UK UK - Rory Johnson-Hatfield, 29, York, 20 Nov 2015

I really do feel for the family :( conditions are not good on the Ouse. All it's done today is rain, add all the water that flows into the Ouse from the north York moors, and the forecast for the next couple of days... It doesn't look like improving anytime soon.

Family appeal for boat to search Ouse for missing Skipton man Rory Johnson-Hatfield - but York Rescue Boat warns of flood dangers.
York Rescue Boat, which assisted police in searching the Ouse last week, has strongly advised against anyone making unassisted searches because of the dangers posed while it is in flood. "The river search for Rory by the police has now ended and we have not yet been informed as to when or if it will be resumed."

"I would like to make an appeal to anybody that has a boat on the river Ouse in York that the family could use in order to resume this part of the search. Thank you in advance."

http://www.gazetteherald.co.uk/news...r_boat_to_search_river_sparks_safety_warning/

I thought that they had suspended the river searches for the time being as they where looking at other information has to his final where abouts at City Mill

I thought that they had suspended the river searches for the time being as they where looking at other information has to his final where abouts at City Mill

They suspended supposedly because of the river conditions, and were looking for other info in the interim. We'll see what happens.

No new updates but I just wanted to show the river Ouse right now.

This is from the York Press

A remarkable photograph, taken with a drone, showing the flooded Ouse at Acaster Malbis.

4536536.jpg

For contrast, here's a satellite photo showing the Ouse's usual boundaries:

4537235.png

The bend in the Ouse at Acaster Malbis is where the body of Megan Roberts was found.

If Rory did fall into the river I don't think this bodes well for recovery. It's the worst flooding we have had here since the floods in 2010, which broke records.

A couple more, also from the York Press

The old Bonding Warehouse mentioned earlier

23lkuna.jpg

And St Georges (Castle Mills) Car Park. Some poor/idiot left their car there...

qs8a3a.jpg

thanks for these images - it's really bad I think it took 5 weeks for Megan to be found all these conditions are slowing down the search I fear it could be longer for Rory that's if he went into the river :gaah:

BREAKING "There's a huge hole in our hearts that only the return of Rory can repair" - Missing man's tearful dad pleads for information

THE father of missing man Rory Johnson-Hatfield has made an emotional appeal for the public's help in finding his son.

Doug Hatfield was giving a press conference at York Police Station, three weeks after Rory, 29, of Skipton, disappeared while on a night out in York city centre.

Fighting back tears, he said he wanted to thank everyone for the support and kind offers of help the family had received throghout an extemely difficult time.

"Rory was a wonderful and much loved son and brother, and his natural ability to talk to anybody, young or old, with such ease, and make them laugh, makes me so very proud, because there are so very few like him," he said.

"Nothing prepares you for a time like this and it's extremely emotional."

More and Video at link ^^

EAKING "There's a huge hole in our hearts that only the return of Rory can repair" - Missing man's tearful dad pleads for information

THE father of missing man Rory Johnson-Hatfield has made an emotional appeal for the public's help in finding his son.

Doug Hatfield was giving a press conference at York Police Station, three weeks after Rory, 29, of Skipton, disappeared while on a night out in York city centre.

Fighting back tears, he said he wanted to thank everyone for the support and kind offers of help the family had received throghout an extemely difficult time.

"Rory was a wonderful and much loved son and brother, and his natural ability to talk to anybody, young or old, with such ease, and make them laugh, makes me so very proud, because there are so very few like him," he said.

"Nothing prepares you for a time like this and it's extremely emotional."

More and Video at link ^^
How heartbreaking - it really seems they've given up hope. I'm afraid as others have said, that the recent weather will hinder any closure the family may have sought from finding Rorys body...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I've been thinking of Rory and his family a lot these past few days. With the horrendous floods we are having, I just can't see him being found :( (if he did go into the water) There is always the hope the opposite may happen and when the water recedes he could be found somewhere, it's just that bad he could be lost for good :(

Still no news on Rory.

Nope, nothing. Under normal circumstances Ouse victims turn up around now, but the flooding has been catastrophic these last couple of weeks so the river rescue teams have been flat out, possibly not as much searching done either.

So either he's been washed further downstream than usual, or he's been washed up onto land somewhere. Or he didn't go into the river at all.

I hate mysteries like this, I do wonder what I'm doing here sometimes!

Nope, nothing. Under normal circumstances Ouse victims turn up around now, but the flooding has been catastrophic these last couple of weeks so the river rescue teams have been flat out, possibly not as much searching done either.

So either he's been washed further downstream than usual, or he's been washed up onto land somewhere. Or he didn't go into the river at all.

I hate mysteries like this, I do wonder what I'm doing here sometimes!

I never thought of the fact he could be washed up on to land somewhere (if he did enter the water) but with nearly every river in York bursting it's bank recently, I think it could be a possibility.

I never thought of the fact he could be washed up on to land somewhere (if he did enter the water) but with nearly every river in York bursting it's bank recently, I think it could be a possibility.

You can see on this pic where the river runs normally between the tree lines, I imagine there'll be loads of debris yet to be cleared from the fields and banks.

_87410213_87410212.jpg

Who knows though, the river seems the likeliest option but until he's found we'll never know :(

I can't believe this lad still hasn't turned up.

Now members of Bolton Mountain Rescue Team and their professionally trained dogs, Sasha and Quincy, have assisted the Underwater Search Unit from Humberside Police, first in searching the River Ouse from Naburn to Selby on one day, and then from Selby to Goole on the following day. Both boats travelled downstream eventually finishing up at Goole docks. In total, some 36 linear miles of water were searched, all returning a negative result.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/143...oin_search_for_missing_Rory_Johnson_Hatfield/

I had assumed he ended up in the river but perhaps this isn't the case. I'm stumped.

HIs dad made a post a couple of days ago on the FB page which seems to have led to some confusion but at the same time offers hope that Rory might just have needed time out:

Morning Son,

This is the only way I know how to perhaps contact you. I have been told that you just needed a little time to yourself,
to gather your thoughts and decide your future. Please know that we want your future to be with us, your family, that whatever may seem difficult for you at the moment, might be easier to overcome knowing that we are all waiting for the moment you feel ready to come home.

We all miss you deeply son and want nothing but the best for you, I just wish I had been there for you when you obviously needed me.
This is quite a private message, so I ask anyone who may read it, not to feel obliged to comment or like.

See you soon, but never soon enough. All our deepest love.

Mum, Dad [I have removed the other names]

Heartbreaking, and the post led to many thinking Rory is someone on his behalf had made contact. There is a follow up post which explains the message was a last ditch hope that Rory might read it.

I was in York over the weekend and was pleased to see there are still several posters up for Rory, mainly around the river area.

It's unusual for Ouse bodies not to turn up by now but with all the flooding around the time he vanished I guess the river wasn't acting typically.

But who knows, maybe he didn't end up in the water after all? Gut feeling says he did but I was sure he'd have been found weeks ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonsuli
Back