UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a sad day.

Sure is. I had a comforting thought though earlier... about just as Ethan was being laid to rest, the news about the Greeley body being found was breaking....that perhaps our angel Ethan guided Kayleah home today.

A sad peaceful thought.

Ethan’s grieving dad, Joe Stacy sat down with ABC4 and said he may never get over losing his son; never get over losing Ethan, who he fondly recalls as a loving, smart boy about to start kindergarten in the fall.

“I’ve got to learn to accept the fact that he’s not coming home. I really have it in my head that he’s coming home, and he’s not.”​

Amazing pics and videos....thanks to all who posted them.

Grieving Dad:
“I’ve got to learn to accept the fact that
he’s not coming home.
I really have it in my head that he’s coming home,
and he’s not.”​

IveGotToLearnHowToAcceptThatHesNotC.jpg

Lucy Hicks, Elswick's mother, said Ethan visited her while she was in the hospital and kissed all of her bruises from where she was poked with needles. She broke down crying when she hugged her future son-in-law.
"I told him that all my boo-boos Ethan kissed were better now, and that Ethan's boo-boos are better now, too, because God kissed them away," she said.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_15118572

I am still not able to deal or comprehend the reality of all of this. I don't think I ever will.

I stumbled upon this story yesterday. It's taken me two full days to read through all of the threads, and honestly it's a good thing because i'd of certainly been given a time out for saying something during my initial shock. This is the most horrible dispicable crime I have ever heard of. I pray for all of Ethan's grieving family, friends, and for LE who had to see all of this devastation first hand. I cannot imagine a mother allowing this to happen to her child. She does not deserve the title of mother. This is all I can say about this and remain a member. I am outraged at this poor child's tragedy. He did not deserve this. No child does. Ever!!!!

How you can help

Check or money order donations can be mailed to a fund to help pay Ethan Stacy's funeral expenses.

Gary Stacy-Joe Stacy Memorial Fund #4 Ethan Stacy
True Point Bank
P.O. Box 1010
Grundy, VA 24614

The account number is 0387940.

Online donations cannot be accepted.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_15118572

For you, sweet Ethan...

Tiny Angels
Tiny Angels rest your wings
sit with me for awhile.
How I long to hold your hand,
And see your tender smile.
Tiny Angel, look at me,
I want this image clear....
That I will forget your precious face
Is my biggest fear.
Tiny Angel can you tell me,
Why you have gone away?
You weren't here for very long....
Why is it, you couldn't stay?
Tiny Angel shook his head,
"These things I do not know....
But I do know that you love me,
And that I love you so."

~Author Unknown​

Ethan reminds me so much of my own son at that age, so this tragedy has shaken me to the core. I haven't been able to post until now because I was filled with such anger and hateful thoughts that I would have gotten banned. I've spent the last few days consumed with thoughts of this precious little angel and the horrors he went through. I'm always deeply saddened by the loss of a child, as well as hearing about abused and neglected children, but this is the worst of the worst. My heart is breaking for Joe and the rest of Ethan's family...those who cherished every moment with him and saw him for the true gift that he was. Godspeed, little guy. :(

Emotions are so high and pain so deep they reach the core of my being. I haven't talked about it much, so many years have passed when I lost my son. I do not understand someone hurting a child on purpose. That is what brought me here. I want, I need to see justice for children. I want, I hope and I need to share comfort and love to others who have lost the most beautiful gift there is, a child.

I am angry and frustrated that someone like the Shoops have disregarded, forgotten or ignored that gift! Ethan was a gift that gave joy and kindness and laughter to the world. I read how he smart he was, how kind and funny! He was all those wonderful things and more. They stole from the future when they took him from today!

Someday I hope that change will happen for the future Ethans, God willing. Give stronger sentencing for those who hurt our children. Assist judges and courts, social services workers in understanding children can be at risk and say No more best intrests of the parents and say best intrests of our children!

Forgive me for this long post.

:rose::rose::rose:
Ethan you are so beautiful. Rest in peace.

I read you have a transformer with you as it was your favorate toy. I just wanted to say that your like a transformer too..I bet you were always an angelic boy but now you have wings spread wide.

Emotions are so high and pain so deep they reach the core of my being. I haven't talked about it much, so many years have passed when I lost my son. I do not understand someone hurting a child on purpose. That is what brought me here. I want, I need to see justice for children. I want, I hope and I need to share comfort and love to others who have lost the most beautiful gift there is, a child.

I am angry and frustrated that someone like the Shoops have disregarded, forgotten or ignored that gift! Ethan was a gift that gave joy and kindness and laughter to the world. I read how he smart he was, how kind and funny! He was all those wonderful things and more. They stole from the future when they took him from today!

Someday I hope that change will happen for the future Ethans, God willing. Give stronger sentencing for those who hurt our children. Assist judges and courts, social services workers in understanding children can be at risk and say No more best intrests of the parents and say best intrests of our children!

Forgive me for this long post.

:rose::rose::rose:
Ethan you are so beautiful. Rest in peace.

I read you have a transformer with you as it was your favorate toy. I just wanted to say that your like a transformer too..I bet you were always an angelic boy but now you have wings spread wide.

((((( Hugs )))))

I felt the need to make Ethan my avatar and if anyone else would like to use it, please feel free.

Attachments

• ethan.png
    ethan.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 15
I felt the need to make Ethan my avatar and if anyone else would like to use it, please feel free.

Thank you for sharing...I wanted to do this earlier...just couldn't decide on a pic...and this was is really really good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500