Urgent:The FCC Won't Help KlaasKids Find the Missing./FCC Finally Provides Answer

Love ya, each and everyone of ya, I do.

I sent my letter 2 times last night and again just now .It wont go thru .It says undelivered mail returned to sender .is anyone else having this problem ? TIA

I sent my letter 2 times last night and again just now .It wont go thru .It says undelivered mail returned to sender .is anyone else having this problem ? TIA

I'll send your complaint to Marc now. I'm heading out but will be back later this afternoon..

There was another letter writing campaign just a week or so ago. It was set up really neat. Letter was already written and it just took a click or two. I can't remember thread, but it was regarding a unified missing person UID database. Maybe Mark can set this up like that one was?

Thanks. I will add it to my FB and email tonight when home. I also have several clients that are Truck Drivers and will spread the word.

There was another letter writing campaign just a week or so ago. It was set up really neat. Letter was already written and it just took a click or two. I can't remember thread, but it was regarding a unified missing person UID database. Maybe Mark can set this up like that one was?

Problem is the same letter over and over won't impress the FCC. They need to see we are really and truly aware of what they are NOT doing when it comes to finding the missing.

I like the idea SuziQ and it does work in a lot of cases but not this one I am afraid.

Thnak you to everyone who has taken the time to write.

To be honest I am a bit disappointed. I thought we would have a couple of thousand letters by now. We have 45. That's it. I told Marc we could flood the FCC with heartfelt complaints.

Hopefully, after the chat tonight with Marc, people will take a few minutes and do this. If not then I don't know what to say. It only takes a few minutes and we could make such a difference. I don't understand.

This is not to take away from the great emails that have been written. Again, Thank you so very much.

Tricia

I have emailed also.

I'll ask my husband to email also when he gets up :)

I agree with SuzieQ that a prewritten letter would be easier but see that in this case it just would not work....SO what I did when I sent out my note to all my email addys (and asked them to forward it also) is included a few short and sweet suggestions for them. I figured they wouldn't notice some duplication in all the mix. THat may help, yeah? I hope so anyway! Also added it to my facebook page.

*I emailed everyone early this morning so I'm hoping they join the cause. I just don't understand why everyone wouldn't!

I agree with SuzieQ that a prewritten letter would be easier but see that in this case it just would not work....SO what I did when I sent out my note to all my email addys (and asked them to forward it also) is included a few short and sweet suggestions for them. I figured they wouldn't notice some duplication in all the mix. THat may help, yeah? I hope so anyway! Also added it to my facebook page.

*I emailed everyone early this morning so I'm hoping they join the cause. I just don't understand why everyone wouldn't!

Perfect. Thank you. That is a great idea. Give your friends a few paragraphs to use. WHOOO HOOO. I like it. :)

Can I do this from England? My Dad was a Long Haul Trucker, I agree, they are our eyes and ears on the roads...

Absolutely. Do not hesitate.

~E-mail sent~ Will send link to all friends and family in my address book.

Sent my email, posted the info in the Victoria Stafford thread, and on another major site where members are concerned about missing children. Will be contacting Jessie Foster's mom (who has email addys that would sink a ship).

Thought it was such an excellent suggestion in chat last nite about the Teamsters Union, so hoping someone can find a contact there to disseminate the link. Another suggestion would be the National Education Association (3.2 million members). Anyone have any ideas for contacts there? Also AARP (American Association of Retired Persons).

Craigslist certainly comes to mind, but I'm going to put more thought into that (don't want bunch of freaks emailing Marc with nonsense). Am trying to contact someone there (arghhhh) to see if a post of this nature would or would not be allowed on Craiglist.

Thank you so much everyone for those of you who have done this.

I feel terrible. People are not writing. You guys have but not many others.

Here is what Marc wrote to me just a bit ago:

I had a great time last night, although I'm stunned that there have been so few responses. I'ts almost like websleuthers would rather sit around talking about stuff than doing something about it.

I don't know what to say to him. We have thousands of people read at Websleuths. Any ideas on how I can get people to sit up and take notice on the forum?

i sent him a letter but i have no idea if he got it he hasnt replied

Most members have their favorite threads, and don't mosey around the board as much as others. It's only been 24 hrs, so I think it's going to take a bit more time for the word to get out.

Tricia, I don't know if this is possible for your webmaster to do easily, but at the top of this page is your "CALL TO ACTION" notice. If that could be placed in RED at the top of each forum/thread, maybe it could help. Also, I'm not very tech-savvy, but there might even be a way of intercepting the member log-in feature with a message.

Right now, we're a pretty small crew in this thread, but maybe we could each take X number of threads to post the info with specific wording and a link to Marc's page. Let me know if and how I/we can help.

PS: I emailed Jessie Foster's mom, Glendene and have asked her to send the info out to her multitiude of contacts. Also have posted the info and link on the AMW message forum (sorry if it's a competitor, but can't hurt).

Oh God !! I just realized how many threads we have here at WS ... would take an army I guess. Now you know why I'm sillybilly.

Sent one and DH sent too, yesterday. No response yet, but assume it went throught.
Maybe .......your post can be sent oover to individual threads by us somehow a couple of times a day???
Come on folks, let us take some action NOW!!!!!
Thanks

In chat on Tuesday night, I offered to put together some wording that could be used in emails to the FCC. I am working on this, but found I needed additional information from Klaaskids before writing such an email.

The information I am looking for is exactly when truckers would have access to the cable tv - just while resting or also while driving? How long the proposal has been stuck at the FCC? If the FCC has ever released Notices for Public Comment or taken ANY action on the proposal?

If anyone else here has already looked into these things, I would appreciate any info you can provide. I have tried to research this proposal on the FCC site, but I have not been able to come up with anything concrete yet.

TIA,

Salem

Thank you so much everyone for those of you who have done this.

I feel terrible. People are not writing. You guys have but not many others.

Here is what Marc wrote to me just a bit ago:

I had a great time last night, although I'm stunned that there have been so few responses. I'ts almost like websleuthers would rather sit around talking about stuff than doing something about it.

I don't know what to say to him. We have thousands of people read at Websleuths. Any ideas on how I can get people to sit up and take notice on the forum?

Tricia - ask Marc for patience. With all the computer gliches at the airports going on right now, little attention will be paid to us anyway. If we can get responses out by tomorrow or over the weekend, I think it will be good.

Second - I, personally need more info. I have sent Klaaskids an email and am waiting for a response. I'm one of those people that want to know what song is playing before I jump on the band wagon.

Third - I support Marc in his efforts to get this to happen! I want a tv station where we can have actual stories of the missing, and unidentified as much, if not more, than many, many others. I'm behind him all the way. That means I want and need info. I want any messages I send to the FCC to be helpful and to sound like I know what I am talking about.

And you can send him this email if you want :)

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back