Unsolved Mysteries: Tiffany Valiante

Yes it’s true. Not only that but the black t shirt she was wearing when the train hit her body was put in a plastic bag and grew mould and rendered forensically useless. There is even more evidence that was mishandled. This isn’t suicide - it’s slapdash handling of evidence that is has created the false outcome of suicide. <modsnip> #tiffanyvaliant
I agree with she it wasn’t suicide

Last edited by a moderator:
Also it was the transut police that was investigating I don’t feel like this was covered all the way if anything think the local and state police should have been on this or the right Authority just saying

Yup. This is just open and shut. Girl with a history of psychological problems and stealing gets busted stealing from friends. Had a breakup the same week. Has fight with parents over the stealing. Probably feels ashamed/distraught/worthless that her friends/family will now hate her. Has a breakdown and acts erratically and then jumps in front of a train. With a witness.

Not an iota of hard evidence was presented that this was anything but a suicide. Nothing but speculation and denial.

I was annoyed the case was covered, and annoyed about how the case was covered. They went out of their way to present her as a totally happy person with absolutely zero reason to kill herself, when apparently she had a history of self-harm, stealing, had been in counselling for serious physical altercations with her mother.

I feel for the family who lost their obviously treasured daughter but there isn't anything mysterious here.
Could not agree more.
It is apparently, in the other articles that have been posted on this thread it's stated that the transit cops misplaced an axe with what looked to be blood on it.
Wow. Really crappy police work. I wouldn't doubt if the axe was important in a separate case.
I watched the episode about Tiffany. Firstly another tragic loss of a young person with their life ahead of them full of promise. So very sad. Which makes me heavily lean to the opinion that there was no suicide. Having read the article above which was excellent, I feel that if she planned to commit suicide she would have left a note. She decorated her bedroom door with loving messages and seemed to be quite extraverted, enjoying communicating with friends and family in various ways, and active on social media, why would she suddenly withdraw and not communicate her thought processes to her parents/friends or come to a solution to anything troubling her. She doesn't seem like a quitter at all either very evident in her successes at school. Also, her activities and success at school and on the volleyball court do not point to a person under prolonged mental stress or physical abuse. She surely would have started failing and underperforming and would not have achieved a scholarship. The autopsy by a very experienced professional concluded her arms were cut off. This autopsy can't be ignored. I don't feel that she would have gone through with a suicide. She had self harmed a couple of times, but clearly not to the point of hospitalisation or a threat to her health. She clearly valued her health and wellbeing and was looking positively toward the future, making fun plans even for the next few days. As the article said, it seemed that if the scenario was to be believed, she went out of her way to commit an uncommon form of suicide. I don't feel that she would have been comfortable walking in the dark in absolute pitch blackness with her phobia, and waiting for a train in the dark with her phobia, without her clothes on. It sounds just too crazy. There was no sign of intoxication or drug intake in her body, which you would think she might have taken prior to a suicide. IMO the circumstances reek of foul play. For a teenager to comfortably come out as gay while achieving a competitive scholarship tells me she was indeed a brave soul who worked towards carving out a bright future for herself. She was clearly positive and had the ability to overcome setbacks which also earned her a scholarship. It does sound like she had some secrets, and where some teens shoplift, she obviously had an issue with the credit cards and somehow not having spending money which I don't understand (did she not have a teen job?) - but I don't believe these few petty thefts in her history would be a cause to enact all of the above and commit suicide. Noone was getting an insurance payout here. There are people here who know more and eventually won't be able to live with themselves for not coming forward. Time will reveal many more secrets here, friendships will fail, people's morals break down further and revealing the truth is the only thing that can set many people free. I do also think that the train drivers were mainly trying to protect themselves and their careers - they were not driving the train in the safest manner including having backs turned and the fact that the black box recorded that no warning signal was given. A degree of liability was there and they should have stopped beforehand. And that her body was placed in the darkest area of the tracks - no coincidence. The perpetrators know the train tracks well IMO.
I find your post interesting - I feel like you are sort of putting all teenagers in one box, using a reference point of like one teenager you know or something lol. NO harm/meanness intended with that statement! Your post was interesting for me to read & your opinion is of course valid. Just gonna go through and write my replies to different aspects of your post :)

Sooooo many people who commit suicide do not leave a note. Not leaving a note does not mean it was not a suicide.

As a teenager, I had tons of handwritten notes on my bedroom walls, etc. When I attempted, I didn't leave a note. I didn't know what to say - nothing felt like the right thing to say. Suicide can also be impulsive, especially in teenagers. When you're that young, you don't have context and reference to truly know how big or small the current problem you're facing is. These problems easily could've seemed insurmountable to a young girl like Tiffany. Your reputation can feel like it's everything as a teenage girl, and perhaps she was terrified of being known as a "thief", on top of heartbreak from the breakup.

Many teens do not have jobs.

Teenagers who are LGBTQ+ have a higher rate of suicide.

“Her case caught the attention of Marie McGovern and Martin Dunn, two former journalists at the New York Daily News who are planning a “multipart” series on the story. Both have produced content featured on HBO and Fox.”

Could not agree more.

Wow. Really crappy police work. I wouldn't doubt if the axe was important in a separate case.

I find your post interesting - I feel like you are sort of putting all teenagers in one box, using a reference point of like one teenager you know or something lol. NO harm/meanness intended with that statement! Your post was interesting for me to read & your opinion is of course valid. Just gonna go through and write my replies to different aspects of your post :)

Sooooo many people who commit suicide do not leave a note. Not leaving a note does not mean it was not a suicide.

As a teenager, I had tons of handwritten notes on my bedroom walls, etc. When I attempted, I didn't leave a note. I didn't know what to say - nothing felt like the right thing to say. Suicide can also be impulsive, especially in teenagers. When you're that young, you don't have context and reference to truly know how big or small the current problem you're facing is. These problems easily could've seemed insurmountable to a young girl like Tiffany. Your reputation can feel like it's everything as a teenage girl, and perhaps she was terrified of being known as a "thief", on top of heartbreak from the breakup.

Many teens do not have jobs.

Teenagers who are LGBTQ+ have a higher rate of suicide.

Yeah, I think people don't really understand suicide very well and expect it to be some sort of organized event like in a novel. And that just isn't how it often is - you're dealing with people in a mental health crisis and they act erratically and don't necessarily leave a note or even necessarily have planned the action until they make an impulsive move.

In this case, the deceased ticks basically every box for high suicide risk :

- LGBTQ teenager
- history of mental health issues and self-harming
- recent breakup
- recent separate traumatic event in their life (caught stealing from friends)

And the thing you can't get past here is *there is a witness*. The conductor of the train saw the deceased jump in front of the train.

There was probably some shoddy police work by an agency who weren't equipped to handle cases like this, but this is just such an obvious suicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back