fail me at this moment :(

I would just like to comment on this

Then why the wasnt he REMOVED.

I have an adoption blog, I blog about the horrors in adoption, I blog about how SOME Children are removed unnecessairily from their parents, ESPECIALLY In the UK At the moment , babies, children are being ripped from their mother because she is single, because they say she is unfit because she IS Single and doesnt have a luxury lifestyle (examples)

Well where the were Child Protection Services with this baby ? THIS BABY SHOULD HAVE Been REMOVED And Adopted.

I am sitting here sobbing, I am so SICK of the brutality that people bestow upon their children, or allow others to do so...

And the worst thing is its not going to stop, every day children are being brutalized.

:(

Why wasn't he removed? Well, the mom smeared chocolate on him to hide his bruises. That statement there was probably one of the most infuriating things I've ever read. You've got professional social workers who go to see a boy who they suspect is being abused, and then they find that he's covered in chocolate. Did no one bother to get a tissue and try to wipe some of it off? Even if they didn't think it was hiding bruises, because honestly, who would? But still, wouldn't they say, "Oh, your mom didn't wash your face" and do a quick clean up? Isn't that kind of their job? Isn't seeing that a child is dirty and unkempt part of the signs of abuse that they're looking for??

All, I know...it's shocking and sickening. & it's not the first time in that area, which makes it even more so! I used to work at Newcastle City Council and I new a social worker there who was a neighbour of mine & I KNOW what salary band a newbie was in (a few years ago), so it's not like these people are on a pittance. And of course, no one seems to be REALLY taking any responsibility, as per usual.

Today, the gov'ment has been rowing about it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7723933.stm

Ima: I would imagine the men will get about the same, but we shall see. It's not enough...the usual slap on the wrist!

UGH!

mind you...I remember when I was living in Denver (am a yank, btw) & that little boy in Chicago who died after much abuse an neglect--totally let down by social services there. It's no better in the States, from what I recall :(

Bless these poor babies........

Why wasn't he removed? Well, the mom smeared chocolate on him to hide his bruises. That statement there was probably one of the most infuriating things I've ever read. You've got professional social workers who go to see a boy who they suspect is being abused, and then they find that he's covered in chocolate. Did no one bother to get a tissue and try to wipe some of it off? Even if they didn't think it was hiding bruises, because honestly, who would? But still, wouldn't they say, "Oh, your mom didn't wash your face" and do a quick clean up? Isn't that kind of their job? Isn't seeing that a child is dirty and unkempt part of the signs of abuse that they're looking for??

agreed...no excuse!

:mad: You better have a strong stomach to read this story as its one of the worst I have ever read and I was bawling while reading it. What this baby suffered was beyond imagination and the diagrams and pictures are pretty shocking. I have added a few links as its been all over our news today sparking a huge clash between politicians in The House of Commons.

This baby had his back broken, his ribs broken, he was bitten, his fingernails were pulled off, his tooth knocked out, his ear hanging off, skin missing.....the list goes on and all because his mother was a lazy *advertiser censored* and her boyfriend had what Police called a "fascination with pain"....this boyfriend loved to skin frogs alive and torture animals. I almost threw up reading this baby's story and the worst thing is that the mother was cleared of charges 48 hours before this baby died and Social Services had visited the house 60 times and left him there in squalor.

Prison sentences here are so low that these sadistic people wont even get a punishment that fits the crime. I am sick to my core after reading this today. I just want others to remember this baby today:(

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article5140511.ece

There are diagrams and pictures in this second article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ag-The-life-death-baby-boy-called-Smiley.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...xchange-clash-blame-Baby-Ps-brutal-death.html

Horrendous, I can't even click the links to read it, but didn't want you to think no one cared. May that precious little baby boy rest in peace.

I closed my eyes as I scrolled this far-I cannot do it and I hope I do not dishonor this precious child.

This was pure unadulterated hate. And how can anyone hate something so innocent and vulnerable.

Peace, peace peace little angel. I hope you get another shot at life and it is clovers and happieness.

How sad. It appears everyone failed this baby including social services and physicians. May he rest in peace.

Thanks Everyone...I just wanted the poor little fella acknowledged. His life was pure misery and he had no way out...no one gave a damn. Everyone from his sorry excuse for a mother all the way up to the highest authorities failed him and now the politicians fight over who is to blame.

Sickening:mad:

I am not strong enough to look at the pictures or read the articles, but I send heartfelt prayers to this precious child and ask that the angels keep him close and let him know that he is loved.

Salem

PS - I stongly recommend some grass root efforts in the UK for implementing some stricter punishments for these perps.

Someone did a thread yesterday here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74839
ETA I just cant comment anymore on it...I just cried so much yesterday - I have a baby of near the same age. I just cant cope with thinking of it..

But the Social Services need to be ALL SACKED and CHARGED With allowing this baby to be tortured resulting in death as well as that mother and step father being charged with MURDER

Oh and CASTRATED

Thanks Jane...I didnt know someone else had already posted..maybe they could be merged? I just found it one of the worse stories I ever read and wanted him remembered.:(

God bless that poor sweet baby. I couldn't bring myself to read the full articles, just what I read in the post here make me ill. I hope that the punishment in the afterlife is horrible and everlasting for the two that tortured that little angel.

I am not strong enough to look at the pictures or read the articles, but I send heartfelt prayers to this precious child and ask that the angels keep him close and let him know that he is loved.

Salem

PS - I stongly recommend some grass root efforts in the UK for implementing some stricter punishments for these perps.

How do we start, advice needed, I would write letters etc:mad:

Poor little baby, reminds me of "Boy in the Box":mad:

There is just no way that I can express how I feel about this without words that would surely have me permanently banned from WS. 60 visits from Social Services ignored? What in the he!! happened here?! How could a case of such brutal abuse "slip through the cracks" when it is SO blatantly obvious to ANYONE with eyes that something was horribly wrong here?! Sickening!!!

How do we start, advice needed, I would write letters etc:mad:

Poor little baby, reminds me of "Boy in the Box":mad:

You could start with letters to the editor of local news as well as posting on websites. Anything to start a buzz about it. Then start a petition, but if you want it to be effective you really need to pass the petition to get it signed by hand. Then you send the letter to the lawmakers. At the same time, try to get as many people as possible to also send letters to the lawmakers. You may also want to start a volunteer org to help with the work. Try reaching out to as many reporters as possible and tell about what you are doing. If you don't get what you think you need the most at first, keep trying. At least that is the way I have seen it done in the US.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back