GUILTY UK - Rikki Neave, 6, murdered, Peterborough, 28 Nov 1994 *Arrest*

Hi Docwho and Kazzbar and thank you for taking the time to raed up on this case.

In answer to your question Docwho I do not recall ever saying that I thought Ruth Neave was innocent and after double checking can confirm that nope I indeed never did! The points you raised in your post were spot on and ones I agree with. I read up on this case extensively yesterday and am under the impression Ruth Neave either comitted or was involved with her sons death.
Guess you were wrong huh

A BBC investigation has found that police ignored scientific evidence to build a case against his mother, leaving his killer free for more than 20 years.
Prof Tony Brown, a forensic scientist from Southampton University who helps solve crimes by looking at pollen in mud, had been asked by police to examine Rikki's clothes.
"I focused on the right shoe because that had mud on the positive tread and that is significant. The ridges underneath your shoes, the positive tread, don't normally have mud on them as soon as you go on to tarmac or a pavement or a hard surface."
He concluded that "the shoes had walked into the wood but hadn't walked out again - and that's critical".

I really hope that wouldn't happen today - whatever you may think of the mother's parenting skills (terrible), ignoring what appears to be pretty clear evidence to try and frame the convenient target is not justice, and as we've seen, can result in the actual killer going free for decades.

The convicted killer of Rikki Neave is possibly to have his case looked at by appeal judges.

Killer jailed for life for murdering schoolboy Rikki Neave, 6, can appeal conviction

A man found guilty of murdering a six-year-old boy nearly 30 years ago has been granted leave to appeal his conviction by judges.

The convicted killer of Rikki Neave is possibly to have his case looked at by appeal judges.

Killer jailed for life for murdering schoolboy Rikki Neave, 6, can appeal conviction

A man found guilty of murdering a six-year-old boy nearly 30 years ago has been granted leave to appeal his conviction by judges.

hopefully it will fail. He has put the family through hell for decades and continues to do so :(

Appeal decision.

Attachments

• Watson-v-R-judgment-040923.pdf
    264.2 KB · Views: 2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members