UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also like to add I do remember seeing lights in the field a couple of nights before arrest too, it's just reminded me, I would describe them as phone lights 2 of them, at the time I thought kids or those lights that you strap to your head, so my other thought was dog walkers, it was dark and its pitch black over there at night, its making me wonder now, this would have been Saturday or Sunday night

I keep coming back to this CCTV footage which is really spooking me: https://livetrains.co.uk/jamCams/archive/00001.03901/vid/1614808846.mp4

I have been watching the movements of the driver and passenger (car in the front left) on repeat: it doesn't look at all like normal movements from the driver stopped at a red light, and to me it appears as though the passenger in the back is trying to escape / lean out of the window.

As the WS said earlier, the timings do appear to fit... Absolutely horrible if this is SE trying to escape / get help from the passengers in the adjacent cars. Makes me want to cry at the thought of it.

The only other thing it could be, could be a dog in the back and the owner in the front trying to deal with it then the dog sticks its head out of the window? I know its not likely to be that, but thought it worth considering.

As I posted previously a local has suggested that the spare number plates recovered are unconnected to the SE case
Hi, I've been following this discussion as am local to Clapham, I have just joined so I can post, as I have read a few times about the recovered number plates. I'm on the local news group where these were originally mentioned in relation to a vintage car theft. I don't think they ended up as linked to the vintage car theft. It is possible they were reported to the police at the time, I don't know. However as they have been mentioned here a few times I went back and checked the thread where they appeared. I have sent a screen shot to the police of the plates, and the road the poster said they were found, as looking on a map I noticed they were found on a road between Nine Elms where WC worked and Clapham Common. They were not found on Rodenhurst (which is the area of the vintage car theft) So they have now been reported to LE in case they are relevant. Hope that helps and thank you all for the discussion.

Edited by me
I would also like to add I do remember seeing lights in the field a couple of nights before arrest too, it's just reminded me, I would describe them as phone lights 2 of them, at the time I thought kids or those lights that you strap to your head, so my other thought was dog walkers, it was dark and its pitch black over there at night, its making me wonder now, this would have been Saturday or Sunday night
Have you told the police? If not, please tell them asap.

This may be, as you say, simply dog walkers but have you mentioned it to the police? If I have understood your timings correctly, SE was missing at that point...

I hate to say it but I think there is the possibility of more remains MOO.

I feel there is more as well. I wonder if they have found items in the house relating to other missing women which is keeping the thorough search going? Or because they realise they messed up by not dealing with the IE incident properly they are just being more cautious and want to be seen to be doing everything possible? JMO

this would tie in with the timescale of WC having been under surveillance for a few days before arrest. Sounds like police have arranged to use the other house you mention as an access point/base for low key investigating before the arrest. I wonder if he was working at the time you saw the lights in the field. Night time would be a strange time to choose to search for anything but if that’s the only time he was out of the house it will have been their only option so as not to tip him off. JMO

Open question to legal minds of WS:

Should WC be charged, would his Defence team look at using all the Trial by media and online comments which pretty much have declared WC guilty before being charged, even though we haven't seen any of the evidence? To say that their client has no chance of a fair trial. I'm not sure if that Defence has worked at all in the past.

As an example, there are many comments in this series of threads that talks about WC as though he is definitely guilty, without using the words 'allegedly' or 'suspect' etc. even though no one here has seen any of the evidence.

That is a good point after the media frenzy and publishing names and photos. Although this was after he had been arrested and it was public knowledge. I notice both the Mail and the Sun are now using "allegedly" a lot. I am not a professional legal mind - but would think if they have hard evidence to convict then any publicity would not water that down (but his legal team might try).

I know people are guessing that there could be multiple bodies, but is it possible that it is such a big and thorough investigation (all bases covered) because the met police are being judged by the whole world on this. They cannot miss anything, and they cannot overlook anything, because it will be scrutinized more than any other case at the moment. Also, there is a police officer involved and the ramifications for him, his family, his colleagues etc is so great if they get it even slightly wrong. JMO

Yes totally agree, this is highly embarrassing for them and the best possible course of action is to wrap up his conviction quickly and not leave anything to chance. Personally, I would be very surprised if he'd been hiding bodies close to home for so long. It's not impossible of course but unlikely I'd say.

So we have an IE incident days before Sarah went missing, unconfirmed (?) reports of an ambulance being outside of WC property a couple of days before his arrest, WC sustains a head injury in custody (self inflicted JMO and I’m sure most other share the same opinion) and we now have multiple search sites, with the searches stepping up despite remains already being found. I acknowledge that evidence still needs to be found relating to Sarah, but I can’t help but think that the search activity would be the same or less (and not more), now that remains have been found.

JMO but what I take from this is that WC was unravelling in the days up to and including Sarah’s disappearance, perhaps more brazen in his approach and a higher frequency of incidents of IE, and that the alleged ambulance outside of his property could have been called by his wife due to concerns for his welfare because of the unravelling.

Part of me can’t help but think that this is his first murder, because he has been very sloppy and you’d think that with this approach, he would have been found sooner if he had committed multiple murders.
That said, the fact that the search sites have increased and seemingly police activity at these sites has increased also, it tells me that they aren’t just looking for evidence relating to Sarah, but perhaps more remains.
I wonder if he is unravelling in custody and informing police of historical attacks?

I've a feeling this latest update will be significant!
I would have thought the Police would have searched the field directly behind the house before now, will be interesting if they have found something there!
I'm really puzzled by the way there is still such large scale searches going on in separate locations. They have found the body , what else could they be spending so much manpower and time searching for? A phone maybe?

Maybe we need to look at it another way. They have found “remains” but these could be v hard to get an identity from eg burned in a huge fire but then remains of that fire then also scattered, I shudder at the thought but it would be quite effective - especially if the area is also a place where farmers have dumped dead sheep in the past.

This would need a lot of forensics on site not because of multiple human bodies (I really hope not) but just because trying to sift through the assorted fragments to find eg enough human teeth to create a set, is a laborious task. Unless they can identify her then linking him to her disappearance is going to be tricky if they have literally nothing else other than a number plate identification of him being in the vicinity at her disappearance.

The searches at other locations might just be fishing expeditions essentially searching anywhere they think WC knows or that they have location data evidence for him having visited. They might be looking for anywhere that would have her DNA - again if it was found in a place he had been then it could only have come from him.

Although the tunnels searches are concerning me. If recent location data had suggested they were visited by WC since SE was missing then I would imagine they would have been searched sooner? I am hoping they are just searching there as a precautionary measure as maybe family members identified them as somewhere he knows?

As I said, this all just supposition. But while my brain leaps to the worst conclusions I have to keep challenging these thoughts with potentially more rational explanations (ie these are sort of belt and braces routine searches; the difficulty in identifying her body is the reason for the numbers of police on site in Great Chart?).

I would certainly report this. Could be nothing, could be something. Thanks for the updates, they are so helpful.

I keep coming back to this CCTV footage which is really spooking me: https://livetrains.co.uk/jamCams/archive/00001.03901/vid/1614808846.mp4

I have been watching the movements of the driver and passenger (car in the front left) on repeat: it doesn't look at all like normal movements from the driver stopped at a red light, and to me it appears as though the passenger in the back is trying to escape / lean out of the window.

As the WS said earlier, the timings do appear to fit... Absolutely horrible if this is SE trying to escape / get help from the passengers in the adjacent cars. Makes me want to cry at the thought of it.

I’ve also watched this a few times, I see what you’re saying and you could be right but the movement on the back window is also synonymous with the lights of the vehicle approaching from behind.

Perhaps I just don’t want to believe that is Sarah because it’s too chilling to think about :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hardsaf