UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs sought*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luwin

Reaction score

A murder investigation has been launched after the body of a 10-year-old girl was discovered in Surrey.

She was found after police officers were called to an address in Hammond Road, Woking, at about 02:50 BST on Thursday following a safety concern.
Det Ch Ins Debbie White said it was "a devastating incident".
Police had identified a number of individuals they would like to speak to and were not looking for anyone else, she said.
A spokesperson for the force said no-one else had been injured.

This is so sad. Hope it's not another parental abuse case :( Moo
Do we know the adults who lived there were her parents? To me it's unclear if the child was theirs, or if their child, if the parents were home at the time.

From the article:

"She was found after police officers were called to an address in Hammond Road, Woking, at about 02:50 BST on Thursday following a safety concern."

and then:

"The deceased girl's family have been informed and are being supported by specially trained officers."

jmo

Do we know the adults who lived there were her parents? It's unclear if the child was theirs, or if their child, if the parents were home at the time.

"The deceased girl's family have been informed and are being supported by specially trained officers."

Apparently the family whose house it is are from Pakistan, so I'm wondering if they were extended family of the girl: cousins, uncles, aunts etc.

That would make the quotes in the media make sense.

Also, another thought: is 10 years old too young for an 'honour killing' type of thing?

Quoted from the article above.

Neighbours said that a Pakistani family with six 'very young' children moved into the house in April.

They are a Pakistani family that moved in about five months ago. I don't know where from, but the husband works as a taxi driver, and they have three or four kids.

it does seem strange that two neighbours give a different number of children. Where were the parents and other children? Why would a 10 year old not be with them.

“We have identified three people we would like to speak to in connection with our investigation, and from our inquiries, we believe that they left the country on Wednesday 9 August. We are working with our partners, including international authorities, to locate them.

International manhunt launched for three wanted over murder of 10-year-old girl - as police reveal they fled Britain HOURS before her body was found in Woking house​

‘I would like to reiterate that we do not believe there to be any risk to the wider public at this time. We will continue to provide updates as and when we are able to.'

I cannot at the moment work out what might have happened. Was a 10 year old girl living with 3 men? Where were her family? In reports it has been stated her family were informed about her death so presumably the police know where they are .

Last edited:

Woking murder inquiry: Trio sought over death of girl, 10, have left UK, police​

Three people detectives want to speak to over the death of a 10-year-old girl in Woking are believed to have left the UK, police have said.

The girl's body was found after police officers were called to an address in Hammond Road, Woking, at about 02:50 BST on Thursday following a safety concern.

Det Ch Insp Debbie White said it was "a devastating incident".

The three people are believed to have left the UK on Wednesday.

Det Ch Insp White said: "We have identified three people we would like to speak to in connection with our investigation and from our enquiries, we believe that they left the country on Wednesday, 9 August. We are working with our partners, including international authorities, to locate them."

A spokesperson for the force said no-one else had been injured, and no arrests had been made. A post-mortem examination will be carried out on Tuesday.

House-to-house inquiries were being conducted on Friday, and police said they will maintain a presence at the scene over the coming week.

[...]

Woking murder inquiry: Trio sought over death of girl, 10, have left UK, police​

Three people detectives want to speak to over the death of a 10-year-old girl in Woking are believed to have left the UK, police have said.

The girl's body was found after police officers were called to an address in Hammond Road, Woking, at about 02:50 BST on Thursday following a safety concern.

Det Ch Insp White said: "We have identified three people we would like to speak to in connection with our investigation and from our enquiries, we believe that they left the country on Wednesday, 9 August. We are working with our partners, including international authorities, to locate them."

A spokesperson for the force said no-one else had been injured, and no arrests had been made. A post-mortem examination will be carried out on Tuesday.

House-to-house inquiries were being conducted on Friday, and police said they will maintain a presence at the scene over the coming week.

[...]

I wonder who contacted the police at 0:.2:50 am .What was it that gave a cause for concern? According to a statement reported in the media ,the next door neighbours were only aware of a problem when they saw police vehicles in the road . He gave the reason for his son and him being awake at that time was that they had taken his wife away for her holiday, I presume this was to the airport.

[...]

What are people doing bringing harm to a child, not that any human should, but an innocent girl with her whole life ahead of her. Very concerning again imo police were called at 3am. No one is accidentally awake at that time. And to cold bloodedly straight away leave the country?! I am dreading further details and almost hope we don’t hear them. Rest in peace little sweetheart. I hope all measures are taken to take those monsters away from the freedom
They do not deserve.

What are people doing bringing harm to a child, not that any human should, but an innocent girl with her whole life ahead of her. Very concerning again imo police were called at 3am. No one is accidentally awake at that time. And to cold bloodedly straight away leave the country?! I am dreading further details and almost hope we don’t hear them. Rest in peace little sweetheart. I hope all measures are taken to take those monsters away from the freedom
They do not deserve.
The impression seems to be that the child was hurt/killed earlier but whoever called for help waited until the people who caused the harm fled the country. JMO :(

jmo

So desperately sad. I don’t disagree. Important not to stereotype but it does have other things in common with gender based violence/honour killings imo. I can’t imagine two parents fleeing and leaving five other kids behind so it does fit with others being involved. Jmo

The impression seems to be that the child was hurt/killed earlier but whoever called for help waited until the people who caused the harm fled the country. JMO :(

jmo
Why were the police contacted in the early hours of the morning? Was it a phone call from abroad? Were the rest of the family abroad and expecting their daughter to be brought to them by other family members/friends?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member