Unarmed 19 Year Old Killed by Police - Family Sues for $120 Million

I think it must be excruciating for the family to ever believe that their loving, handsome 19 yr old son could have wanted to make it happen like this. So I do not really blame them for trying to make it be a different scenario. But I hope as the facts come in, that they begin to look at it rationally, and realize it was a tragic chain of events/ :rose:

It looked like suicide by cop to me too. :(

He apparently told the dispatcher that he was armed and I only watched that clip once (and my eyes aren't so great) but it looked like he went into that stance at least twice, where it looked like he was pointing a gun. When he approached that blue car it looked like a pretty critical situation. I feel bad for his family, really a tragic situation, but I hope that the suit goes nowhere.

ETA- I wonder if there was an autopsy. . .I would be curious about toxicology.

What do you all think?
Need to catch up on the background of this tragedy. However, based upon your description, my first thought is this young man was mentally ill and his death was a result of suicide by cop.

Eta ~ one thing notable on his FB, is that he apparently went through a breakup sometime in January ( link ) Cannot help but to wonder if that was, in some way, a precipitating factor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back