UK UK - Sheila Fox, 6, Bolton England, 18 Aug 1944

@Richard Sheila Fox and Joan Croft are two 1940s cases that really haunt me.
1*O1_xCsAUncfHP4pcQbfBxA.jpeg

Joan Gay Croft, age 4, Missing since 9 April 1947 from Woodward, Oklahoma

LINK:

I hope we will find out what happened to Joan and Sheila, but we currently have no idea where their remains might be :(

My Nan thinks it was someone either exempt from serving in the war or someone too old to, as she said most men round that area were deployed at the time.

Mr Richard Ryan (b1924), who lived on Barton Road. Sheila lived on MacDonald Avenue, literally within spitting distance. She would have seen him or recognise him. He lived close enough to be able to groom her... and he was 20 years old.

Late to these quotes, but it would be interesting to know if RR was enlisted (and present in town) at the time of Sheila’s disappearance. If he wasn’t enlisted, why not?

Late to these quotes, but it would be interesting to know if RR was enlisted (and present in town) at the time of Sheila’s disappearance. If he wasn’t enlisted, why not?
It is a very close knit small community here. The people that live here are generally generations upon generations. I will do some digging in the form of speaking to neighbours etc. Don't want to dox myself obviously but I am in the immediate area.

It is a very close knit small community here. The people that live here are generally generations upon generations. I will do some digging in the form of speaking to neighbours etc. Don't want to dox myself obviously but I am in the immediate area.
Do you think Sheila's story could ever be told in a book, tele series or movie?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle
Back