UK UK - Ross Kinghorn, 57, last seen boarding train from Linlithgow, W Lothian, to go hill walking in the Bridge of Tilt area, Perthshire, 16 Jan 2023

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
Police Scotland is re-appealing for information to trace 57-year-old Ross Kinghorn.

Ross was last seen on Monday, 16 January, 2023 boarding a train from Linlithgow and travelled to go hill walking in the Bridge of Tilt area.

He is described as a white male, 5’8” tall, slim build, bald head and is believed to be wearing a blue beanie hat, blue waterproof jacket, green fleece, grey walking trousers and brown boots. He is also believed to be in possession of a small two-wheel trolley and small black rucksack.

Inspector Kris McCall said, “As time passes we are becoming more concerned for Ross. We are carrying out extensive searches and reviewing CCTV in an effort to trace him.

“Ross has been seen on CCTV using the rail network on Monday but unfortunately there have been no other confirmed sightings of him.

“Today we have issued a second photograph of Ross which shows the clothing he was wearing when he was last seen. We hope it may help people recognise him.

“I would ask residents in the Bridge of Tilt area to check their sheds and outbuildings for any sign that he may have been there.

“I would also appeal to any hillwalkers who have visited Bridge of Tilt recently and may have information to contact police as soon as possible.”

Anyone who may have seen Ross is asked to contact police on 101 quoting 1588 of 20 January, 2023.

Screenshot_20230122-100610_Chrome Beta-01.jpeg

Screenshot_20230122-101205_Chrome Beta-01.jpeg

Images of a hillwalker last seen on Monday have been released in an effort to trace him amid increasing concerns for his welfare.

An urgent search was launched for Ross Kinghorn after he was last seen boarding a train from his hometown of Linlithgow to go walking in Perthshire.

There have been no other confirmed sightings of the 57-year-old since he was captured on CCTV on January 16.

Ross Kinghorn has not been seen since he got on a train from Linlithgow at around 6.30am on Monday January 16 when he was on his way to go a hike in the Bridge of Tilt area.

The 57-year-old has failed to make contact with loved ones since and police are becoming increasingly worried about his wellbeing.

Ross was captured on CCTV using the rail network on Monday but there have been no other confirmed sightings of him after that - prompting police to again ask for the public's help as their search efforts continue on.

Ross Kinghorn, 57, has been missing for more than a week after travelling to the Bridge of Tilt area, near Blair Atholl, to go hiking.

Ross travelled by train from Linlithgow and the last confirmed sighting of him was at around 9am on Monday January 16 in Blair Atholl.

It believed he then set out for the Beinn a’ Ghlò hills nearby.

He was reported missing last Friday when he failed to return as planned.

Police searching for Ross have now discovered a number of items belonging to him near Bridge of Tilt.

This includes a two-wheel trolley Ross was in possession off before he went missing.

Officers have issued a fresh appeal for information and are asking local residents to check sheds and outbuildings.

[...]

Sergeant James Longden said: “We remain very concerned for Ross as our enquiries continue and we would continue to urge anyone with any information which may help to get in touch.

“Ross is an experienced hillwalker. His intention was to walk in the Beinn a' Ghlò hills above Blair Atholl and I would urge any other walkers who have been in the area who may have seen anything which looked out of place to get in touch as your information may prove helpful.

“I would also ask residents in the Bridge of Tilt area to check their sheds and outbuildings for any sign that he may have been there. Anyone who may have seen Ross is asked to contact police on 101 quoting 1588 of 20 January, 2023.”

Helicopters have been brought in to help in an air search for a hillwalker missing in the Highlands for more than two weeks.

Ross Kinghorn was last seen on CCTV boarding a train from Linlithgow on January 16, having intended to go hillwalking in the Bridge of Tilt area in Perthshire.

The most recent confirmed sighting of the 57-year-old was around 9am on January 16 after he arrived in Blair Atholl.

It is believed he set out for the Beinn a’ Ghlò hills nearby on the same day.

He was reported missing on January 20 after failing to return as planned.

Police Scotland’s air support unit confirmed on Sunday it had assisted in the search for him in the area he is believed to have set out for.

[...]

The partner of a hillwalker first reported missing in the Highland Perthshire hills over six weeks ago has come forward with a heartfelt plea to the public to aid her in her search.

Ross Kinghorn travelled by train on Monday, January 16 from Linlithgow to Blair Atholl, where he planned to camp on Glen Tilt and climb the three peaks of Beinn a’ Ghlo over the course of three days.

The 57-year-old was then reported missing on Friday, January 20 after failing to return home as planned.

At around 9am on that Monday he is said to have arrived in Blair Atholl.

[...]

He was also in possession of a small two-wheeled trolley, which was recovered as police renewed their appeals in January.

Partner Crystal Rog last saw Ross when she dropped him off at the Linlithgow Train Station and is urging people in the Blair Atholl area to help trace him.

In a statement on Facebook, she said: “Despite extensive searches by the mountain rescue team my partner, Ross Kinghorn, has not yet been found.

“I dropped Ross at the train station on Monday, January 16 to board the train to Blair Atholl for a planned walking trip to the Bridge of Tilt and the Beinn a’Ghlo hills.

“Ross did not return home as planned and did not make it back to his kit bag which he had stashed on the walk in.

“Ross was last sighted on Monday, January 16 in the Blair Atholl area at the summit of Carn Liath, then on the ridge between the first and second peak of Beinn a’Ghlo and finally on the summit of Braigh Coire Chruinn-bhalgain.

“These are the last known sightings of Ross.

“All official searches have now been halted.

“We are appealing to any hillwalkers, hill runners and cyclists who are in the area to please look out for any items which may be linked to Ross.

“In particular around ascent and descent routes (including lesser known routes) from Carn Liath, Braigh Coire Chruinn-bhalgain and Carn nan Gabhar.

“Any information may prove crucial in helping us to find him..."

Tayside Police has confirmed that enquiries are still ongoing to trace a hillwalker reported missing over two months ago.

Ross Kinghorn travelled by train on Monday, January 16 from Linlithgow to Blair Atholl, where he planned to camp on Glen Tilt and climb the three peaks of Beinn a’ Ghlo over the course of three days.

The 57-year-old was then reported missing on Friday, January 20 after failing to return home as planned.

Scottish Mountain Rescue stepped in to help the police in its search with helicopters brought in at the start of February to sweep the vast terrain for any signs of him.

[...]

I'd like to raise awareness of Ross Kinghorn missing in the area of Blair Atholl in Perthshire, Scotland.

Ross has been missing since 16th January on a planned solo hike that he was experienced and equipped for and knew very well.

I myself was unaware of this missing person as some of you may also be.

The power of YOU our followers sharing our posts meant Ross's family discovered us and have been able to contact us to ask for help. Thankyou everyone for playing a part.

We will be heading to the area in the coming weeks as soon as possible to assist with searching a number of possible water areas.

In the mean time I'd like to ask you all to help further and please raise awareness that Ross is missing to inform anyone visiting the area to look out for any sign of Ross.

"Please Help Find Ross Kinghorn Page" - Please help find Ross Kinghorn | Facebook

I’d like to know more about the stashed kit bag that was found. I am assuming that he used the 2 wheel trolley to move this to its position. What was found and what was its purpose? When was he intending to utilise whatever was in this kit bag?

I do a lot of walking myself and I can’t say I’ve ever brought anything on a trolley to stash anywhere. Was this his camping gear? For example, did he intend to walk down each night to set up camp? Was this emergency food supply in case he was longer than expected? Knowing how any of this was used or if it looked untouched would give an indication of where in the route he might have gone missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015
Back