UPDATED:Casey Death Penalty Case Hard To Make At This Time

I agree, while circumstantial evidence isn't as good as a witness or a confession, they don't call it evidence for nothing. It's mainly evidence that doesn't add up to much one piece at a time, but you wollop someone with a while mountain of circumstantial evidence and it can be damning.

Excellent post!

I am so glad to see many others that do agree with me on this one! We had a case similar to this in terms of no body etc. on a wife murdered by her H and with a whole lot of circumstantial evidence they nailed him!

Many times juries can look beyond no body, confession etc. because they can take in the totality of the circumstantially built evidence package and it comes to be a very strong case for murder! I will just bet that OSCO in conjunction with the FBI has worked /is working very hard with state prosecutors and have pulled together such a case against Casey A.

Excellent post!

I am so glad to see many others that do agree with me on this one! We had a case similar to this in terms of no body etc. on a wife murdered by her H and with a whole lot of circumstantial evidence they nailed him!

Many times juries can look beyond no body, confession etc. because they can take in the totality of the circumstantially built evidence package and it comes to be a very strong case for murder! I will just bet that OSCO in conjunction with the FBI has worked /is working very hard with state prosecutors and have pulled together such a case against Casey A.

ITA. I wonder if the FBI would've gotten involved if the A's hadn't requested interviews with them???

I agree, while circumstantial evidence isn't as good as a witness or a confession, they don't call it evidence for nothing. It's mainly evidence that doesn't add up to much one piece at a time, but you wollop someone with a while mountain of circumstantial evidence and it can be damning.

From what I understand, eyewitness testimony is the LEAST reliable evidence there is.

From what I understand, eyewitness testimony is the LEAST reliable evidence there is.

Yes! I've heard that many times. I've heard prosecutors say "give me a circumstantial case any day". Human recollection can be very fragile and unstable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back