UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s “unexpected” death last year, May 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imo -- Amazon needs to pull the sales of that book.
What if the murderer uses the proceeds to fund her defense ?

A question : IF they were devout Mormons (Idk), and if the wife had gone to a bishop or church leader and said she wanted out ... would she have been told to stay with him ?

My guess is that she killed him (allegedly) because she no longer wanted to be married to him.
Regardless, it was selfish of her to deprive her children of their father; if she's responsible for his death.
And it sounds like LE had enough to arrest and charge her !

She can spin a wild tale of how he wasn't meeting all of her needs, cruel, etc., and he can't defend himself.

Also wondering what she was like in her youth ?
Spoiled ?
Enabled ?
From the looks of the photos and their home, she was well provided for. :mad:
What -- it wasn't enough for her ?
Just saying.
M00.

Rest in gentle peace, Eric !
Another Mormon author who kills their spouse after a failed first try, sounds like Chad Daybell.

This article states the widow listed it wit K Richins Realty. Then states it is listed by Rosewood and Fathom realty. I don’t understand, or just confused, or something . I can’t even find a website for K. Richins realty .

ETA: So it is owned by K Richins realty, the alleged murderer. But she has it listed with R & F realty. I think I get it now. :rolleyes: I assume this is the property her poor husband wouldn’t sign the papers on?
Relators can often list and work on properties for different companies - especially when the other company is one you yourself started and are the owner of which I would assume she was with K. Richins Realty. Attaching a better known realty company to a property can increase exposure, marketing, etc. and make it easier to sell.

My guess is that K. Richins Realty was her realty company but she had no name recognition or marketing funds, etc. so she listed it with Rosewood & Fathom. They have more exposure and then just take a cut of the sale price. Happens all the time in the biz. Source: Multiple close friends who are relators.

kouri richins, kouri richins husband, eric richins
“Life is just so d*** hard without you here,” Kouri Richins posted in a Facebook reel that showed photos of her with Eric Richins. “The cards I have been dealt seems like a game that just can’t be played.” She included the hashtag #pleasecomehome with Eric Richins’ name.

Before finding Eric deceased, Kouri told police she left her phone behind in the couple’s bedroom while she was in a child’s bedroom, but phone records indicated that her phone was actually “active while in the child’s bedroom” and messages were deleted, according to KSLTV.

Warrant:
I like how she stays true to her Mormon roots by bleeping out the word 'damn' but gives no second thought to brutally murdering her husband and then profiting off it via the book. Priorities I suppose. :(

I think this case should be a study in trust your instincts. Eric seemed to know that after the Valentine's Day dinner when he became very ill that she was trying to poison him. I'm sure he stayed to protect his children and it cost him his life. Really sucks when he was so close to being free from this psycho. It's too bad that night he didn't just accept the Moscow Mule and then dump it out or whatever. I have to think he'd be suspicious of eating or drinking anything she made him after the VD incident.

Thank God the children weren't harmed and police uncovered this hackneyed plot before anyone else got harmed. Reading through the warrant, not only does she seem like an evil nutcase, she's also an absolutely terrible criminal - as in she's horrible at committing crimes, not that she's a terrible person (which of course she also is).

From book. NOT making this up.

"DEDICATION"
"Dedicated to my amazing husband and a wonderful father." *
At Amazon "Look inside."

"Are You With Me?" Publication date: Mar. 7, 2023. 41 pages. Paperback. $14.99.
Appears Kindle version is no longer available.

* https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BYBNCZ2...&asin=B0BYBNCZ2K&revisionId=&format=4&depth=1

ETA:
"Best Sellers Rank: #2,072 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
#13 in Children's New Baby Books
#30 in Children's Parents Books
Customer Reviews: 4.1 4.1 out of 5 stars 40 ratings"

ETA #2. Publisher's blurb:
"A heartwarming and reassuring book that gently guides children through the difficult experience of losing a loved one. Written by a loving mother who personally faced this challenge, this book is designed to offer comfort and solace to young minds in a way that is both accessible and engaging.

"With vivid and colorful illustrations, "Are You With Me" follows the story of a child who has lost their father, but who is reminded that his presence still exists all around them, just like an angel watching over them. Whether it's playing at the park or simply enjoying a quiet moment at home, the child is comforted by the knowledge that their father is always by their side.

"As a book that celebrates the resilience of the human spirit, "Are You With Me" is a must-read for any child who has experienced the pain of loss, and for parents who want to provide their children with the emotional support they need to heal and grow...."
Also pulled from Barnes & Noble. Still available on Bookshop.org, with reviews
https://bookshop.org/p/books/are-you-with-me-kouri-d-richins/19962724?ean=9798386105273
I just added it to my cart (and now I'm going to walk out of the store and leave the cart in the aisles, maybe they'll take the hint). Their contact page is not set up to handle complaints or suggestions, only issues with orders.
Still listed, though not available, on NetGalley, complete with reviews
Are you with me? | Kouri D. Richins | 9798386105273 | NetGalley

I wonder who she was messaging, what she was doing on her phone.

“She claimed that she left her phone plugged in in her bedroom while she was with her child, however, her phone showed it was locked and unlocked multiple times, and there was movement on the phone. There were also several messages sent and received during this time window, but those messages were deleted.”

Boyfriend?

Clipped from article:

“Kouri claimed to have performed CPR on Eric, but fire and EMS first responders said that was unlikely, citing blood coming from his mouth.

During CPR, when responders asked where Eric’s medications were, warrants state she claimed not to know because “the maid just puts medications in random places.”

Kouri claimed her husband had a pain pill addiction in high school but no substance abuse issues since.

Friends and family told police they did not notice any behavior indicative of drug use, and no pain killers were found in the family home.

Suspicious circumstances

The search warrants obtained by investigators detail the suspicious circumstances leading up to the death.

One of Eric’s two sisters told investigators he had called her a few years ago from Greece. While he and Kouri were on vacation, a drink she handed him made him violently ill.

The sister alleged Eric believed Kouri had tried to kill him.

Eric holds a joint life insurance policy with his business partner Cody Wright. The two men ran the business C&E Stone Masonry.

A warrant states Kouri logged into the two men’s life insurance policy in January 2022 and changed the policy. She removed them as each other’s beneficiary and named herself as the policy’s only beneficiary.

When the insurance company notified the men of the change, they were able to change it back.”

I think this case should be a study in trust your instincts. Eric seemed to know that after the Valentine's Day dinner when he became very ill that she was trying to poison him. I'm sure he stayed to protect his children and it cost him his life. Really sucks when he was so close to being free from this psycho. It's too bad that night he didn't just accept the Moscow Mule and then dump it out or whatever. I have to think he'd be suspicious of eating or drinking anything she made him after the VD incident.

Thank God the children weren't harmed and police uncovered this hackneyed plot before anyone else got harmed. Reading through the warrant, not only does she seem like an evil nutcase, she's also an absolutely terrible criminal - as in she's horrible at committing crimes, not that she's a terrible person (which of course she also is).
What’s scary is to look at her, she looks like a very normal, sweet, soccer mom. No one could imagine what lurked beneath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK