UT UT - Macin Smith, 17, St George, 1 Sept 2015

http://gephardtdaily.com/local/returnmacin/

Today, on the five month anniversary of Macin’s disappearance, his family announced that later this week a new flyer will be distributed that offers a $10,000 reward for his safe return.

Macin’s mom, Tracey Bratt-Smith, told Gephardt Daily: “This weekend we were pleasantly surprised by a very generous donor who contributed to Macin’s reward by $5,000. We are going to clean out Macin’s account and add it to that sum and the total reward that will be offered for information leading to the return of Macin will be $10,000. This will be on new BOLOs (Be on the lookout’s) this week.”

I pray for this family. The FB post by his mom says that they have had NO substantial leads.

Mom Of Missing Teen Macin Smith Says He Is Still ‘A Dominating Presence’

http://gephardtdaily.com/local/macinsmithsevenmonths/

On April Fool’s Day of last year, the tight-knit Smith family moved to St. George from Canada.

One year later, the first day of each month only reminds the family of the day 17-year-old son Macin went missing seven months ago.

Speaking exclusively to Gephardt Daily, Bratt-Smith said family members are having difficulty facing the fact that not only will April 1 mark seven months since Macin disappeared, but on April 7, he turns 18.

“It’s been a taxing week with Easter now behind us and the approaching 18th birthday of Macin,” she said. “If I was to do inventory on the situation, I would say that we are in the same place we were — as far as information leading to what happened to Macin — as we were two weeks after his disappearance.

“The increased reward has produced no results,” Bratt-Smith said. “The searches have ruled out where Macin is not, but no direction on which to go. The few leads that have been given to the St. George Police Department have produced dead ends.

I can't believe Macin's still missing. :(

I can't either, but had a thought when the article mentioned that he'll be 18 on the 7th. Maybe he'll come forward because then legally he is an adult and can't be forced to go back home? I hope that is the case and Macin is safe and sound.

I just found this case and quickly read thru the info. All of this is only my opinion. Sadly, in my opinion he is where he wanted to be. Teenagers make such rash and emotional decisions, then if you add suicide to that teenager angst its a deadly. It seems there was some sort of marital problems, the mom alludes to it when she says something like "we, (I took it to mean her husband and herself) have been thru a lot, but nothing like this. So if there were martial problems and Macin was enjoying the peace with his father being gone, then you add dad comes in and takes away his stuff, that might cause Macin to act out emotionally. I know it's very personal, but I would like to know what is the note he left, to his mother only. I suspect the note told her he wasn't happy there, he wanted to be away.

I dated a man who had a very similar thing happen to him. He got upset with his 17 y/o and they had words. Everyone went to bed. The mom found the son had killed himself by hanging himself in the back yard. I don't think this is what he really wanted, but when these powerful emotions take over you dont know what will happen.

In conclusion, I hope he is just angry and is out living a life he wanted to lead.

Happy Birthday Macin! Please call your Mom. I believe you are out there somewhere....

Still holding out this young man will make an appearance or at least call a family member. Can you imagine being that angry or depressed or lonely that you would disappear without a trsce.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I admit, every news story interview I get the impression there is something more no one is saying publicly. I also thought it was interesting when one of the search party mentioned, someone knows where he is or knows something (not direct quote) This was around the time they were searching SLC sightings. He can dye his hair and change his looks to the point he isn't recognized. IMO

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Thought I would share an update from Macin's momma. She posts frequently on the facebook page. We are keeping the faith he will return safely.

31 May 2016
Dear Macin's Army:
Phone has been silent. Not much communication from anyone. Tomorrow it will be 9 months. I was thinking tonight that originally we counted days, then weeks and now we are counting months. I pray the count won't ever go into "years" category. Don't even want to think about it. So here's what we know.
1. Macin did NOT get on the bus Sept 1 2015
2. Macin did NOT go to school on Sept 1 2015
3. Interactions with his parents were not unusual the day before. He did go to bed early but I went in and spoke with him and said good night.(Texts were future talking texts regarding homework assignments. He had just done well on a test that Monday.)
4. Heard him in the kitchen the morning of his disappearance. Nothing seemed unusual as he left the same time (7:40am) he usually catches the bus.
5. Macin was NOT comfortable driving.
6. Macin left without phone, wallet, or cash. All contents that he typically had in his wallet were still there. I have his passports and SSN card etc.
7. Macin got his electronics confiscated between 1:00-1:30am on Tuesday morning as he was still up watching movies. He handed them over willingly and without conflict.
8. Macin has NOT signed onto any social media nor has he signed into his email. No electronic footprints.
9. St George Police has all his electronic devices including his xbox one. They have run his laptop multiple times to see if any clues have emerged. They have not.
10. Macin had a couple friends at school but mostly hung out by himself. They have been questioned.
11. Macin was always home. Hardly went out. Had to be encouraged to go to social settings.
12. Macin is a good kid. I would leave him a list of chores and he would do them without ever complaining. (However, sometimes he would say "I forgot.").
13. Macin was LOVED. By his parents, siblings, extended family and community. I expressed almost daily that I loved him. Sometimes I would hear it back too. ;)
14. Macin would get down/low at times. He would isolate. St George was the happiest I've seen him. We would comment to each other that it must be because it's sunny every single day. :)
15. Macin worked hard all summer to catch up academically so he could graduate on time. Some of the Canada credits did not transfer.
16. Macin attended 9-11th grade in Alberta. He was supportive of moving to a warmer climate and enjoy the perks of a larger school.
17. Macin loved to sing. He wanted to sing professionally.
18. Macin wrote lyrics.
19. Macin did leave a note that said "good bye." He was upset with us (his parents) for different reasons.
20. Macin was not a drug/alcohol user.
If you made it this far, you are a true follower. Thank you. I could write on and on about my boy....but those are the facts that are on my mind today. No additional clues then the week he left. We've had some potential sightings that have resulted in disappointment so far. Please continue to keep your eyes open for our 6'4" 200lb size 14 shoe handsome boy. Yes. He is now officially an adult but that does not mean our concern for his life and well being are diminished. It would not matter if he was 50 years old. He is gone. Disappeared without a trace. He has perplexed many. We are desperate to know if he is still living. We would be pacified to know only this. We miss him every moment of every day.
Love,
The Momma

So Macin went to bed early, but yet stayed up late watching movies. He seems like a docile son, and perhaps a bit isolated socially - by choice? Was he a perfectionist maybe? Leaving a note to say goodbye and leaving behind his wallet, etc doesn't seem good. Could Macin have headed back to Alberta? Do we know where in Alberta they lived? I wish we could know more about the contents of the note. I can't imagine this poor mother's pain, and obviously Macin has his own pain (what is the source of his pain?).
Where are you Macin?

So Macin went to bed early, but yet stayed up late watching movies. He seems like a docile son, and perhaps a bit isolated socially - by choice? Was he a perfectionist maybe? Leaving a note to say goodbye and leaving behind his wallet, etc doesn't seem good. Could Macin have headed back to Alberta? Do we know where in Alberta they lived? I wish we could know more about the contents of the note. I can't imagine this poor mother's pain, and obviously Macin has his own pain (what is the source of his pain?).
Where are you Macin?

BBM
I find it strange that the mother is not talking about the contents of Macin's note. IMO, probably not flattering to her or step-dad. Maybe the mother had plans for Macin that he did not agree with. IMO, the source of his pain might be found in his note. Something weird about this. I have a feeling he got some help in St. George and is alive. Hope I am right.

I watched the interviews and try to keep up with the posts. I believe there are links on the facebook group that explains the story including the note. From what I read, the note was a 'good-bye' and mom shared that Macin was upset with her and dad, for various reasons.

Early on I am not sure they found the note right away. It was tucked in his wallet. Was a few pages, not sure that makes sense, I'm just restating what was put out there.

Recently, mom has mentioned his disappearance touching on the possibility he may be dead and hoping he is out there. She/They want to know...obviously.

I think we help by sharing and staying positive.

I've always assumed what was in the note was too painful and personal for her to share, and I understand wanting to respect his privacy because what if he is out there somewhere? If she knows what's in the note won't help to find him there's no reason to make it public.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back