Found Deceased UK - Victoria Cherry, 44, Fulwood, Lancs, Oct 2015 *Arrest*

CoverMeCagney

Reaction score
Police investigating the disappearance of a woman who went missing more than a year ago have discovered a body.

Victoria Cherry, 44, from Fulwood, Lancashire, was last seen in October 2015. A Greater Manchester Police spokesman said officers had found a body after searching a property in Bolton on Monday.

A 43-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...spicion-murder-police-find-body-hunt-missing/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-suspicion-murdering-missing-grandmother.html

Good grief. Sounds like she had been in this property for over a year? Deceased all that time?

Will be interesting why this address was only now searched.

Good grief. Sounds like she had been in this property for over a year? Deceased all that time?

Will be interesting why this address was only now searched.

It says in the Mail article, the police received a tip-off.

Victoria is my friend's mother. My heart is breaking for them. I hope the focus remains on this woman's life being cut short and not her past.

What I would like to put out there is that in the past 24hrs or so I have seen some vicious comments (not here) about her family not reporting her missing sooner and obviously don't care etc etc and I will, hand on heart, say that Victoria's daughter is without a shadow of a doubt one of the most compassionate, caring, genuine people I have ever had the pleasure to know and an exceptional mother to her children and her family are her number one priority. Nothing was due to not caring.

The 43 year old arrested has been named as Andrew Reade (from Toronto Street, Bolton, which I think is where Victoria's body was found), and he has now been charged with preventing the burial of a body and perverting the course of justice.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/man-charged-following-discovery-body-12474849

ChuckieD, is this man known to the family? Doesn't sound like they think he killed Victoria. Maybe she died naturally and he has kept her body there.

Yes, he is known to them.

Maybe they can't tell how she died as she's been there so long.

"A SERIES of failings led to delays in discovering the decomposing body of a woman in a boiler cupboard and prevented anyone being brought to justice over her potential murder.

A Domestic Homicide Review published this week revealed that Lancashire Police and other agencies involved with Victoria Cherry and her partner Andrew Reade did not consider the possibility of domestic abuse.

Ms Cherry moved to accommodation for homeless adults in Blackburn in February 2012 – and two years later began a relationship with Reade, who also lived there and had a significant criminal history, including for domestic violence."

Victoria Cherry death: Series of failings prevented discovery of body in cupboard

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tattooed_crybaby22
Back