UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Rawlings' warning was not to take their affidavit "as the Bible". Clearly evidence is going to emerge that is far worse than what we've already heard. They were not trying to "rehydrate" I think we'll all agree on that. They didn't give a damn if he was dehydrated.

Looking at the injuries in that early photo, and given that the police have stated his injuries grew progressively worse, that child could not swallow. In that early photo, it appears he can't even manage his own secretions. And it only got worse.

IMO, IF they did this, it was to further torture him. Someone mentioned 'waterboarding'. Essentially, that's what they were doing. JMO, of course.

I think it's possible he may have drowned. jmo :(

I don't.

http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?articleID=97728

He was kind, and fought for the underdog. She was a sensitive spirit and wanted to give to others. They were excited that Ethan was coming to visit.

She saw him on Wednesday, the day before she left town. Not likely she'd get confused about the day she saw him. Indicates that it may have been that night. She says they were well and happy and yada yada yada.

All I hear is someone making excuse after excuse, and IF she saw him on that day... she's also lying through her teeth.

The ME surely has his hands full with this case trying to establish which trauma was pre or post-mortem. Luckily the are cell photos that will surely help this case.
I agree with the dating of bruises but when fractures are invoved and hematomas develop due to bones breaking, further injuring blood vessels I think it throws the bruising chart forward 12 hours or so...
I hate to say it but...
I feel like his jaw and perhaps even his nose were fractured in the grainy photo. The nasal bridge (to me appears flat) is not as prominent as it is in every other one of the pics af Ethan we have seen.

The ME surely has his hands fuul with this case trying to establish which trauma was pre or post-mortem. Luckily the are cell photos that will surely help this case.
I agree with the dating of bruises but when fractures are invoved and hematomas develop due to bones breaking, further injuring blood vessels I think it throws the bruising chart forward 12 hours or so...
I hate to say it but...
I feel like his jaw and perhaps even his nose were fractured in the grainy photo. The nasal bridge (to me appears flat) is not as prominent as it is in every other one of the pics af Ethan we have seen.

Judging from his ear and eye, very possible his skull had been fractured as well.

For the sake of rumor control, I feel we need to establish if Nate's mom ever met Ethan that day or any other day. just my opinion cause I hate rumors. moo

Thanks, eyes. I agree.

- Nathan's mother says in her video interview that she saw Ethan that day. I'm not sure why you're questioning whether she saw him.

Her full interview is on this page. Scroll down on the left hand side. It's called P. Sloop Interview (her first name is spelled out in full on the link).

- There is still a question of what time she saw Ethan. We don't know if she saw him before or after he was beaten.

Personally, I think LE, if they haven't already, need to call her in and question her carefully to determine what time she saw Ethan that day in relation to what time he was beaten.

- I keep seeing references to peanut allergy. I already looked up and posted the link. Nathan said to LE that the reason Ethan's face was swollen was a peanut allergy.

I don't know why there are these constant references to a peanut allergy in regards to Nathan's mother, since there hasn't been anything related.

- Accusations against, and vilification of, this woman are uncalled for at this point, since we don't have a clue what time she saw Ethan, and whether it was before or after he was beaten.

Let LE and the prosecutor do their jobs. They've shown us that they are dedicated to Ethan, and are going above and beyond to bring him justice. If Nathan's mother did anything wrong, we can be confident they will take care of it.

Judging from his ear and eye, very possible his skull had been fractured as well.

I agree! just now way to back my opinion up based on a photo tho. Serious skull fractures are easily identified by feeling the skull. (all skull fractures are serious but ya know what I mean.) If there is a goose egg or a hard knot on a childs skull where the injury occured (say a fall) there usually is not a fracture. HOWEVER if the area on the child's skull feels "boggy" or "spongy" a fracture is almost 100%

I wish the photo was clearer!

I agree... we don't yet know the "capacity" in which she "saw him". (and if was just repeating what the sloops told her... "he is fine" etc)

Bottom line: I am sure that she has been interviewed.

O/T - I saw you are now verified on Websleuths as an R.N., nurse. Thanks so much for doing that! Great to have you as one of our professional posters :)

I agree! And what a horrible rumor to start if she never met the child that day or, as you suggest, she met him before the abuse. For all we know she could have been told he was sleeping, the same kind of excuses Nate and Stephanie gave Ethan's dad when he called. moo

This is his mom's interview. She said she saw all three of them on Wednesday. They were all happy and well and fine.

She mentions that Stephanie came to her house that night. I wonder if that is when the abuse took place. She left Ethan alone with Nate and came home and he had beat Ethan.

I apologize if this has already been answered and I missed it. In a previous thread someone from the apartment complex stated that there was a note on the door claiming the POSs didn't live there, they were visitors. Has anyone found anything that proves otherwise? If they were visitors, who were they staying with and where are they?

I apologize if this has already been answered and I missed it. In a previous thread someone from the apartment complex stated that there was a note on the door claiming the POSs didn't live there, they were visitors. Has anyone found anything that proves otherwise? If they were visitors, who were they staying with and where are they?

They lived there, they had just gotten the apartment and moved in.

Nathan's mom even says that in her interview posted above.

I certainly believe NS mother saw Ethan earlier in the day befor any abuse. I see no indications from this woman that she would lie for her son, not at all...IMO that woman is devestated over what has happened here.

Thanks, eyes. I agree.

- Nathan's mother says in her video interview that she saw Ethan that day. I'm not sure why you're questioning whether she saw him.

Her full interview is on this page. Scroll down on the left hand side. It's called P. Sloop Interview (her first name is spelled out in full on the link).

- There is still a question of what time she saw Ethan. We don't know if she saw him before or after he was beaten.

Personally, I think LE, if they haven't already, need to call her in and question her carefully to determine what time she saw Ethan that day in relation to what time he was beaten.

- I keep seeing references to peanut allergy. I already looked up and posted the link. Nathan said to LE that the reason Ethan's face was swollen was a peanut allergy.

I don't know why there are these constant references to a peanut allergy in regards to Nathan's mother, since there hasn't been anything related.

- Accusations against, and vilification of, this woman are uncalled for at this point, since we don't have a clue what time she saw Ethan, and whether it was before or after he was beaten.

Let LE and the prosecutor do their jobs. They've shown us that they are dedicated to Ethan, and are going above and beyond to bring him justice. If Nathan's mother did anything wrong, we can be confident they will take care of it.

Yes you did correct me regarding the peanut allergy - and it came up again so I responded to it. Seeing Steph and .Nate told police that it was due to a peanut allergy, it's not unthinkable they also told his mom the same thing. Nate's mom does mention in the video she saw all three and I'm afraid I missed that earlier on when I watched it. I was taken aback by her grief and missed that part I guess.

I am sure she has already been interviewed by LE, probably one of the first they talked with. And I agree, they are on top of this crime and would have charged her if there was any evidence of her colluding with Nate and Steph. regarding their murder of Ethan.

She hasn't been named a POI nor has LE mentioned her as being suspect in this case, so I'm confused as to why she is being discussed in such pejorative terms. moo tia

This is his mom's interview. She said she saw all three of them on Wednesday. They were all happy and well and fine.

She mentions that Stephanie came to her house that night. I wonder if that is when the abuse took place. She left Ethan alone with Nate and came home and he had beat Ethan.

I bet you're right on about that - could very well be the 1st of the abuse. What a complete nightmare this case is. :eek:

Bold by me above.

I was pleased about that at first as well, alsmom, until I realized that Nathan's tears are strictly for himself and the predicament in which he finds himself. He's far too self-centered to feel regret for the great harm and pain he inflicted on dear, sweet, 4-year-old Ethan.

Nathan Sloop is a ****. Always was, apparently; always will be.

P.S. Mental substitutions for **** are welcome by those reading this post. I'm trying very hard to avoid a time-out.

Oh yeah, the crying is strictly for himself. But it's amusing because he's supposed to be a big bad butt. I wish someone would have whacked him up the side of the head and told him to shut up the heck up during his breakdown. He's not going to do too well in prison. :dance:

05-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Demzyy

I need some help guys
We got a notice on our door today from our apartment complex's manager stating that the Sloops were not lease holders here, they were simply visiting a friend living here. I need to find out if that is valid, I feel like it's a lie.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #2

I had seen in a news article the day or the day before Demzyy posted that the Sloops were just visiting friends and didn't live there. I'll try to find the article in a little bit. I have a couple things I need to do right now.

Oh yeah, the crying is strictly for himself. But it's amusing because he's supposed to be a big bad butt. I wish someone would have whacked him up the side of the head and told him to shut up the heck up during his breakdown. He's not going to do too well in prison.

MOO the crying is to attempt to get sympathy. From who? HECK if I know but I bet HE can turn them on and off like a hosepipe. And AWWW he wants his mommy to visit him... sniff sniff HE should be told NEVER! We will never let you see your mother again!
I bet Ethan wishes he could be alive and see his mommy too.:furious:

I bet you're right on about that - could very well be the 1st of the abuse. What a complete nightmare this case is. :eek:

Stephanie was home when Nathan beat Ethan that day (May 5).

Stephanie's probable cause statement says she was there, that he took Ethan in the bedroom, closed the door, she could hear the sounds of him beating Ethan, Nathan came out, she went into the bedroom and saw that Ethan's head had been battered.

3rd PDF page
http://heraldextra.com/pdf_81e27cde-5ee7-11df-9a0a-001cc4c002e0.html

The point is PST says she saw Ethan on Wednesday, the same day as the bruise pic. Those inuries happened days before and what we see in that pic is what PST saw. Bottom line. How could she look at that and and say everything was fine? So I'm not sure where there is any confusion left.

IMO, that's a valid question and not vilification.

I've been a mom for several decades now. My kids have had all kinds of allergies and accidents. My son had two concussions before the age of 12. And yet my kids never looked like that. I've never seen anyone else's kid look like that either.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ouple-accused-in-Ethan-Stacys-death.html?pg=2

(snip)
In their marital settlement agreement, the court prohibited Ethan's maternal grandmother and her husband from having any contacting with Ethan, Stephanie or Joe Stacy, but the documents did not indicate why.
The agreement was signed Feb. 3, 2010.

It may be very likely Stephanie initiated a restraining order against her own parents. Joe Stacy said Stephanie initiated the restraining order against Michelle. Maybe restraining orders are one way Stephanie tries to wield control over people?

If SS is manipulative and self-seeking to no end, and she found one way that really works in her favor (and also brings in the "authority" of the "authorities" to back her up), she'd go back to that method again and again.

And typing this just now, I can see how her thoughts may have turned to a career in law enforcement. Maybe Stephanie has more of a hunger for power, control, and authority than we may have previously guessed? I couldn't see how in the world she'd want a career in LE, but looking at it this way, it makes all the sense in the world.

What a winner.

I think it does matter how hard you are hit. I was in an abusive relationship for 17 years and was hit many times and for the most part the bad bruising showed up the next day. However there were at least two occasions that the swelling and bruising was almost immediate. One of the times was when I was backhanded and he hit me in the cheekbone. This happened in front of a lot of people, police were called and arrived within minutes. I was taken to the hospital because they thought my cheekbone was broken. They took pictures of my face while I was in the emergency room and the bruising and swelling was horrible within an hour. I looked like I had a baseball under my skin. This happened on Oct. 29th and two weeks later at my daughters birthday party (Nov 14th) the pictures still show a golf ball sized swelling (it was hard not soft) and they were not sure that it would ever go completely back down. I believe that the picture of Ethan on the 4th of May could have been taken shortly after he was beaten because of how similar his bruising looks to mine. That would also fit based on the abuser being sorry and trying to make up and be nice (in Ethan's case by playing video games with him). And no I am not in that relationship anymore.

J

Stephanie was home when Nathan beat Ethan that day (May 5).

Stephanie's probable cause statement says she was there, that he took Ethan in the bedroom, closed the door, she could hear the sounds of him beating Ethan, Nathan came out, she went into the bedroom and saw that Ethan's head had been battered.

3rd PDF page
http://heraldextra.com/pdf_81e27cde-5ee7-11df-9a0a-001cc4c002e0.html

Darlin gal and the video reminded me that Steph went over to Nate's mother's house that evening - so I'm guessing she saw her twice that day? I'm getting confused because I have no idea as to what times are being referred to - probably the reason I'm obsessed with time-lines. Matter of fact, I would include her visit at the apartment and at her place of residence on my time-line if someone would tell me the times of the day they occurred. I'm choosing to opt out of this discussion of Nate's mom knowing about Ethan's facial injuries, at least until LE names her as a co-conspirator in this case. But I will put the visits on the time-line - can somebody please give me the times. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike