Found Deceased UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, Lucin, Box Elder Co, May 2022 #2 *Arrest*

Yes … Took me until today to “get it together” enough to comment.

I literally have tears in my eyes now (trying to draft this) though I did read that Dylan had been found yesterday.

As others have expressed, I am deeply saddened by the fact that it took this plea deal/selfish motivation for Dylan to be unearthed when the perp has known all along where Dylan has been.

I feel for the family who has waited and waited AND WAITED for such a very long time.

I admire Dylan for his determination, work ethic, and continued motivation to succeed in farming. This could not have been at all easy. He was not intimidated by hard work. It is truly inspirational … the manner in which, at such a young age, he took action to live his dream.

Rest in peace sweet, Dylan. I am so so sorry this happened to you whilst you were in pursuit of such happiness.

Your memory will be honored always. I have told my children about you, Dylan, and all you set out to accomplish. They aspire to be as passionate as you were in pursuit of their dreams.

To Dylan’s family:

It is clear you loved him, you miss him … you too were inspired by him. Please know prayers continue to be with you and the entire family as you continue process this (the finding of Dylan’s remains). We, in our household, hope it brings you some sense of closure. Love & light to you.

The bolded makes me furious.
However, I'm certain Dylan's family were advised of the plea deal beforehand, and agreed to this.
Brenner was and is a cruel monster... to make them wait this long !
Maybe hoping there would be less evidence ?

(SBM) I haven't read up on this case, but generally speaking, judges usually have the final say on whether to accept or reject a plea agreement, or to sentence more or less than what a prosecutor recommends (although some specific crimes or kinds of defendants have a minimum or maximum). What I'm saying is that, when we find out the terms of the plea agreement, it doesn't automatically mean he will get to plead guilty and/or be sentenced to whatever the prosecutor recommends.

I haven't had the opportunity to follow this case as closely as I would have liked. I do remember being up in Utah not long after Dylan went missing and, just based on the vastness of rugged land where we were, thinking how unlikely it was they would ever find him. I'm so glad they have him now, such as it is. What an awesome kid he was.

Has a motive ever been determined? I just don't understand.

wow!
This!

The sheriff’s office posted an update Wednesday evening on Facebook saying the Utah Office of the Medical Examiner confirmed that the remains belong to Rounds.

Rounds’ mother, Candice Cooley, says nobody from the office contacted her with confirmation the remains were her son’s and she learned about it from the Facebook post.

I'm not sure who is worse here Brenner or that Sheriff's dept who never even searched him and put them all through years of sheer hell expense and worry.

this is the last straw for that Sheriff dept.

wow!
This!

The sheriff’s office posted an update Wednesday evening on Facebook saying the Utah Office of the Medical Examiner confirmed that the remains belong to Rounds.

Rounds’ mother, Candice Cooley, says nobody from the office contacted her with confirmation the remains were her son’s and she learned about it from the Facebook post.

I'm not sure who is worse here Brenner or that Sheriff's dept who never even searched him and put them all through years of sheer hell expense and worry.

this is the last straw for that Sheriff dept.

Agree. I felt that the sheriff's office acted abysmally when Dylan was originally missing. I would have hoped that they would have improved over time. Sounds like they have not improved. How heartbreaking that Dylan's family found out through a FB post rather than direct contact from the sheriff's office or the medical examiner.

Imo.

Update
The Utah Office of the Medical Examiner has confirmed that the remains belong to Dylan Rounds.
Press Release

On April 9, 2024, skeletal remains presumed to belong to Dylan Rounds were recovered in the remote western Box Elder County area of Lucin.

The FBI assisted the Box Elder County Sheriff’s Office by processing the area for evidence and recovering the remains. The remains are in the possession of the Utah Office of the Medical Examiner for confirmation of identity.

As mentioned in a press release in March 2023, James Brenner was formally charged with Aggravated Murder and Abuse or Desecration of a Human body for the murder of Dylan Rounds and the disposal of his body.

Our hearts go out to the family of Dylan Rounds. We offer our sincerest condolences for the loss of their family member. We understand that the pain of their loss is immeasurable, and we want to express our deepest sympathies to them. It is our hope that they can find peace moving forward.

We would like to express our gratitude to our deputies, detectives, volunteers, and other Box Elder County employees who have worked tirelessly investigating and assisting in the many search efforts during the past 23 months. We highly appreciate their diligent efforts, unwavering dedication, and commitment, and we extend our genuine thanks to them for their hard work.
We are grateful to everyone who assisted and supported the investigation and search efforts on this exceptionally challenging case.

The dedication and collaboration of those involved have been absolutely remarkable, and the invaluable aid provided to the Box Elder County Sheriff’s Office has been instrumental in the success of this investigation.

No additional information can be released at this time so as not to compromise the ongoing legal proceedings.

Wow, I just now learned his remains were recovered and I am so happy for his family and happy for him to be properly laid to rest. I would wonder about him from time to time. He seemed like such a wonderful young man with ambition and hopes and dreams. Rest in Peace Dylan.

Less than a month after the remains of Dylan Rounds were found, his family officially launched a nonprofit organization — called Dylan’s Legacy — in his honor.

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4) — Less than a month after the remains of Dylan Rounds were found, his family officially launched a nonprofit organization — called Dylan’s Legacy — in his honor.

ABC4.com spoke with Dylan’s mother, Candice Cooley, about what the organization means to her, and she said it is “heartwarming” to speak with families in a similar situation and walk them through it.

“He was gonna build his own legacy. And that got cut short,” Cooley said. “So, now I’m going to build one for him. We’ll just do it in a different way.”

Has a motive ever been determined? I just don't understand.
I feel certain is was something to the effect that James Brenner was not welcome to have any future access to Dylan's property, under any circumstances. To a loser/squatter like Brenner, who was known to have a murderous temper, that was enough for him to shoot and kill Dylan. He must have had a gun close at hand at the time of the confrontation. IMO.

I only followed the case at the beginning. I thought I remembered that Brenner was a friend of or acquainted with Dylan's grandparents? Is that mistaken? Am I thinking of someone else that the grandparents were friends with?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UCG
Back