GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jealousy is a very powerful emotion, and is at the root of all sorts of evil deeds in this world.

And this is what I have felt since yesterday, jealousy, IMO, jealousy over Rebecca.

Sorry for being pedantic but the accusation of kidnapping wasn't 'upgraded' to murder.
The kidnapping is a seperate issue which will still stand on its own.
The suspects were re-arrested for the suspected murder.
Two seperate issues. They might've been arrested for even more issues than we're party to.
No offence intended in this pedantry :)

So if they have sufficient evidence to bring a charge, would they still continue questioning the suspects, if the suspects are mainly giving No Comment answers.
What I am trying to say is, would they ( or are the allowed to ) make use of the maximum 96 hours in the hope of getting a few answers in amongst the No Comments, or would they be forced to go ahead and charge because they already have enough evidence ?
They cannot be questioned after they are charged (unless it's linked to terrorism)

Good site for rules and regs regarding being arrested etc

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/law/hamlyn/detentio.htm

If I have this right, the 23 year old woman Jaydene, found something in her shed, and called police? And then everything went from there, as far as the other houses and arrests? I have no idea if Jaydene was innocently calling the police to tell them what she found, but if she was, now she has been arrested, and if her only crime was calling the police with information, wondering how she gets her life back together?

I thought I read somewhere that the police had until 3pm before they have to charge on release them. Can't remember if I read that on here or elsewhere. If that's the case then we should be expecting an announcement shortly.

It is most likely Luminol, it is definitely a hazardous chemical. In the real world anyone spraying it would wear a respirator mask. In TV land it's sprayed around like its water with little or no protection being worn.

Suggestions on Bristol Post website that a property in Avonmouth was visited yesterday at it is privately rented by 23 old Jamie Ireland. My phone won't let me paste the link. Can someone else do it please?

Sorry for being pedantic but the accusation of kidnapping wasn't 'upgraded' to murder.
The kidnapping is a seperate issue which will still stand on its own.
The suspects were re-arrested for the suspected murder.
Two seperate issues. They might've been arrested for even more issues than we're party to.
No offence intended in this pedantry :)
No offence taken for picking up on my over simplification. I was trying to get across the point that you can't keep changing or adding reasons for arrest to extend the custody time.

It could well be that one or more of them are charged with kidnapping and/or murder.

They cannot be questioned after they are charged (unless it's linked to terrorism)

Good site for rules and regs regarding being arrested etc

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/law/hamlyn/detentio.htm

Many thanks for that link. I know they cant question any more once they have been charged, but what I was not sure about was if they can keep questioning throughout the whole of a * time extension * even if, by half way through that extra 24 hours, they already have enough to make a charge. But I understand now, per Wallace, that once they have an extension, they can use all of it.....

Does sound as though there is a lot of No Comment going on though...

I thought I read somewhere that the police had until 3pm before they have to charge on release them. Can't remember if I read that on here or elsewhere. If that's the case then we should be expecting an announcement shortly.
The actual arrest time was not made public. The clock starts ticking when they are booked into custody. That is usually as soon as possible after arrest. All that has been said is afternoon. As 3 o'clock has come and gone it's reasonable to assume that time was a guess by the journalist who wrote it.

If SP did slit her wrists, can the questioning just continue, or will the doctor say she is under observation, and no questioning for now?

Suggestions on Bristol Post website that a property in Avonmouth was visited yesterday at it is privately rented by 23 old Jamie Ireland. My phone won't let me paste the link. Can someone else do it please?

Becky Watts: Police enquiry spreads to Avonmouth home

Officers descended on a home in Richmond Villas yesterday.

Jamie Ireland, 23, is understood to privately rent the home with three others.

One neighbour, who did not wish to be named, said: "Two riot vans full of officers turned up and went into the house.

Well it seems this is going down to the wire, really didn't expect that.

Still no charges, which continues to suggest that the suspects are not cooperating and that there is still some uncertainty about who did what, when and why.

Or maybe they are just using all the time available to make sure they get as much detailed information as possible whilst memories are fresh and before the people they are holding get the chance to speak about this case to other people outside of the police station.

If I phoned the police to say I'd found some body parts in my shed or wherever, I'd expect to be arrested and questioned as a matter of course. Anyone can say they've "found" something.

With this case, and all the different locations, surely it is going to take lots of time to establish what happened, where it happened, when it happened, as well as background details about the people involved, when they were last together etc.

The police might also want these people held securely whilst they are searching their homes etc, in case more evidence comes to light.

I don't think its necessarily a sign that all of the people aren't cooperating. Just MOO.

If SP did slit her wrists, can the questioning just continue, or will the doctor say she is under observation, and no questioning for now?
I think slit is probably an exaggeration, she won't have had access to anything in custody with which to do much harm and it was said she was back in custody swiftly.

The actual arrest time was not made public. The clock starts ticking when they are booked into custody. That is usually as soon as possible after arrest. All that has been said is afternoon. As 3 o'clock has come and gone it's reasonable to assume that time was a guess by the journalist who wrote it.

Quite probably , although I hope that the journalists will not be told either way until Becky's family are informed!

Usually the PACE clock is paused while they are taken to hospital and restarted when they return to custody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
611CLE