Identified! UT - Fruit Heights, WhtFem Skeletal on hillside, Feb'15 - Theresa Greaves

http://www.davisclipper.com/view/fu...ights-?instance=secondary_stories_left_column

The body has been buried for some time, perhaps since the 1970s or 80s, Servey said...

“This is a very meticulous investigation that is similar to an archaeological dig,” Servey said. “A very slow and methodical approach is being used in gathering the evidence in the area. “

Investigators will try to match dental records to help with that identification, Servey said. “We hope it has a good outcome,” Servey said. It may take a month or two for the identification to be made.

Since the timeline pretty much excludes Susan Powell, I'm looking back at the missing known (or possible) Bundy victims.

Nancy Wilcox's photo shows her teeth pretty clearly on her right-hand side. I can see that her #6 and #7 teeth aren't shaped the same as those on the skull. The #6 canine is long and pointy, and extends below the adjacent incisor (#7)

55f4a4f3-ac75-4749-ba4c-d9be9f80da90.jpg
d7a1cad2-59f2-464f-b247-6dbe2e71ec6b.jpg

Susan Curtis - Her nose seems broad enough compared to the nasal aperture. I can't see her #6 tooth to see how it aligns with the #7, but from what I can see, her teeth don't look similar. But Something about the shape of her face just doesn't look right in comparison to the skull.

aeebc7c4-45d5-4776-9ebe-026018868ca6.jpg

Nancy Baird - As I stated upthread, the nasal aperture seems too wide compared to long narrow nose. I could be wrong, but that is my impression.

d3d4aa0e-cb33-4643-ad4c-170d10aeee53.jpg

Debra Kent - She does look pretty close in terms of her facial shape. And she was LKA only 11 miles along a straight-line route down the highway from Fruit Heights. She also has a fairly broad nose (not at the dorsum, but at the alae). I can't see her #6 tooth very clearly in the photo, but from what I can see, it doesn't appear to descend below the #7 incisor like the skull's #6. It's hard to tell for sure though.

982c8130-0264-4631-8df4-45bec7eecf00.jpg

Hmmm. Could be Sherry Warren.

170c5276-3dca-42e1-9d01-c005b8db8e42.jpg

... or Bobby Campbell
d592e25f-ec0b-4edc-b9c2-029ba4ec2c4d.jpg

Can any of you anthropology buffs tell if the missing teeth were lost antemortem or postmortem?

I know nothing of skulls and apertures but the third tooth to the left of missing center teeth looks like it was rotted or had a cavity/filling on the side. Any dental records on file indicate something like that?

Can any of you anthropology buffs tell if the missing teeth were lost antemortem or postmortem?

The two front teeth are definitely lost post-mortem. There is no sign of healing on the empty sockets.

Carl, you know far more about skulls than I do.

It appears as though the skull's eye sockets are sloped so that they are higher up on the face the closer they are to the nasal cavity.

Is that something that is typical of skulls or would that indicate that she may have had sloped eyes?
If it's the latter then we can start ruling some people out based on their eye position.

Carl, you know far more about skulls than I do.

It appears as though the skull's eye sockets are sloped so that they are higher up on the face the closer they are to the nasal cavity.

Is that something that is typical of skulls or would that indicate that she may have had sloped eyes?
If it's the latter then we can start ruling some people out based on their eye position.

Caucasian orbits typically have the backward slant at the upper margins, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the person has backward slanting eyes. You need to see where the canthal tendons attach to the sides of the orbits to assess whether the eyes have a forward, backward, or neutral slant.

The canthal tendons attach the muscles of the eyelids to the sides of the orbits (i.e, eye sockets), If you look closely at the sides of the orbits, you can see the nodes where the canthal tendons attach.

From that one photo, it is difficult to see exactly where those attachment points are.

I know nothing of skulls and apertures but the third tooth to the left of missing center teeth looks like it was rotted or had a cavity/filling on the side. Any dental records on file indicate something like that?

Yes, Xrays of the deceased from dentist would be compared to the skull teeth. Other cavities, crowns, etc. would also be compared.

Gosh, you guys are fantastic. Carl- you are just amazing.

How did I not know that there were still women missing that were potential victims (or were they known) of Ted Bundy?

I am really shocked that there are so many different women that this could be, I always am though.

I was really hoping it was Susan... all of the women deserve to be found, so I am just glad that someones loved ones will finally have at least one answer- hopefully more. I hope evidence has been found as well.

RIP Jane Doe (for now).

How did I not know that there were still women missing that were potential victims (or were they known) of Ted Bundy?

Those whom I posted above are only those Bundy victims who were missing from Utah. There are several other probable Bundy victims who are still missing from Oregon, Idaho, and Colorado.

Most of them are pretty certain to be Bundy victims, as he admitted to the killings and correctly described the circumstances. Only Nancy Baird is considered a "possible" Bundy victim. He has denied that he was responsible for her disappearance. And seeing as how he acknowledged the others, there would be no reason for him to deny responsibility for Baird's disappearance.

I was really hoping it was Susan... all of the women deserve to be found, so I am just glad that someones loved ones will finally have at least one answer- hopefully more. I hope evidence has been found as well.

RIP Jane Doe (for now).

I don't think it has been verified that this skull belongs to a female. I am saying female based on the appearance of the skull's brow. But I am not an anthropologist, so I could be wrong.

It looks female to me, too, for the same reasons, but I have even less experience than you do.

I did notice two things. (Click to enlarge; I put boxes around the spots I was looking at) utah skull.jpg

1. It could be the angle and missing pieces of bone, but the nose looks to me like it could be lopsided.

2. The first tooth on the skull's left, our right, also looks like it had a filling.

I also wonder why they let the newspaper photographer take such a clear closeup of the skull when they seem to be keeping everything else under wraps.

For some reason, the first person who popped into my mind was 20 year old Amanda Lee Fravel, who went missing from Las Vegas, NV in June 1986. I have no idea why I thought of her first. Amanda did not own a vehicle and apparently was in the habit of hitchhiking if she needed to get somewhere.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/fravel_amanda.html

I'm not sure if I should be reading anything into the fact that Debra Kent was just added to NamUs two days ago, and removed again today.

If that's a cavity or filling on #5 and one of #13-15, then #5 likely excludes Debra Kent...

Edited because I'm not a dentist.

I'm not sure if I should be reading anything into the fact that Debra Kent was just added to NamUs two days ago, and removed again today.

I guess I shouldn't be reading anything.

Looks like they have duplicate casefiles for Debra Kent (MP27742 and MP27776), so they took down MP27742 (i.e., the one they published two days ago), and published MP27776.

If that's a cavity or filling on #5 and one of #13-15, then #5 likely excludes Debra Kent...

Edited because I'm not a dentist.

That's definitely #5 that has the defect that looks like a filling. But I'm not sure it is a filling, or if it is just 35+ years of decay. If it is a filling, it would not technically be a rule out, but would be a probable rule-out (practically speaking). We can't assume that the dental records reflect her last dental appointment (though they probably do). Theoretically, she could have had a dental appointment that her family and regular dentist was unaware of (Very unlikely, but theoretically possible). In an instance where the UID has a filling that does not appear on the MP's dental record, they will not rule-out on that basis. But a filling on the MP dental record compared to a unrestored tooth on the UID would be grounds for a rule-out.

The tooth on the other side that appears to have a filling is either the #12 or #13. In either case, it would be consistent to her dental records.

Oooh that makes me excited. I think this person has a good chance regardless of if it's Debra Kent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back