UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time-Line for Stephanie Croft-Stacy-Sloop

• Stephanie Christine Croft (27 years old) was born to Katrina Busby and unknown father in Michigan, Stephanie Croft reports her heritage as Greek and Irish. *Unknown Date of Birth*
•Step-father Joe Busby
•Stephanie has two paternal half-siblings. Her oldest brother, Greg Croft, saw Stephanie once when she was an infant. The siblings did not meet again until 2007, after Stephanie located him on Myspace. She also has a teen half-brother whom she met for the first time around 2008, while visiting family in Michigan. His name is unknown.

Childhood:
•Stephanie reported to a co-worker in 2009 that her biological father was abusive and he abandoned her. Her brother Greg described their father as a “rolling stone” and stated he had little involvement in their lives. Stephanie visited Greg in Michigan around 2008, with her then husband, Joe Stacy and child, Ethan Stacy (along with Joe’s children from a previous marriage). They made a trip to visit their father and half-brother at that time, who also live in Michigan.
•Stephanie and her mother moved to Florida when Stephanie was a young girl.
•Stephanie reports she began modeling as a child.

Adolescent/Teen Years:
•1995—Stepanie Croft (12yrs) meets Nathan Sloop (15/16 yrs old). Nathan is the boyfriend of Stephanie’s best friend’s sister. Croft and Sloop will marry fifteen years later.
•Stephanie Croft and Nathan Sloop both attend Cypress Creek High School in Orlando, but due to their age difference (four years) they did not attend high school together.

Young Adult Years:
•2001—Stephanie is employed as a “Jager Girl” (Jagermeister Promotions in bars/clubs/events)
•2002-2004—Stephanie is employed as a “Bud Girl” (Budweiser Promotions in bars/clubs/events)

First Marriage to Joe Stacy and Military History:
•Unknown—Stephanie meets Joe Stacy while they are both enlisted in the military. Joe is in the process of a divorce with Michelle Rodriguez, with whom he shares two children.
•Stephanie reported on Windows Live that she was discharged from the military due to an injury sometime prior to 2007.
•Unknown—Stephanie and Joe Stacy marry and Stephanie becomes pregnant with Ethan Stacy
•The family resides near Savannah, GA were her husband was stationed at Hunter Army Airfield.
•September 22, 2005 Ethan Stacy born in Richlands, Va, to Stephanie Croft-Stacy and Joe Stacy.
•2008—Stephanie reports on ModelMayhems that she has modeled nude and would like to explore a career in fashion and/ or artistic pictures. She states she’ll be in “Hot Housewives—Playboy Edition in 2009”
•Early 2009—Stephanie employed at Wing House. According to a co-worker, she reports a happy marriage to Joe. Her comments suggest that she is jealous of Joe’s ex-wife, Michelle, and states that she is the real mother figure to Michelle’s two children. Most report Stephanie as a good mother to Ethan at this time and normal family activities, such as time with friends, vacations, cook-outs, etc… However, they also report that Stephanie often lies, is overly concerned with money and can be vindictive.
•Stephanie has breast augmentation surgery.
•She participates in some modeling photos and in August 2009 Stephanie contacts a previous co-worker on Facebook asking for a photographer, as she hopes to begin modeling again. She also is planning a trip home to Orlando.
•September 2009—Stephanie reports to her brother that she and her husband are having trouble. She moves to Las Vegas to “find work.” Stephanie apparently begins working as an exotic dancer after a failed attempt to work in law enforcement.
•October 2009--Joe Stacy files for divorce from Stephanie Stacy. Both parents were ordered to complete parenting classes per Florida law. The Uniform Child Custody Act was invoked due to the parents living in two different states.

Time in Las Vegas
•Tina reports that she has a girls trip with Stephanie in Las Vegas. According to friend, Tina Rieyes, Stephanie begins to do a “180” during the trip.

Life with Nathan Sloop and Divorce from Joe Stacy
•October 8, 2009--Nathan Sloop sends a message to Stephanie on Facebook. They talk on the phone for 24 hours straight and within 24 hours of their first phone call, Stephanie is on a plane to Utah to meet Nathan in person on October 9th. They share their first kiss moments after reuniting. Nathan reported that the couple has not spent one night apart since that date. Stephanie recounts on theknot.com that she and Nathan “began with full disclosure so that way our ex's couldn't try and use things against us. Its proven to make our relationship even stronger. “
•November 2009—Joe Stacy files for an Emergency Motion for Custody and writes in court documents that Stephanie Stacy is “unstable” and he fears she will flee with Ethan Stacy. While this is occurring, Nathan Sloop’s ex-wife requests a restraining order from Nathan Sloop, after he leaves threatening messages on her voicemail. She reports being afraid to send her daughter to Nathan’s for the Thanksgiving holiday, as she is worried he will harm their daughter to get back at her. She writes in court documents that Nathan has “multiple personality disorder” and he was physically abusive during their marriage.
•December 2009—Stephanie loses twins --discloses an ectopic pregnancy, a cyst on her ovary and a blood clot that required a lengthy surgery. She states, “you can always have more children, but Nathan couldn’t replace me.” She also discloses that this is the second time that Nathan “saved” her life. The first apparently being taking her to the hospital when she began to bleed while pregnant with the twins and another when he caught her during a fall brought on by an episode of diabetic shock. She discloses that she does not believe she would have lived through these events, if she had not been with Nathan.
•February 3, 2010— Despite Joe’s concerns regarding Stephanie in November, the couple reached a settlement agreement with the assistance of a mediator. The agreement allowed for Ethan to spend the school year with his father and summers with Stephanie Stacy in Utah. Reportedly, Stephanie agreed to allow Joe to retain custody as long as Joe paid Stephanie half of an insurance settlement that was due to be issued to him regarding an injury at work. It also prohibited Stephanie Stacy’s mother and step-father from having contact with Ethan, Stephanie or Joe Stacy, but there is no additional information regarding the reasoning. The agreement was signed by both Stephanie Stacy and Joe Stacy on this day.
•March 2010—Nathan Sloop’s ex-wife moves to have a permanent restraining order put in place against Nathan Sloop. Joe Stacy reports after his son’s death that he was threatened several times via text message by Nathan Sloop.
•April 2010—Stephanie reports to friend, Amber Navarre Llewellyn that she is excited to pick up Ethan and plans to keep him “for good.” Many friends report a change in Stephanie while she is with Nathan.
•April 28, 2010—Joe Stacy appeared for a ten minute final divorce hearing. Stephanie Stacy did not show. The Judge stated it was a “cut and dried” and the settlement was uncontested. She later admitted that she never read Joe’s petition for emergency custody filed in November 2009, as the agreement came after that filing.

Ethan's Visit
•April 28, 2010-May 9, 2010—Ethan Stacy is physically abused by Nathan and Stephanie Sloop. Stephanie documents the abuse via pictures and videos on her cell phone. Stephanie was also calling Joe Stacy to complain about Ethan’s behavior.
•May 6, 2010 --Stephanie Stacy and Nathan Sloop marry in a Utah courthouse eight days after her divorce from Joe Stacy, while Ethan Stacy is locked in a bedroom at home due to his injuries.
•May 7, 2010—Stephanie leaves her friend, Carla Jones, frantic messages stating that Ethan is crying, won’t stop and is asking for his mommy. She reports she does not know what to do and asks Jones to please call her. She calls a second time, but Jones states that Stephanie is hysterical, she can’t understand what the message says. Jones reports that she did not call back. Jones describes Stephanie as “…very conniving, manipulating and deceiving person," Jones stated, "She would sell her own mother if it was going to get her something….She was not a fit mother….She was not a fit wife. She had a personality disorder. She had anger issues. She should have never had that child."
•May 9, 2010, Becky Elswick receives a Mother’s Day card that says, “Love your son, Ethan” in Stephanie Sloops handwriting
•May 10, 2010—Ethan Stacy is reported missing by Nathan and Stephanie Sloop
•May 11, 2010—Ethan Stacy’s body is recovered. Nathan and Stephanie Sloop are arrested.
•May 27, 2010—ABC4 reports they wrote Stephanie Sloop a letter asking details of her life. She responded, “HA, HA, HA (in capital letters she writes), I've invoked my right to remain silent or didn't my attorney already say that?”
•May 29, 2010--Nathan and Stephanie Sloop charged with aggravated murder, second degree felony child abuse, second degree felony obstruction of justice and third degree felony abuse or desecration of a body. Nathan Sloop also charged with third degree damaging a jail cell.

http://www.deseretnews.com/mobile/article/700032192/Father-feared-mom-would-steal-boy.html
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_15099438?source=most_viewed
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jES6zitQaqavWWaZ0K0YLSHUkrjgD9FM78780
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jES6zitQaqavWWaZ0K0YLSHUkrjgD9FM78780
www.theknot.com wedding registry—screen shots/websleuths forum
www.modelmayhem.com/678147
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=10829135
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_15074193?source=pkg
http://open.salon.com/blog/kathy_riordan/2010/05/15/the_monstrous_murder_of_ethan_stacy
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/st...rom-jail/d8wuDhTYOEmTKU3_btzmWA.cspx?rss=1451
http://www.sltrib.com/D=g/ci_15142408
http://www.standard.net/topics/cour...s-filed-against-nathanael-and-stephanie-sloop

***Please let me know if any of you have the missing information or if anything needs to be changed, edited, deleted (due to WS rules) or added**** Thanks also to Eyes4Crime who reviewed this and helped me organize it better!

Thank you! :)

It looks like SS's birthday is 1/21/83

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_15074193

As part of their divorce, Stacy retained custody as long as he paid her half of a settlement from a pending injury lawsuit he had filed about 18 months ago.

"I would have given her all of it if it meant I was able to keep my son with me," he said.

In the months since their separation, Stacy said Nathan Sloop would send him text messages, some violent.

"I had been threatened over the past six months by him," Stacy said.

Freida Stacy, Ethan's grandmother, said Stephanie Sloop tried to "stir up trouble" several times for her stepson.

"The only reason she wanted [Ethan] was she thought, 'This is how I'm going to get back at Joe,'" Freida Stacy said. "It was like Ethan was just a pawn."

Nathan Sloop has a history of drug convictions and other crimes dating back to 2000. Most recently, he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance in 2003.

Joe Stacy had met the man face-to-face only once, for about 30 minutes when Stacy flew to Utah to pick up a vehicle from his ex-wife.

"I had really mixed feelings about him," Stacy said. "I didn't know what to believe with him."

SS birthday is Jan 21, 1983

(NS bday is Dec 7, 1978)

The court date is 5/28, not 5/29.

Other than that and the birthplace of Ethan it looks super.

ETA:
the HA HA HA letter was reported on 5/26

One correction, I believe, for the time-line:
~ Stephanie's step-father is named John Busby, not Joe. (second line).

One possible addition to time-line:
~ Stephanie and Nathanael Sloop's first court appearance.

(I thought it was Stephanie that contacted Nathan on-line that first time, but I may be wrong).

Excellent job on the time-line! A huge thank you!!!

Also, under the May 9th, 2010 listing, regarding the Mother's Day card, maybe clarify who Becky Elswick is. (Joe's fiancee, I think)?

I am so impressed with this time-line, and all the work that went into it! Just incredible!

In an interview after Ethan's death, he said that NS had threatened him over the previous months. It wasn't that he threatened him after Ethan died.

You are right. I was trying to say that, but my wording is weird...I meant that he didn't report this to authority (as far as we've read) until after Ethan's death. I'll change the wording. :)

One correction, I believe, for the time-line:
~ Stephanie's step-father is named John Busby, not Joe. (second line).

One possible addition to time-line:
~ Stephanie and Nathanael Sloop's first court appearance.

(I thought it was Stephanie that contacted Nathan on-line that first time, but I may be wrong).

Excellent job on the time-line! A huge thank you!!!

Yes, I think you are right. I saw on the wedding registry Nathan saying that they talked for 24 hours after he sent her a message, but now that I think more about it....he says he saw messages from her in the midst of the most horrible part of his life..... I get it now....she messaged him, then when he finally messaged back, they talked and the rest is.....as you all know. I'll change that too.

Time-Line for Stephanie Croft-Stacy-Sloop (updated/edited)

• Stephanie Christine Croft was born on 1/21/83 to Katrina Busby and unknown father in Michigan, Stephanie Croft reports her heritage as Greek and Irish. *Unknown Date of Birth*
•Step-father John Busby
•Stephanie has two paternal half-siblings. Her oldest brother, Greg Croft, saw Stephanie once when she was an infant. The siblings did not meet again until 2007, after Stephanie located him on Myspace. She also has a teen half-brother whom she met for the first time around 2008, while visiting family in Michigan. His name is unknown.

Childhood:
•Stephanie reported to a co-worker in 2009 that her biological father was abusive and he abandoned her. Her brother Greg described their father as a “rolling stone” and stated he had little involvement in their lives. Stephanie visited Greg in Michigan around 2008, with her then husband, Joe Stacy and child, Ethan Stacy (along with Joe’s children from a previous marriage). They made a trip to visit their father and half-brother at that time, who also live in Michigan.
•Stephanie and her mother moved to Florida when Stephanie was a young girl.
•Stephanie reports she began modeling as a child.

Adolescent/Teen Years:
•1995—Stepanie Croft (12yrs) meets Nathan Sloop (15/16 yrs old). Nathan is the boyfriend of Stephanie’s best friend’s sister. Croft and Sloop will marry fifteen years later.
•Stephanie Croft and Nathan Sloop both attend Cypress Creek High School in Orlando, but due to their age difference (four years) they did not attend high school together.

Young Adult Years:
•2001—Stephanie is employed as a “Jager Girl” (Jagermeister Promotions in bars/clubs/events)
•2002-2004—Stephanie is employed as a “Bud Girl” (Budweiser Promotions in bars/clubs/events)

First Marriage to Joe Stacy and Military History:
•Unknown—Stephanie meets Joe Stacy while they are both enlisted in the military. Joe is in the process of a divorce with Michelle Rodriguez, with whom he shares two children.
•Stephanie reported on Windows Live that she was discharged from the military due to an injury sometime prior to 2007.
•Unknown—Stephanie and Joe Stacy marry and Stephanie becomes pregnant with Ethan Stacy
•The family resides near Savannah, GA were her husband was stationed at Hunter Army Airfield.
•September 22, 2005 Ethan Stacy born at Fort Stewart Army Base in Savannah, GA, to Stephanie Croft-Stacy and Joe Stacy.
•2008—Stephanie reports on ModelMayhems that she has modeled nude and would like to explore a career in fashion and/ or artistic pictures. She states she’ll be in “Hot Housewives—Playboy Edition in 2009”
•Early 2009—Stephanie employed at Wing House. According to a co-worker, she reports a happy marriage to Joe. Her comments suggest that she is jealous of Joe’s ex-wife, Michelle, and states that she is the real mother figure to Michelle’s two children. Most report Stephanie as a good mother to Ethan at this time and normal family activities, such as time with friends, vacations, cook-outs, etc… However, they also report that Stephanie often lies, is overly concerned with money and can be vindictive.
•Stephanie has breast augmentation surgery.
•She participates in some modeling photos and in August 2009 Stephanie contacts a previous co-worker on Facebook asking for a photographer, as she hopes to begin modeling again. She also is planning a trip home to Orlando.
•October 2009--Joe Stacy files for divorce from Stephanie Stacy. Both parents were ordered to complete parenting classes per Florida law. The Uniform Child Custody Act was invoked due to the parents living in two different states.

Time in Las Vegas
•Tina Rieyes, (friend of Stephanie Stacy) reports that she has a girls trip with Stephanie in Las Vegas. Tina states that Stephanie begins to do a “180” during the trip.
•September 2009—Stephanie reports to her brother that she and her husband are having trouble. She moves to Las Vegas to “find work.” Stephanie apparently begins working as an exotic dancer after a failed attempt to work in law enforcement.

Life with Nathan Sloop and Divorce from Joe Stacy
•October 8, 2009--Nathan Sloop responds to a message from Stephanie Stacy on Facebook. They talk on the phone for 24 hours straight and within 24 hours of their first phone call, Stephanie is on a plane to Utah to meet Nathan in person on October 9th. They share their first kiss moments after reuniting. Nathan reported that the couple has not spent one night apart since that date. Stephanie recounts on theknot.com that she and Nathan “began with full disclosure so that way our ex's couldn't try and use things against us. Its proven to make our relationship even stronger. “
•November 2009—Joe Stacy files for an Emergency Motion for Custody and writes in court documents that Stephanie Stacy is “unstable” and he fears she will flee with Ethan Stacy. While this is occurring, Nathan Sloop’s ex-wife requests a restraining order from Nathan Sloop, after he leaves threatening messages on her voicemail. She reports being afraid to send her daughter to Nathan’s for the Thanksgiving holiday, as she is worried he will harm their daughter to get back at her. She writes in court documents that Nathan has “multiple personality disorder” and he was physically abusive during their marriage.
•December 2009—Stephanie loses twins --discloses an ectopic pregnancy, a cyst on her ovary and a blood clot that required a lengthy surgery. She states, “you can always have more children, but Nathan couldn’t replace me.” She also discloses that this is the second time that Nathan “saved” her life. The first apparently being taking her to the hospital when she began to bleed while pregnant with the twins and another when he caught her during a fall brought on by an episode of diabetic shock. She discloses that she does not believe she would have lived through these events, if she had not been with Nathan.
•February 3, 2010— Despite Joe’s concerns regarding Stephanie in November, the couple reached a settlement agreement with the assistance of a mediator. The agreement allowed for Ethan to spend the school year with his father and summers with Stephanie Stacy in Utah. Reportedly, Stephanie agreed to allow Joe to retain custody as long as Joe paid Stephanie half of an insurance settlement that was due to be issued to him regarding an injury at work. It also prohibited Stephanie Stacy’s mother and step-father from having contact with Ethan, Stephanie or Joe Stacy, but there is no additional information regarding the reasoning. The agreement was signed by both Stephanie Stacy and Joe Stacy on this day.
•March 2010—Nathan Sloop’s ex-wife moves to have a permanent restraining order put in place against Nathan Sloop. Joe Stacy reported in May 2010, that he was threatened several times via text message by Nathan Sloop in the six months prior to Ethan's visit.
•April 2010—Stephanie reports to friend, Amber Navarre Llewellyn that she is excited to pick up Ethan and plans to keep him “for good.” Many friends report a change in Stephanie while she is with Nathan. She appears "obsessed" with the relationship.
•April 28, 2010—Joe Stacy appeared for a ten minute final divorce hearing. Stephanie Stacy did not show. The Judge stated it was a “cut and dried” and the settlement was uncontested. She later admitted that she never read Joe’s petition for emergency custody filed in November 2009, as the agreement came after that filing.

Ethan's Visit
•April 28, 2010-May 9, 2010—Ethan Stacy is physically abused by Nathan and Stephanie Sloop. Stephanie documents the abuse via pictures and videos on her cell phone. Stephanie was also calling Joe Stacy to complain about Ethan’s behavior.
•May 6, 2010 --Stephanie Stacy and Nathan Sloop marry in a Utah courthouse eight days after her divorce from Joe Stacy, while Ethan Stacy is locked in a bedroom at home due to his injuries.
•May 7, 2010—Stephanie leaves her friend, Carla Jones, frantic messages stating that Ethan is crying, won’t stop and is asking for his mommy. She reports she does not know what to do and asks Jones to please call her. She calls a second time, but Jones states that Stephanie is hysterical, she can’t understand what the message says. Jones reports that she did not call back. Jones describes Stephanie as “…very conniving, manipulating and deceiving person," Jones stated, "She would sell her own mother if it was going to get her something….She was not a fit mother….She was not a fit wife. She had a personality disorder. She had anger issues. She should have never had that child."
•May 9, 2010, Becky Elswick (Joe Stacy's fiancée) receives a Mother’s Day card that says, “Love your son, Ethan” in Stephanie Sloops handwriting. She finds this strange, as Stephanie disliked her. Joe reports that each time he calls Ethan, Stephanie and/or Nathan have a reason why he cannot talk at the time. Joe and Becky discuss that Nathan's tone of voice has changed during recent calls.
•May 10, 2010—Ethan Stacy is reported missing by Nathan and Stephanie Sloop
•May 11, 2010—Ethan Stacy’s body is recovered. Nathan and Stephanie Sloop are arrested.
•May 14, 2010—Nathan and Stephanie Sloop make their first court appearance. Nathan Sloop cries. Stephanie was silent, though her attorney stated she was “very emotional.” Both waived their right to bail until their second hearing on May, 28, 2010. Charges are also delayed until this time.
•May 26, 2010—ABC4 reports they wrote Stephanie Sloop a letter asking details of her life. She responded, “HA, HA, HA (in capital letters she writes), I've invoked my right to remain silent or didn't my attorney already say that?”
•May 29, 2010--Nathan and Stephanie Sloop make their second court appearance and are charged with aggravated murder, second degree felony child abuse, second degree felony obstruction of justice and third degree felony abuse or desecration of a body. Nathan Sloop also charged with third degree damaging a jail cell.

http://www.deseretnews.com/mobile/article/700032192/Father-feared-mom-would-steal-boy.html
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_15099438?source=most_viewed
www.theknot.com wedding registry—screen shots/websleuths forum
www.modelmayhem.com/678147
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=10829135
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_15074193?source=pkg
http://open.salon.com/blog/kathy_riordan/2010/05/15/the_monstrous_murder_of_ethan_stacy
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/st...rom-jail/d8wuDhTYOEmTKU3_btzmWA.cspx?rss=1451
http://www.sltrib.com/D=g/ci_15142408
http://www.standard.net/topics/cour...s-filed-against-nathanael-and-stephanie-sloop
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10769121

***Thank you to all of you who have filled in the "missing pieces" here and who have offered corrections! Please feel free to make other suggestions, edits, etc....
Thank you to all of you for all of the nice reply's too! I actually enjoy the research part of things, so this was an interesting little project for me. :)

oh great she'll used the 'i was abused as a child' card to get out of the dp

Just thinking out loud...

When I was a little kid my Dad worked in NYC. He got home from work about 7:30 pm or so. First thing my mother would tell him all the bad things we children did that day. We would hear the heavy tread on the stairs and quiver with fear in our beds. The covers were pulled back and we were spanked for the transgressions of the day. All these years later I believe my father reacted to my mother's anger. I guess what I am trying to say is perhaps NS was SS's extension to hurt Joe and also Ethan. I am not giving that filth a pass, believe me. I am just wondering if she does not hold as much/ more guilt than believed.

For God's sake, she was his MOTHER!
Because she was his mother is why I think she is mentally impaired. I don't think that she is mentally balanced and JOE even told the JUDGE that she was imbalanced.
I agree that a normal mother would definitely have a very different emotional response. I am not giving her a pass at all. I am just saying.......No way, is she normal.

Since the threats to Joe were sent via text, can we be sure N actually sent them, or could it have been S send them using N's phone?

VB

In an interview after Ethan's death, he said that NS had threatened him over the previous months. It wasn't that he threatened him after Ethan died.

That is not good. Red Flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member