GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this is it

This article talks about Joint Enterprise and how it is now being challenged by various convicted criminals. SH is mentioned in this article ( and has also been mentioned in an earlier article back in Feb this year ) as being someone who might attempt to challenge her conviction and sentence, based on the new ruling re JE.

The case of Shauna Hoare, convicted with her boyfriend Nathan Matthews of killing Bristol teenager Becky Watts, is one that could be affected by the ruling.

She claims she knew Matthews wanted to kidnap Becky to have sex with her but was not with him when he throttled her, although she was in the house.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ICTED-manslaughter-retrial.html#ixzz4JTHHe1RV
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Yes quite possibly I cant find the original posting maybe dm pulled it due to it may be damaging to parties concerned

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hi Dan,

Were you there to hear the whole trial? Did Shauna admit she knew Nathan wanted to kidnap Becky? I don't remember hearing anything about that. All I got from the trial was that Shauna was playing dumb throughout.

Hope you and your mum are as well as can be x

Sorry just joined this forum so not sure exactly how everything works. Just wondering, at some point before the trial Matthews was charged with sexual assault and voyeurism which was not related to this case. I have not heard anything about that since, during or after the trial. Could anyone shed some light on this?

well we thought there would br another trial for those charges but after the trial for my sister we were told they won't be going ahead with it because of the sentence he already has and because of the victims of the indecent images/voyeurism

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi Dan,

Were you there to hear the whole trial? Did Shauna admit she knew Nathan wanted to kidnap Becky? I don't remember hearing anything about that. All I got from the trial was that Shauna was playing dumb throughout.

Hope you and your mum are as well as can be x
yes I was there through the whole trial and our liason officers told us daily everything that was happening and shauna has never admitted to any of it at all during court or the investigation she acted clueless x

well we thought there would br another trial for those charges but after the trial for my sister we were told they won't be going ahead with it because of the sentence he already has and because of the victims of the indecent images/voyeurism

Thanks for your response Dan. That sounds so unfair though, those are some serious charges and he should face punishment for them too. It always kind of shed some light on your sister's trial and really painted a picture of his character in my opinion.

Another thing, I also read that Shauna attempted suicide while in custody? Was that true? I assumed that's how she lost her twins

yes I was there through the whole trial and our liason officers told us daily everything that was happening and shauna has never admitted to any of it at all during court or the investigation she acted clueless x

Thanks Dan that's what I thought. It was ridiculous how she expected everyone to believe she had no clue what was going on!

The thing with the twins by the time we got to court she didn't look at all pregnant at she would of been at a point where you'd see but what I heard and few others is that she tried to cut her wrist and went into hospital but I think it was just to get rid of them but that's all I've heard not 100 percent.

Yes I know bathsheba she would be up on screen smirking and just talking like everything completely normal they are a deluded pair.

The thing with the twins by the time we got to court she didn't look at all pregnant at she would of been at a point where you'd see but what I heard and few others is that she tried to cut her wrist and went into hospital but I think it was just to get rid of them but that's all I've heard not 100 percent.

Yes I know bathsheba she would be up on screen smirking and just talking like everything completely normal they are a deluded pair.

Her lack of emotion was chilling.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

It's sad that the family wasn't told about what happened with the twins. I too heard the rumour when she was first arrested that she had cut her wrists, what a cowardly woman, trying to get out of having to face up to what she'd been a part of.

Dan, sorry if this is a personal question - (please don't feel you have to answer it or anything) how accurate was your dads book? I read up to the sentencing chapters but I couldn't finish the book because it became apparent that it was mostly just about the effect it had on him and his wife, it felt a bit too self serving. I did find certain bits about Nathan quite informative though.

It's sad that the family wasn't told about what happened with the twins. I too heard the rumour when she was first arrested that she had cut her wrists, what a cowardly woman, trying to get out of having to face up to what she'd been a part of.

Dan, sorry if this is a personal question - (please don't feel you have to answer it or anything) how accurate was your dads book? I read up to the sentencing chapters but I couldn't finish the book because it became apparent that it was mostly just about the effect it had on him and his wife, it felt a bit too self serving. I did find certain bits about Nathan quite informative though.
In case Dan doesnt feel like answering, i can say it paints Tanya, his Mum, in a bad light, she is a lovely lady and loves both Becky and Dan immensely. The book should have been called ANGIE, if that helps!

In case Dan doesnt feel like answering, i can say it paints Tanya, his Mum, in a bad light, she is a lovely lady and loves both Becky and Dan immensely. The book should have been called ANGIE, if that helps!

Agreed! Read the top rated Amazon reviews on the book.

yeah I read about their behaviour in court, completely shocking

Another thing I was wondering about this case, Matthews' and Hoare's child was present in Becky's house and also obviously in Matthews' and Hoare's house after the murder. Did police not ask the child if they had seen or heard anything suspicious? I understand the child is young but honestly, what happened was so brutal and would been quite messy and hectic I'd imagine, surely the child would have some information.

Looks as though life is not quite as comfortable for her as previously reported - although I question the information being provided from a close friend - thought she didnt have any ?

Becky Watts' killer Shauna Hoare has reportedly been so badly beaten in prison she has had to be resuscitated twice.
A close friend said she had become a target for other prisoners at the Category A jail, which is the largest female prison in Europe.

The friend told the Daily Mirror: 'Shauna has been so badly beaten up she has needed to be resuscitated twice. She says the best she can do is take it day by day.'

'She really has to watch her back from what she tells me and just does everything she can to avoid dangerous inmates. Shauna is having a terrible time.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-prison-resuscitated-TWICE.html#ixzz4Pnpl9h76

Another thing I was wondering about this case, Matthews' and Hoare's child was present in Becky's house and also obviously in Matthews' and Hoare's house after the murder. Did police not ask the child if they had seen or heard anything suspicious? I understand the child is young but honestly, what happened was so brutal and would been quite messy and hectic I'd imagine, surely the child would have some information.

From memory, I think the child was only one year old, if that, at the time of the murder. She may have memories but this may be something that will become evident later in her life.

Looks as though life is not quite as comfortable for her as previously reported - although I question the information being provided from a close friend - thought she didnt have any ?

Becky Watts' killer Shauna Hoare has reportedly been so badly beaten in prison she has had to be resuscitated twice.
A close friend said she had become a target for other prisoners at the Category A jail, which is the largest female prison in Europe.

The friend told the Daily Mirror: 'Shauna has been so badly beaten up she has needed to be resuscitated twice. She says the best she can do is take it day by day.'

'She really has to watch her back from what she tells me and just does everything she can to avoid dangerous inmates. Shauna is having a terrible time.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-prison-resuscitated-TWICE.html#ixzz4Pnpl9h76

I'm a good person, honest! But I felt satisfaction reading that.

From memory, I think the child was only one year old, if that, at the time of the murder. She may have memories but this may be something that will become evident later in her life.
Its hard to know what the police did in their investigation as its not made public. It wouldve been brought up in the trial if she had something to add to the investigation - if indeed theyd used a psychologist to question her, usually done through doll play etc at young ages i think, sorry im rambling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member