Found Deceased UK - Susan McLean, 61, U.S. tourist, Aberfeldy, Scotland, 17 May 2015

Was she in Scotland alone...I cannot seem to find information on how long she was at the hotel, if she knew anyone in Scotland and who she was traveling with...........sorry if I missed this info.

Was she in Scotland alone...I cannot seem to find information on how long she was at the hotel, if she knew anyone in Scotland and who she was traveling with...........sorry if I missed this info.

she was there with her husband and two adult sons, i think you can probably find it towards the front of the thread........they were scheduled to be in scotland on holiday for two weeks......i don't believe they knew anyone there iirc......hope that helps :seeya:

eta........these might help:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/05/susan_mclean_missing_scotland.html
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/05/monroe_township_woman_missing.html

Impressive that this police department immediately got involved. Far too often, we don't see any help, even with teenagers. Hats off to this team!!!!

thank you to everyone for the links.......

where are you susan????? this case is on my mind so often, so perplexing......

:rose: susan......holding onto hope

I wonder if any of the "ongoing" ailments required medication?

Is it possible she is alive but doesn't know who she is?

I wonder if any of the "ongoing" ailments required medication?

Is it possible she is alive but doesn't know who she is?

Well, I think it's pretty rural around there, I'm sure everyone in the area must know that there is an American woman missing. Could she have got lost in the countryside?......if so I find it hard to believe that they didn't find her on the searches, also it was quite late when she went missing....why would she go walking in the dark ? There seems to be very little to go on, the police don't seem to have much info.

Well, I think it's pretty rural around there, I'm sure everyone in the area must know that there is an American woman missing. Could she have got lost in the countryside?......if so I find it hard to believe that they didn't find her on the searches, also it was quite late when she went missing....why would she go walking in the dark ? There seems to be very little to go on, the police don't seem to have much info.

i agree with all of your points ellie b and have thought the same......i'd be inclined to think it was posssibly pre-planned on her part except for the fact that they were with their adult sons......i can't imagine her involving them directly........if it had only been her and her husband on the trip then okay.....there might have been difficulties no one was aware of, but to disappear when they were along as well and could possibly be named a suspect? i don't think so..........

the searches seem so thorough though.....i can't imagine that they have missed her although it's possible.........

very perplexing........:thinking:

Hi All
Just joined this forum on the back of the Susan Mclean disappearance. I live in Aberfeldy so have been witness to all the police presence here and heard all the chatter about town from the locals. On top of that I have been out with my dogs very afternoon for the last ten days for up to three hours at a time, searching in the woods hills and derelict out buildings. One of the dogs is a hound with an excellent nose. More later

well, i've went to all the links in this thread and searched for updates to no avail :(

:rose: susan.....holding onto hope

Hi All
Just joined this forum on the back of the Susan Mclean disappearance. I live in Aberfeldy so have been witness to all the police presence here and heard all the chatter about town from the locals. On top of that I have been out with my dogs very afternoon for the last ten days for up to three hours at a time, searching in the woods hills and derelict out buildings. One of the dogs is a hound with an excellent nose. More later
oh hello! :seeya: so good to get a local perspective! will look forward to hearing from you......this case has stuck with me.........thanks..........

:welcome6::welcome::greetings:

Just to answer a few questions that others on the forum have been raising...
On the night Susan disappeared, about 7:45 it was raining pretty steadily but definitely not dark, in fact it doesn't get fully dark here until 10pm so she had plenty of daylight to find her way home. A neighbour of mine was driving up the Crieff A826 road that evening to pick up his wife from work and offered her a lift because of the rain, but she said no. This has not been reported in any newspapers. Also this whole are is full of dense forests, steep cliffs and hills, disused quarries and many many many mountain tracks so very easy to get lost and stay lost. Impossible for aerial views and highly difficult terrain for thorough search as many places are unreachable by vehicle.

Welcome, hippy hippy!!

Bless your neighbour for offering her a lift - did he say what time that was, and if she seemed ok??

Any other local info about sightings etc?

Having a good look at the map. I doubt she was going anywhere specific, wonder if there had been some sort of argument and she went to clear her head, would explain why she didn't accept a lift. Looking at where the garden centre is (where she was seen at 8pm) it looks as though there's a track, maybe an old railway line, that runs parallel-ish to the road, could she have headed down there? So many trees, would be impossible to see anything from the air. Surely they'd have had heat seeker choppers out looking for her fairly quickly?

hippy.........the fact that your neighbor that offered her the ride was a man might have made her hesitant to accept......it would me .......wonder why she would head out in the rain for a walk, seems odd, i walk in the rain at times, but not in an area i'm not familiar with.......so good point ajc, maybe there WAS an argument......

so perplexing

In the rain, and down a road which basically goes nowhere very quickly. I wondered if she might have nipped out for cigs or something, but there was nothing in the direction she was going, except the garden centre which one would assume would be closed at that time. She obviously didn't go back to the hotel or CCTV would have caught her, and she was heading south it would seem.

Now, did she wander into the woods and either get hurt, fall ill, or commit suicide? Or did she accept a lift and come to harm somehow? Or did she run away and is somewhere safe gathering her thoughts? I wonder who planned the holiday, was there a reason for her to want to come to Scotland and maybe stay here? If not, I fear for her in that wilderness.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back