Found Deceased UK - Petra, 23, last seen in Skegness, Lincolnshire, 17 Jan 2024

Normal Norm

Reaction score
Lincolnshire Police are asking for help in finding 23-year-old Petra. They are growing increasingly concerned for her welfare.

1705748734409.png

She was last seen in Skegness on Wednesday (17 January) and is believed to be wearing a black top, trousers, and white trainers.
Petra is described as having a slim build, is approximately 5ft 2ins tall and has long, wavy blonde hair.

Lincolnshire Police Facebook page
Lincolnshire Police Facebook homepage

Lincolnshire Police have released a sad and shocking statement:

We have launched a murder investigation after the body of a woman was found near Gibraltar Point in Skegness.

A 45-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder. He remains in police custody.

While formal identification has yet to take place, we believe this to be the body of 23-year-old Petra Ross, who was reported missing on Friday 19 January.

Her family have been made aware. Inquiries are ongoing.

Lincolnshire Police Facebook page

Glad to hear of an arrest. Let's hope they caught the perpetrator straight away so that Petra Ross gets her justice quickly. (According to Facebook she's engaged and has a daughter, too, so I hope the investigation is swift for their sakes.)

Also noted that her appeal described the clothes she was wearing in her last Facebook update - JMO but I suspect something went wrong during her night out on the 17th :(

There’s surprisingly little chatter about this on social media. It’s quite strange. Even locally, there doesn’t seem to be much knowledge about what might have happened to her.
Some comments on her last Facebook post seem to imply the locals know who was arrested and that he's served time before. I agree with you though, this hasn't caused the storm of social media I would have expected.... MOO

Nothing new in this case but I'm posting these details from Lincolnshire Police website;

We are appealing for witnesses and information in connection with the investigation in Skegness.
We are particularly interested in speaking to the drivers and occupants of the two cars seen entering Princes Parade car park between 11.21pm and 11.27pm on Wednesday 17 January. The car park is adjacent to the boating lakes in Skegness.
We are also keen to hear from those who may have seen anyone walking around the Gibraltar Point Nature Reserve or a white vehicle in this area between 11.30pm on Wednesday 17 January and 8am on Thursday 18 January.
If you witnessed anything suspicious or unusual at the time, but have yet to come forward, please do so by contacting 101 or emailing force.control@lincs.police.uk quoting incident 386 of 19 January in the subject line.

An inquest into the death of the 23-year-old was opened and adjourned on Monday until 22 July. A murder inquiry by police is ongoing.

A 45-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and bailed.

Lincolnshire coroner's officer Stuart Partridge said the cause of death was hypothermia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KreepinSavage
Back