UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s unexpected death last year, May 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re saying that lab test can’t detect fentanyl residue in a glass? I guess I don’t understand what it has to do with the taste.
I recall during one of the earlier hearings where defense attorney SL blamed LE for a sloppy investigation and said something to the effect that LE never collected any dishes/glasses from the residence-- let alone tested any for fentanyl.

I don't recall if the State responded to the allegation but without evidence to the contrary, I tend to believe the glass wasn't collected or tested. That's not to say evidence wasn't destroyed or tampered with where KR ran the dishwasher. I really don't know, and this hasn't been revealed. MOO

I recall during one of the earlier hearings where defense attorney SL blamed LE for a sloppy investigation and said something to the effect that LE never collected any dishes/glasses from the residence-- let alone tested any for fentanyl.

I don't recall if the State responded to the allegation but without evidence to the contrary, I tend to believe the glass wasn't collected or tested. That's not to say evidence wasn't destroyed or tampered with where KR ran the dishwasher. I really don't know, and this hasn't been revealed. MOO

Sounds like the defense throwing out a red herring.

Since you didn't test for fentanyl in the dishes, then my client is innocent.

who knows what she put the fent in anyway. was it ever disclosed that he did actually have alcohol in his system? i have no reason to think it was anything other than a moscow mule, but i also don't put a lot of stock into anything she says/has said. and not sure it's all that relevant.

What would fentanyl even taste like if dissolved into a drink? IMO it had her psychotic medication in it, he conked out, and the she administered something.
Because there was no glass at the scene when she TOLD LE herself that she made him a drink and went to bed, I was asking if maybe she got rid of the glass because she was worried they would TEST it for fentanyl residue. I’m not sure where the taste question came from in response to what I said, but fentanyl doesn’t have much flavor. It is a little sweet.

Because there was no glass at the scene when she TOLD LE herself that she made him a drink and went to bed, I was asking if maybe she got rid of the glass because she was worried they would TEST it for fentanyl residue. I’m not sure where the taste question came from in response to what I said, but fentanyl doesn’t have much flavor. It is a little sweet.
That was the point I was trying to make as well. I highly doubt LE would have tasted the residue in the glass, had there been one. They would have had it lab tested for any residue.

So McCullagh scheduled an evidentiary hearing for May 13, two days before a hearing will decide if Richins is put on trial for murder.

A preliminary hearing date has been set for 9 a.m. on May 15.

Subject to change

Edit: removed motions hearing May 8 until can confirm.

Last edited:
Dont believe this article has ever been posted. A few bits and pieces from the article.
Full article at link...

Eric Richins’ family was not surprised to see new criminal charges filed against his wifeahead of her scheduled court date in a few weeks.

Greg Skordas, a spokesperson for the family, said the Richins were expecting the charges — attempted homicide, fraud and forgery — because they were “well aware” of the alleged crimes.

The Summit County Attorney’s Office accused Kouri of trying to poison Eric at least once before his death and other unlawful acts in the court documents first filed after her arrest in May 2023. However, prosecutors did not file charges against her until this week when there was enough information to do so.

Mar 26, 2024

Darden is under investigation for her possible involvement in “planning and orchestrating Eric’s death.” Summit County Sheriff’s Office deputies began looking into her after learning Darden’s romantic partner died of an unexpected overdose in 2006.

Darden has not been charged with a crime as of Tuesday afternoon.

There is a motions hearing set for 9:00 am MT on May 8. moo

So McCullagh scheduled an evidentiary hearing for May 13, two days before a hearing will decide if Richins is put on trial for murder.

A preliminary hearing date has been set for 9 a.m. on May 15.

Subject to change

I see the 5/13 & 5/15 hearings in the articles - but where is the motions hearing on 5/8 from? TIA!

She probably ran the dishwasher that night with his glass in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member