UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs ARREST* #2

What about a victim's funeral??? :oops:
Will it be withheld till October?

I cant see any reports of a funeral Dotta.

It would seem very sad if Sara's funeral has to wait until after the trial and extremely distressing for Olga.
But perhaps there is an issue with who is considered primary next of kin ? I don't know.

August 29, 2023 at 10:35AM BST

The cause of death of a 10-year-old girl whose body was found in her Surrey home, sparking an international manhunt, has not yet been determined, an inquest has heard.

The precise cause of death is “not yet ascertained” but is likely to be “unnatural”, an inquest opening into her death at Surrey Coroner’s Court heard on Tuesday.

Coroner Simon Wickens confirmed Sara was born in Slough, Berkshire, on January 11 2013.

He then adjourned inquest proceedings until February 29 2024 to allow Surrey Police to carry out their investigations.

BBM, I wonder if there is no funeral planned until after the inquest as her CoD is still under investigation.

Sharif, Batool and Malik have all denied the charges. They appeared at the Old Bailey via video-link on Friday, March 1, where Judge Mark Lucraft scheduled their trial for October 1. It's expected the trial will last around six weeks and will be heard before High Court judge Mr Justice Cavanagh.

Sharif, Batool and Malik have all denied the charges. They appeared at the Old Bailey via video-link on Friday, March 1, where Judge Mark Lucraft scheduled their trial for October 1. It's expected the trial will last around six weeks and will be heard before High Court judge Mr Justice Cavanagh.
Do we know if Sara's siblings (or step stiblings I can't remember) will testify in court ? They're the only ones who could tell the truth about what happened imo.

Do we know if Sara's siblings (or step stiblings I can't remember) will testify in court ? They're the only ones who could tell the truth about what happened imo.
Sara has one sibling,her elder brother,the others are younger half siblings. The children have been living with their Pakistani relatives so might have been fed information which could make them unreliable witnesses or been coached to say they cannot remember anything.

Last edited:
Sara has one sibling,her elder brother,the others are younger step siblings. The children have been living with their Pakistani relatives so might have been fed information which could make them unreliable witnesses or been coached to say they cannot remember anything.
I thought the younger ones were half siblings, not step siblings.

Sara has one sibling,her elder brother,the others are younger half siblings. The children have been living with their Pakistani relatives so might have been fed information which could make them unreliable witnesses or been coached to say they cannot remember anything.
Yeah you're probably right.. and even if they wanted to, they would probably be too scared to do so...

I trust her brother will tell the truth about what was happening in this house.

I was wondering too but since I haven't seen any articles stating that they were taken back to GB, I guess the answer is yes ?
I'm thinking the kids are still in Pakistan and that was part of the plan. Keep the kids together what ever happens to the parents.

I'm not sure if the UK government can force the kids to return back. I think that is difficult to do if the kids have duel nationality? Just my speculation.

IMO

I can imagine that the children will be under a great deal of pressure from the Pakistani side of the family not to testify against their parents.

If I were a professional involved in the case I would be concerned about placing the children in a situation where they either commit perjury and risk a miscarriage of justice, or put themselves at risk of 'honour' based violence.

At least if they were in UK foster care they could have been kept safe.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Platform
Back