GUILTY UK - Sinead Wooding, 26, murdered, Leeds, West Yorkshire, 14 May 2017

Also, the IPCC are investigating:

West Yorkshire Police referred the matter to the IPCC shortly afterwards, as Ms Wooding had made a 999 call to West Yorkshire Police on May 10.

Today the IPCC confirmed it had decided to independently investigate the force's response to this call, and any subsequent actions taken by police up to the discovery of her body.

Read more at: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....tions-prior-to-leeds-woman-s-murder-1-8597408

Here Legally - it was said she called police on 10th (Weds).

So the party was on 11th (Thurs) and police showed up in response to her call on 13th (Sat).

Her body was kept in a cellar for two days before being transported to woodland near a lane in Alwoodley, north Leeds, where it was set on fire, the jury heard.

Prosecutor Nicholas Campbell QC said the body had been wrapped in a duvet and trussed up with wire before being doused with petrol.
She told the jury the smouldering remains were discovered on Stairfoot Lane at about 09:00 BST on Sunday 14 May by students on a run.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-42029799

They moved her body to the woods in the early hours of 14th, following the police visit.

Sinead Wooding was planning to leave her husband Akshar Ali, who is accused of her murder.

"It was not a good relationship at all," her friend Anayh Makama told Leeds Crown Court. "He was being controlling."

[...]

Referring to Ms Wooding's relationship with Mr Ali, Ms Makama explained: "She was not allowed to my house, to go anywhere, or to have friends at her home. She had had enough and she wanted to leave."

She told the court she had gone house-hunting with Ms Wooding on 11 May, but that was the last time she saw her.

[...]

The court was also shown photographs of bruising to Miss Wooding's arms and eye that she said had alleged were caused by Mr Ali assaulting her.

The couple's relationship had soured following a disagreement over naming their baby son and Mr Ali's desire to take the child abroad, the court heard.

Ms Makama said: "They wanted to take the baby back to Pakistan but [Sinead] wasn't allowed to go. She was very upset. I told her to tell the police."

​http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-42029804

I wonder if that photo of bruising was taken by the friend or Sinead herself. Being doused in petrol and set on fire I'd be surprised if bruising on the body was still apparent.

Very hard to find decent reporting of this case.

Three witnesses today per lawpages. No reports that I can find.

I can't find anything from yesterday either. From today (I think):

Days before he is alleged to have murdered his wife, a man was badgering another woman for sex, a court heard.

Akshar Ali sent a torrent of texts to Amy Morgan, who was living temporarily with his best friend Yasmin Ahmed.

Mr Ali, 27, of Scott Hall Road, Leeds, and Miss Ahmed, 27, of Reginald Mount, Potternewton, both deny murdering 26-year-old Sinead Wooding in May.

Leeds Crown Court heard how Mr Ali sent a lengthy series of texts urging Miss Morgan to meet him for sex.

It led to a furious response from Miss Ahmed, who accused her friend of sleeping with him, something that Miss Morgan repeatedly denied.

She told the jury: "I have never slept with him. She is the one having a sexual relationship with him, not me.

"She was telling everybody that she had been sleeping with him since she was 15."

Miss Morgan rejected a suggestion by Tahir Khan QC, defending, that she was lying.

She added that she never met Ms Wooding, who had "fallen out" with Mr Ali.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-england-leeds-42084525

I wonder if this was premeditated. Strange to do it at a party when anyone could have walked in, but then again it would be unusual to have a hammer at the ready, in someone else's house, unless it was just laying around.

If there was a plan (which wouldn't surprise me, or at least discussed it) I don't think this was the plan.

They seem to have been acting on the hoof.

Maybe the hammer was used after the initial attack.

A young mother allegedly beaten and stabbed to death was "struck while kneeling", a court heard.

A jury heard that the cellar of the house had been swept and the walls wiped down.
There had also been an attempt to clean up a large bloodstain in the centre of the cellar floor.
Blood traces were also found on a mop head, a brush and other debris inside a wheelie bin. Ms Walton was able to link it to Ms Wooding via DNA profiling.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-42114637

Why did the police not go to her that night? Why three days later? This makes me so angry. She must have been so scared.

Why did the police not go to her that night? Why three days later? This makes me so angry. She must have been so scared.
It's unbelievable. I expect the visit was just a box ticking exercise. They referred themselves to the IPCC and no doubt we will hear that lessons will have been learned.

YA missing from the court listing today, and no trial update. Can only think she may have been ill and case was postponed today.

YA missing from the court listing today, and no trial update. Can only think she may have been ill and case was postponed today.

Thanks for the updates. Its strange reading a case in the UK. Our country is nowhere near as public as places like the US. Its like the judicial system and serious crimes are not important enough to give a daily report of the trial. I love how transparent most other countries are with hearings, autopsy results and trials.

Nothing we hadn't already heard in the prosecution opening speech - I presume this is a report from today.

Miss Gunning, a student who lived next door to Ms Ahmed, told the jury she was awakened by slamming car doors.
She said she looked out of her bedroom window after hearing noises at about 01:00 BST on 14 May.

Minutes later she saw a man in a hoodie and a woman carrying "what appeared to be a body" wrapped in a covering.
"One of them was at the head end. One of them was at the feet end," she said.
"It looked awkward. They weren't overly struggling with the weight."
Ms Gunning said it was placed in the boot of a Volkswagen car that had been manoeuvred close to the back of Ms Ahmed's home.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-42170143

Did Miss Gunning tell the police she had seen "what appeared to be a body" being put in a car boot? I mean, who moves a roll of carpet or any other 2-man-job item in the middle of the night, unless it's well dodge?

Thursday:
Leeds Crown Court 4 T20177361T20177453
T20177447
Akshar Ali
Aktahr Bi
Asim Ali
Vicky Marie Briggs
Yasmin Ahmed
Details: Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:15 - 10:10
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 10:23
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:40 - 10:27
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 10:50
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 12:00 - 11:41
Trial (Part Heard) - Legal Submissions - 12:29
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:00 - 12:36

Friday:
T20177447
Akshar Ali
Aktahr Bi
Asim Ali
Vicky Marie Briggs
Yasmin Ahmed
Details: Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 25 Continues - 10:18
Trial (Part Heard) - No Event - 11:43
Trial (Part Heard) - No Event - 11:51
Trial (Part Heard) - No Event - 12:39
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:05 - 12:52
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 27 Sworn - 14:09
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:30 - 15:28

Today:
Leeds 4 T20177361T20177453
T20177447
Akshar Ali
Aktahr Bi
Asim Ali
Vicky Marie Briggs
Yasmin Ahmed
Details: - No Information To Display -
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 10:24
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 27 Continues - 10:38
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 27 Continues - 11:27
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 11:15 - 12:08
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 27 Continues - 12:20
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:05 - 13:02
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 14:04
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 27 Continues - 14:07

I'm not sure we'll get any more reporting till the verdict.

Akshar Ali was interviewed eight times over four days by homicide detectives.

Asked directly if he was responsible for murdering Sinead Wooding or if he knew who was responsible, he said "no".

[...]

During police interviews Mr Ali rocked back and forth in his chair.''

Leeds Crown Court was told that the couple had argued at a house party at Ms Ahmed's home on 11 May.

Mr Ali claimed that Ms Wooding, who was "really badly drunk", walked out, saying she was going to a friend's.

He said no violence occurred and he left shortly afterwards.

At one point he "had a breakdown. I couldn't stop crying. My wife had not come home.

"It was dark. Someone could have kidnapped her. Anything could have happened. My head's been all over the place."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-42241462

Yesterday:

T20177447
Akshar Ali
Aktahr Bi
Asim Ali
Vicky Marie Briggs
Yasmin Ahmed
Details: Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 28 Sworn - 10:38
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 28 Continues - 11:20
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:15 - 13:11
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 14:13
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 28 Continues - 14:19
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness evidence concluded - 14:50
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:00 - 16:21

Today:

T20177447
Akshar Ali
Aktahr Bi
Asim Ali
Vicky Marie Briggs
Yasmin Ahmed
Details: Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 10:01
Trial (Part Heard) - Prosecution Case - 10:06
Trial (Part Heard) - Legal Submissions - 13:03
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:10 - 13:04
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 14:08
Trial (Part Heard) - Legal Submissions - 16:11
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:00 - 16:23

http://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearings-lists/crown-court-daily/33/lists/2017-12-05

It looks like at least one of the defendants is going to give evidence, hopefully a reporter or two will pop down.

T20177447
Akshar Ali
Aktahr Bi
Asim Ali
Vicky Marie Briggs
Yasmin Ahmed
Details: Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 10:02
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 12:40 - 12:35
Trial (Part Heard) - Defendant Sworn - 12:46
Trial (Part Heard) - Legal Submissions - 13:00
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:05 - 13:01