UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s unexpected death last year, May 2023 #3

You are conflating two witnesses. At the 23 minute mark of the video above skye is talking about an 1102 from the new witness 3.

CL or Witness 4 is the witness with immunity from the detention hearing that claims she sold Kouri the fentanyl she asked for. The prosecution never got an official signed 1102 statement from CL like they have for all the other witnesses. Skye said she got the list of 1102s on Monday night and just realized they didn’t get one for CL. The judge seemed to agree this was a major oversight on the prosecutions part and it seemed to be the main reason the prosecution had to delay things.

Witness 3 is a brand new witness that was also in drug court and given similar immunity for their statement saying Kouri asked them for fentanyl. This is the witness that Skye complained about the prosecutors writing up the 1102 statement for them. She didn’t say that about CL from the detention hearing.

I'm not following. My opinion post on the defense strategy is in reference to Count 4 per the Judge, and the parties reference to Witness 4's transcript (defense referred to them by their name during the hearing). This witness (4) was preadmitted from the bond detention hearing (Exhibit 1), and not an 1102 Witness for the prelim hearing .

To my knowledge, we have no reference to Witness 3 and any immunity agreement, and if one exists, please link. Thanks. MOO

From the State's Statement in Bench Brief:
1715876400248.png

From the Third Amended Complaint, Count 4:

1715876826309.png

Last edited:
I'm not following. My opinion post on the defense strategy is in reference to Count 4 per the Judge, and the parties reference to Witness 4's transcript (defense referred to them by their name during the hearing). This witness (4) was preadmitted from the bond detention hearing (Exhibit 1), and not an 1102 Witness for the prelim hearing .

To my knowledge, we have no reference to Witness 3 and any immunity agreement, and if one exists, please link. Thanks. MOO

From the State's Statement in Bench Brief:
View attachment 503940

From the Third Amended Complaint, Count 4:

View attachment 503941

The major issue yesterday was that Witness 4 should have had an 1102 statement for the preliminary hearing and the state did not get one. Witness 4 should’ve been on that list of 1102s even though her unofficial statements were previously used in the bail hearing. Skye noticed they still didn’t have it Monday night and called it out yesterday.

The Witness 3 immunity and state provided 1102 statement discussion starts at the 23 minute mark of the YouTube video you posted on the previous page. You seemed to have conflated what she was saying about this witness with it being about witness 4

Around 22:50 in that video Skye struggles for the witness number and the prosecutor tells her. She then says she’s talking about 1102 3. She must have meant witness 3’s 1102 but misspoke because 1102 3 doesn’t make sense. She couldn’t be referring to witness 4 because they didn’t provide an 1102 for witness 4.

She then discusses the state providing the 1102 statement draft for this witness and at 23:38 she says another issue is this witness has been granted immunity. The prosecution mentioned that Witness 3 was in drug court in one of the 1102 statements they provided so I’m 99% sure she is talking about witness 3 in this part of the video. I’m 100% sure she is not talking about witness 4 because witness 4 did not provide an 1102 statement yet.

Last edited:

Deputy Summit County attorney Bradley Bloodworth said he was not prepared to argue about whether these exhibits were admissible. He said they had no advance warning and, instead, it was "kind of the opposite."

He said, "Most of this is obvious to anybody that has practiced law for a moment."

District Court Judge Richard Mrazik said some of the "ambiguity" causing the delay was due to him not understanding the intentions of both the prosecution and defense. He said he would try to hold the hearing as quickly as possible, because Kouri Richins is in custody.

"I need to move whatever I need to move to make this happen," Mrazik said.

Lazaro said she wanted to continue with the hearing, though, and said her client had already waited "a substantial amount of time."

Some of the exhibits are "1102 statements," which are signed statements from witnesses that can replace an in-person testimony at the preliminary hearing stage of a case. If the judge does not agree to admit the 1102 statements, it could mean that more witnesses will need to testify. Instead of the one-day hearing scheduled Wednesday, there will now be a three-day preliminary hearing on June 18, 19 and 20, to give additional time should those witnesses need to testify.

At the time, the change by the defense impacted the schedule, and the same tactic by the defense on 5/15 caused the State to request the preliminary hearing rescheduled, causing another delay when their client is in custody.

While I still do not agree with your general choice of labels for the defense's choices, I do agree with your idea that there are delays that are being caused by the way the defense has chosen to advocate, in which they prioritize a fight now (over something seemingly not that significant) over keeping the trial process moving so that KR can have her day in court. (ETA - let me also add my apologies over the wording of my prior response. On further reflection, I do agree I was excessive in my labeling of what you said. Sorry!)

The situation today was all about that. The defense didn't communicate to let the state know in advance what evidence they might be demanding more foundation on, in this hearing. As it's only a preliminary where the standards on evidence are low anyhow, the state wouldn't assume and prepare for a full fight on all of it. So they have been forced to reschedule the now-bigger fight for a later date when they have court time and the witnesses available to have the fight.

OTOH while I suspect that in the long run we might end up in the very same place as if the defense had agreed and moved on, let's not assume that. The prior time that this happened and the defense seemed to be causing an unnecessary delay, in the end the defense won what they were asserting. Maybe this refusal to rubber-stamp the evidence will do the same. We'll have to see what happens in a month.

Last edited:
I wonder if Lotto from her ‘Walk the Dog’ letter is the alleged paramour.

Also, please text Lotto or call. Tell him do not text me anything about us doing things together ever! Like church, skiing, trips! Nothing that puts us together, it doesn’t look good.

What about asking Lotto to do a loan solely in his name and not have you on there. I know he can do a home equity line of credit on his house in hideout. Not sure if he would but I know he has like a million in equity. Maybe he just doesn’t know about a HELOC (home equity). If he wants to help me, taking care of those loans is most important.

Do you suppose that if Lotto is her nickname for her paramour, her full name for him is Mama, I won the Lottery with this guy?

Money, money, money was/is on her brain.

I wonder if he made a hasty retreat or if he’s thinking with his, well, not his brain.

Do you suppose that if Lotto is her nickname for her paramour, her full name for him is Mama, I won the Lottery with this guy?

Money, money, money was/is on her brain.

I wonder if he made a hasty retreat or if he’s thinking with his, well, not his brain.
That was my first reaction too. Narcissists aren't capable of love, only love-bombing if it served their particulat interest. IMO she's nothing but a sociopath. Uses people. New paramour, just next in line. She's probably all cooey in person, but behind hos back where it matters calls him a blank check. Lotta lottery.

JMO

• EXCLUSIVE Moscow Mule 'killer' Kouri Richins's lover unmasked: Utah author wanted to start new life with handyman Robert Grossmann - who ended up homeless after she evicted him​

• In a new court filing seen by DailyMail.com, prosecutors revealed Kouri Richins, 34, was having an affair with handyman Robert Grossmann, 41
  • The romance began before her husband Eric Richins's March 2022 death and continued for months after, until Kouri evicted Grossmann from her property
  • Grossmann wound up homeless, living out of a black Ford F150 pickup truck in Layton, Utah, and has had several run-ins with the law since

• EXCLUSIVE Moscow Mule 'killer' Kouri Richins's lover unmasked: Utah author wanted to start new life with handyman Robert Grossmann - who ended up homeless after she evicted him​

• In a new court filing seen by DailyMail.com, prosecutors revealed Kouri Richins, 34, was having an affair with handyman Robert Grossmann, 41
  • The romance began before her husband Eric Richins's March 2022 death and continued for months after, until Kouri evicted Grossmann from her property
  • Grossmann wound up homeless, living out of a black Ford F150 pickup truck in Layton, Utah, and has had several run-ins with the law since

Homeless is still better than dead, so he fared than Eric.

She is a black widow. No one is safe.

JMO

Good grief!

From the newest DM link:
Sources close to Kouri claim she evicted him because he [Grossmann] was allegedly using meth.
Yeah sounds like he probably did IMO. He was arrested for being in a 7/11 bathroom for over an hour and ten minutes. That kind of goes without saying lol. Makes me wonder if he had connections to other drugs too. Moo.

That was my first reaction too. Narcissists aren't capable of love, only love-bombing if it served their particulat interest. IMO she's nothing but a sociopath. Uses people. New paramour, just next in line. She's probably all cooey in person, but behind hos back where it matters calls him a blank check. Lotta lottery.

JMO

Excellent way to sum her up.

I've known people who used people.. .but nothing to this extent.

Can you imagine how two-faced someone has to be to be stealing thousands of dollars behind their husband's back then staying in the same house with them? And it wasn't a one-time offense.. she was doing it regularly and was forging his name on checks and powers of attorney, etc.

I can't imagine she would ever think that she would be able to pay it all back and not get discovered even if the sale of those houses had all come thru quickly.

I think she had probably in the back of her mind EARLY ON, that she would be killing him to 1) get his house, business and life insurance and 2) hide the fact that she was stealing from him.

This wasn't someone that made an error... this was a person who developed a plan.

The next Sugar Daddy was being groomed already.

Excellent way to sum her up.

I've known people who used people.. .but nothing to this extent.

Can you imagine how two-faced someone has to be to be stealing thousands of dollars behind their husband's back then staying in the same house with them? And it wasn't a one-time offense.. she was doing it regularly and was forging his name on checks and powers of attorney, etc.

I can't imagine she would ever think that she would be able to pay it all back and not get discovered even if the sale of those houses had all come thru quickly.

I think she had probably in the back of her mind EARLY ON, that she would be killing him to 1) get his house, business and life insurance and 2) hide the fact that she was stealing from him.

This wasn't someone that made an error... this was a person who developed a plan.

The next Sugar Daddy was being groomed already.
And it's precisely her ilk who tolerate nothing from others. Short her a dime and watch hell fury.

JMO

So...not Lotto

So, cynical me here.

Homeless handyman sounds less like paramour/maybe-aka-Lotto than a patsy to get people to quit looking for said paramour and/or Lotto.

she has one friend/employee buying her fentanyl, a boyfriend/employee who is into meth, this lady certainly travels in some unusual circles for someone who claims to be a well heeled, career oriented, soccer mom with a husband who had addiction problems. Sounds she she was the sum total of Eric's problems.

In court docs, the prosecution appears to identify RG as "paramour," and not by a witness #. From the quoted link, seems the "paramour" (RG) was granted immunity per the quoted MSM link:

Grossmann told detectives that Kouri had kicked him out of her condo in Saratoga Springs, Utah, in November 2022 and that he had been homeless ever since.

Sources close to Kouri claim she evicted him because he was allegedly using meth.

During a hearing on Wednesday, prosecutors in Summit County began to outline their case to show 'probable cause' that Kouri committed the murder.

They said that her lover would be an important part of their case because they demonstrate a motive for murder.
He has been given 'immunity', they noted.

In court docs, the prosecution appears to identify RG as "paramour," and not by a witness #. From the quoted link, seems the "paramour" (RG) was granted immunity per the quoted MSM link:

Grossmann told detectives that Kouri had kicked him out of her condo in Saratoga Springs, Utah, in November 2022 and that he had been homeless ever since.

Sources close to Kouri claim she evicted him because he was allegedly using meth.

During a hearing on Wednesday, prosecutors in Summit County began to outline their case to show 'probable cause' that Kouri committed the murder.

They said that her lover would be an important part of their case because they demonstrate a motive for murder.
He has been given 'immunity', they noted.
I can’t edit my comment from yesterday but I confirmed that Skye was referring to the new Witness 3 as the one that had their statement written for them and was also given immunity, not witness 4/CL.

Skye says 1102 3 and “him” (CL is a woman) but the prosecutor refers to the person they are talking about as witness 3 a minute later.

So the preliminary hearing issue was mainly about Witness 4/CL not having a signed 1102 that is required for a preliminary hearing.

Skye was not complaining about the old CL statements being written for her like you assumed.

Skye Lazaro and the attorneys at Ray Quinney & Nebeker P.C. have been leading Kouri Richins' defense in the civil and criminal cases against her, including for the alleged murder of her husband, Eric Richins.

The firm filed paperwork May 17 stating an "irreconcilable and nonwaivable situation" for the need to withdraw from her defense.

Well, well, well. Interesting.

Did someone read the writing on the wall? She’s guilty, guilty, guilty.

IMO

Did the money run out?

I imagine any properties still in KR’s name will be sold to pay all those investors and banks she bamboozled. More writing on the wall.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassy0511
Back