UT UT - Bobbi Campbell, 25, Salt Lake County, 27 Dec 1995

Rally held in Salt Lake City to honor missing persons

http://fox13now.com/2014/06/21/rally-held-in-salt-lake-city-to-honor-missing-persons/

SALT LAKE CITY — A Utah woman is on a mission to find her mother, whose been missing for nearly 20 years.

Bobbi Ann Campbell vanished two days after Christmas in 1994. No one knows what happened, but Stephanie Cook, who is the woman’s daughter and was only 5 years old at the time, wants to find out. She held a support rally at Liberty Park Saturday with other family members who have missing loved ones to raise awareness and revive a decades old case.

These families are now turning to each other for support, and they’re turning to Marki Davis, who is a private investigator.

“The longer they’re missing, people forget,” said Davis, who has been hired by Stephanie to dig up new leads. Unified Police Department officials reopened Bobbi Ann’s cold case 7 years ago but haven’t gotten very far since. They’ve allowed Davis to step in and do some investigating too.

It appears that they've brought in a PI, Marki Davis to work on the case so I hope she can find the answers Stephanie deserves and most importantly, can bring Bobbi home.

New call for help in young Utah mother's disappearance 23 years ago

http://kutv.com/news/local/new-call-for-help-in-young-utah-mothers-disappearance-23-years-ago

The daughter of a woman who went missing 23 years ago in the Salt Lake Valley is making a new call for help to finally learn what happened to her mother.

"There's a puzzle piece missing from my heart," said Stephanie Cook. "I suffer with anxiety, depression, and other things, still after 23 years trying to cope with what happened."

Now, she's trying to put together a reward for information on her mother's disappearance---and the case is still open.

[h=1]New tips in 23-year-old missing mom case suggest accidental death, body dump[/h]
SALT LAKE CITY — The daughter of a missing woman said new leads in the 23-year-old disappearance case suggest her mother died “accidentally.”

Bobbi Ann Campbell vanished on Dec. 27, 1994 after leaving her then 5-year-old daughter, Stephanie Cook, at a friend’s house while she ran errands.
“She was going to pick up her paycheck,” Cook said. “I fell asleep waiting and she never came home.”
After a round of news reports in late December suggested that Campbell had died in an apparent accident, Cook said the family has received new tips.

“We had quite a few anonymous tips come in that lead us to believe my mom is no longer with us,” Cook said. “At this point, I just want to know where her body is.”
Jason Jensen, a private investigator retained by Cook, said the tips indicated that the individuals with Campbell at the time of her death “panicked, and that they disposed of her.”
“They didn’t reveal how they disposed of her,” Jensen said. “We don’t know if she was buried or if it was the Jordan (River).”
Campbell’s car was eventually located in 1995, roughly 8 months after her disappearance and not far from the Jordan River in a neighborhood near 240 South and 1100 West.
“It was registered under my grandfather’s name,” Cook recalled. “He got a (parking) ticket in the mail and I believe (the car) had expired plates. He drove to the location of the ticket and he found her car. It was unlocked. It still had my clothes in it, her clothes in it, Christmas presents as well as money, makeup.”
Read more: https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46239181&nid=148

Sept 16 2019
The Justice Files: Possible clues found in Bobbi Ann Campbell’s disappearance
"SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 Utah) – Another possible piece of a puzzle was added to a 1994 missing persons case.

Sunday, volunteer divers discovered a piece of carpet in which Bobbi Ann Campbell may have been wrapped in before being tossed into the Jordan River.

Last week ABC4 reported on an earlier find that included a part of an earring and car keys that may have belonged to Campbell.

She disappeared in late 1994 and has never been found. The Utah Cold Case Coalition and a family investigator tracked witnesses who claimed Campbell died of a drug overdose and she was wrapped in a rug or carpet and tossed into the Jordan River near 1200 West and 250 South."

“I got my hand on it and it was something large buried deep down into the dirt,” he said. “It was a brown shag type rug or carpet. This was something that had been in there for a very long time.”

The divers also found a coat and a winter knit cap.

“We’re feeling very optimistic that we’re finally coming to some kind of conclusion here,” said Jason Jensen, the family’s investigator. “It’s taken me more than a year-and-a-half to get divers to go in the Jordan at this location.”

The next step is to find traces of DNA that could be linked to Campbell."

Missing in Utah: 26 years and counting | ABC4 Utah

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 Utah) – Stephanie Duncan just wants someone to step out of the shadows.

And she knows it’s from her mother’s circle of friends where the truth lies.

Her mother, Bobbi Ann Campbell disappeared two days after Christmas in 1994.

Back then, Stephanie Duncan was a young child and watched her mother leave the home. It was the last time she’d ever see her. She’s presumed dead and her body may have been dumped into the Jordan River.

The Utah Cold Case Coalition created a re-enactment of that last day and is posted on their website.

Someone watched the re-enactment on line and contacted Duncan. The woman claimed to be a friend of Campbell and was nearby when she died.

“(The woman said) she went to a party, and somebody injected her with a hotshot, and she overdosed,” Duncan said. “Everybody panicked, and they rolled her up in a carpet, hid her in the attic of the house.”

The woman told Duncan, her body was then tossed into the Jordan River and those involved walked away. No one spoke about it for the next 26-years.

“I believe that it could be true,” she said. “The way she talked about the smell, I don’t think you can make statements about the smell unless you were there and smelled them.”

Duncan convinced the woman to go to detectives with Unified Police. But it was a dead end. Authorities told Duncan her statements were hearsay because she wasn’t there. She also couldn’t provide names, only nicknames of those involved.

“You get tired,” Duncan said. “You get a tip. I chase them and they never really pan out. It makes me sick that she had all these friends that talk about how wonderful she was. (They would say) how she’d light up the room when she walked in but these people are withholding information about what happened to her.”

As Christmas approaches, Duncan can’t help but think of how her mother loved the holiday. Those thoughts help her get through those grim moments of false hope and false leads.

On her Christmas tree, there is one ornament that is like an heirloom. But it’s made of simple cardboard in the shape of a bulb. Duncan continues to hang onto it. She said in 1994, her mother made it for her.

Its meaning isn’t forgotten. That’s why each Christmas she puts up several small artificial trees around the home.

“Me and my kids do crafts all month long and I just try to be the mom that she would want to be,” Duncan said.

The Utah Cold Case Coalition is offering a reward for information that leads to an arrest and/or conviction in the disappearance of Bobbi Ann Campbell.

Bobbi Ann Campbell - Missing Person​

Bobbi Ann, age 24 at the time of her disappearance, was last seen on January 7, 1995 in Salt Lake City, Utah. She left her 5 year old daughter in the care of a friend while she went to run errands. There has been no contact with friends or family since that time. Bobbi Ann was also scheduled for a court appearance in Lehi, Utah on January 9, 1995 that she possibly showed up for.
1654166242776.jpeg
Her car was found in the area of 300 South 1100 West several months later. At the time of her disappearance Bobbi had blonde hair and blue/green eyes. She was approximately 5’1” and weighed 105 lbs. Bobbi has a 2” scar on her right shoulder and tattoos: a rose on her right calf, a mushroom and a sunbeam on her shoulder blade. Dental records and DNA are available in this case.

Just wanting to post some photos of Bobbi

• bobbi_ann_campbell_2.jpg
  • bobbi_ann_campbell_3.jpg
  • bobbi_ann_campbell_4.jpg
  • campbell_bobbi6.jpg
  • campbell_bobbi8.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors