GUILTY UT - Jesus Landin, 46, found murdered, American Fork, 28 Dec 2009

Body found near West Wendover is a Latino male

Updated: 01/07/2010 06:16:41 PM MST
The body found in Elko County, Nev., on Thursday is that of a Latino male, said Elko County Sheriff's Office Undersheriff Doug Gailey.

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_14143528

Agreed Dr. F...sounds way to strange to me too! I'm mean really!

ETA... Why on earth would Washoe County even be involved with this body if it is indeed a male Hispanic? Was there an Hispanic man missing from Washoe County Utah?

Washoe county has a medical examiner. I would think he would be the one to unwrap the body.

Josh, just like tot mom KC, was probably relaxing eating bonbons, knowing that is not where he placed the body.

Has this person been properly ID yet?
First the body was a body, then not human,then Susan's people were notified,
then UTAH LE came in on this case, then a hispanic man,
I'm waiting for a proper ID.

Ok this isn't making sense to me. Why would they open the plastic outside at the site where the body was found.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=9265156

I don't buy it.

I can't speak for them but I do know that people sometimes make critical mistakes even though they were trained better.
I worked in a location that was always on the lookout for terrorist activity. We were trained in what to do if a suspiciuos package showed up. One day I found one. I walked away, sure to not use my radio, and got my superior. After telling of what I had found, I took him to the location. He reached over and opened it up. I couldn't move. I was pretty sure I was going to blow up. As you can see now, I did not. Someone had simply left this package. I knew that due to the sensitivity of our job, this may have been a test by the security division. After discussing this, we decided to follow protocol and call in the upper levels. First guy on the scene, opened the package. I yelled Boom.
Later we discussed what should have been done. Of course, I was lucky that I was the only one who managed to not touch the package or key the radio. We were all trained. Why did they touch the package, they just weren't thinking.

If someone is trained yet does not encounter the threat regularly, they may still do the wrong thing.

How would they know it was a Hispanic male if they didn't unwrap the body? Did they just peek?

From video at link above
Wrapped in plastic with duct tape ... so they must have unwrapped to a certain degree to know that he was Hispanic (Latino in some reports) male.

It has been 24 hours now since they have discovered this body, has nws come out and told anything more about who this is?
Is the body REALLY a Hispanic male????
What's happening?
I haven't heard anything, has anyone local?

It has been 24 hours now since they have discovered this body, has nws come out and told anything more about who this is?
Is the body REALLY a Hispanic male????
What's happening?
I haven't heard anything, has anyone local?

Yes and he was a murder victim.

Police identify body, suspect arrested
January 8th, 2010 @ 12:19pm
By Sam Penrod

AMERICAN FORK -- Investigators have identified a body found Thursday near the Utah-Nevada border.

American Fork police said the body was that of 46-year-old Jesus Landin of Lehi. They said they believed he was murdered back on Dec. 28.

American Fork police arrested 29-year-old Ramon Alfredo Somoza Friday in connection with the murder. Police said he was the victim's employer.

Landin was reported missing Dec. 31 by a friend. As investigators looked into the case, they discovered Landin made a call to Somoza on Dec. 28 demanding to be paid for work he had done.

Investigators discovered carpet in a Dumpster that had been ripped out at another location. They said they found traces of blood and possibly a bullet hole.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9273752

How would they know it was a Hispanic male if they didn't unwrap the body? Did they just peek?

From video at link above
Wrapped in plastic with duct tape ... so they must have unwrapped to a certain degree to know that he was Hispanic (Latino in some reports) male.

wow, did anyone read all the comments under the news link????

Yes and he was a murder victim.

Police identify body, suspect arrested
January 8th, 2010 @ 12:19pm
By Sam Penrod

AMERICAN FORK -- Investigators have identified a body found Thursday near the Utah-Nevada border.

American Fork police said the body was that of 46-year-old Jesus Landin of Lehi. They said they believed he was murdered back on Dec. 28.

American Fork police arrested 29-year-old Ramon Alfredo Somoza Friday in connection with the murder. Police said he was the victim's employer.

Landin was reported missing Dec. 31 by a friend. As investigators looked into the case, they discovered Landin made a call to Somoza on Dec. 28 demanding to be paid for work he had done.

Investigators discovered carpet in a Dumpster that had been ripped out at another location. They said they found traces of blood and possibly a bullet hole.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9273752

Thanks, now we can rest assured that he is not Susan, may he get justice!
Now we have to pray someone finds Susan!!!

With everyone waiting on pins and needles for the slightest news regarding the body, couldn't they at least have confirmed it wasn't Susan last night or earlier today??

I hope the murder victim, Jesus Landin, rests in peace. According to the Salt Lake Tribune, he was just trying to get paid for his work. :(

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14149853?source=rss

ETA Sorry passionflower...didn't see your post.

From January 2012:

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=18994524

Ramon Somoza, 31, was sentenced to 15 years to life in prison for murder, a first-degree felony.

He was also sentenced to one to 15 years in prison for obstructing justice, a second-degree felony, and zero to five years for abuse or desecration of a dead human body, a third-degree felony, in connection with the Dec. 28, 2009, murder of Jesus Landin, 46...

Somoza was convicted by a jury following a 3 ½-week trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back